Started restoring my 76 (It's come a long way) - Page 3 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C3 Corvette Forums > C3 Corvette
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

C3 Corvette
C3 Corvette General | Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Other sections:
Corvettes Classifieds
Corvette Detailing & Car Care
Corvette Audio/Video/Radar
General Automotive/Shop/Tools
Corvette Performance Driving/Racing

( Sponsored by: Zip Corvette Parts )

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 06-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #31
Billsvette
DC Crew

Member #62110

My Corvette(s)
69 corvette

You sir are a good fabricator You are doing so awesome work, You also have alot of energy It makes you realize and respect all the hard work that goes into these cars.I guess when its a labour of love you dont really realize all that you do.
Billsvette is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2011, 11:43 AM   #32
Marks76ray
DC Crew

Member #87984

My Corvette(s)
1976 Stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billsvette View Post
You sir are a good fabricator You are doing so awesome work, You also have alot of energy It makes you realize and respect all the hard work that goes into these cars.I guess when its a labour of love you dont really realize all that you do.
Thanks Bill
I dont have that much energy, I have psoriatic arthritis and it really gets me down at times. I know that some day I will not be able to work on cars and as long as I stay active at work and at home I will still have more years left in me. So I push myself. 15 years ago I could have finished this car in a year, so now I just take my time. Its funny when your young most of us dont have the money to do this, raising the kids and such, when you get older and have a little extra your body want let you go.
Marks76ray is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2011, 12:25 PM   #33
Billsvette
DC Crew

Member #62110

My Corvette(s)
69 corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks76ray View Post
Thanks Bill
I dont have that much energy, I have psoriatic arthritis and it really gets me down at times. I know that some day I will not be able to work on cars and as long as I stay active at work and at home I will still have more years left in me. So I push myself. 15 years ago I could have finished this car in a year, so now I just take my time. Its funny when your young most of us dont have the money to do this, raising the kids and such, when you get older and have a little extra your body want let you go.
OH i really understand what your saying,I myself is in that same boat But you seem to be doing really good,keep it up
Billsvette is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #34
Spiderpat
Web Head

Member #39596

My Corvette(s)
04 Z06 aka The Black Widow

Great job. Thanks for keeping us updated as to the progress.
Spiderpat is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
My Black Widow

Most of my patients survive no matter what I do to them
Old 06-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #35
raidmagic
DC Crew

Member #1067

My Corvette(s)
Rare 1987 bright red

LOVE IT!!!! Don't get discouraged if others don't post you can see how much it's being used by the thread views. Lots of people will check everything out and not post.

How far are you from New Albany MS? My brother is up there and is always looking for more car guys to hang out with and help.
raidmagic is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sampson 9/22/97-1/1/05
Old 06-23-2011, 04:00 PM   #36
wan2run
DC Crew

Member #95364

My Corvette(s)

Looking good! Keep it up! Great score on the tranny too...
wan2run is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2011, 07:08 PM   #37
Marks76ray
DC Crew

Member #87984

My Corvette(s)
1976 Stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidmagic View Post
LOVE IT!!!! Don't get discouraged if others don't post you can see how much it's being used by the thread views. Lots of people will check everything out and not post.

How far are you from New Albany MS? My brother is up there and is always looking for more car guys to hang out with and help.
Small world isn't it! I live 14 miles from NEW Albany and in the same county (Union)
Old 06-23-2011, 09:22 PM   #38
raidmagic
DC Crew

Member #1067

My Corvette(s)
Rare 1987 bright red

Quote:
Small world isn't it! I live 14 miles from NEW Albany and in the same county (Union)
That's cool I'm going to link him to this thread.
raidmagic is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sampson 9/22/97-1/1/05
Old 06-24-2011, 02:13 AM   #39
The SHARK
DC Crew

Member #116648

My Corvette(s)
1973 Corvette Stingray

Keep up the good work!
The SHARK is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2011, 11:15 AM   #40
rookievette
I'm related so I get a title.

Member #83746

My Corvette(s)

Hey Marks76Ray, I am Raid's brother over in New Albany. Maybe we could get together some time and talk vettes. I have a PG94 that is getting repainted and am doing a frame off on a 67 Chevelle. It's good to know there are other car guys in the area.
rookievette is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2011, 11:57 AM   #41
Art Jett

Member #46210

My Corvette(s)
1977 TPI 383 stroker/700R-4, 2002 Viper GTS

Quote:
Thanks Bill
I'm right there with you brother! I'm just now getting over surgery ( silastic joint replacement ) in my right hand due to arthritis, and already have another knuckle succoming to the same thing. Getting hard to work on things anymore. Art
Art Jett is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #42
Marks76ray
DC Crew

Member #87984

My Corvette(s)
1976 Stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookievette View Post
Hey Marks76Ray, I am Raid's brother over in New Albany. Maybe we could get together some time and talk vettes. I have a PG94 that is getting repainted and am doing a frame off on a 67 Chevelle. It's good to know there are other car guys in the area.
That would be great, sounds like a cool resto on that chevelle, send me a PM some time and we will get together.

I would also like to thank everyone on the words of encouragement, this is a truly great community. Mark
Old 06-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #43
riggs 74
DC Crew

Member #78208

My Corvette(s)
74 vette

Looking good mark. You say your not making much progress, in the time you have been posting on this you seem to be making really good time. I have been since last Oct, rebuilding the rear drive train and getting things together for my LS swap, Its taking me to long. I hope to pull the old motor out next weekend and clean and paint the engine bay, then hopefully by the following week have the LS in the car, at least bolted in place.

Your doing a great job with what you've done already, and I can't wait to see the car finished.

Riggs
riggs 74 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2011, 09:07 PM   #44
Marks76ray
DC Crew

Member #87984

My Corvette(s)
1976 Stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggs 74 View Post
Looking good mark. You say your not making much progress, in the time you have been posting on this you seem to be making really good time. I have been since last Oct, rebuilding the rear drive train and getting things together for my LS swap, Its taking me to long. I hope to pull the old motor out next weekend and clean and paint the engine bay, then hopefully by the following week have the LS in the car, at least bolted in place.

Your doing a great job with what you've done already, and I can't wait to see the car finished.

Riggs
Thanks, there are other things I have not posted yet. I have about 15 working hours in a wiring harness that is about 50% finished. I plan on doing a separate thread on the wiring with some pictures on this thread. The PCM, TAC, ground bar, and fuse block will be in the compartment in the back. The wiring comes easy to me, I have been doing industrial wiring for 22 years and some of it is a lot more complicated.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:39 PM   #45
hitmanoc
DC Crew

Member #111131

My Corvette(s)
2009 Crystal Red Conv

Quote:
Thanks Bill
Thank you for posting the pictures and progress on the car. It's amazing to me what some of you guys can do with these cars and I have nothing but respect for someone who has the patience and skill to take a broken piece of automotive American history and nurse it back to it's former glory.

Personally, I don't have the skill or time to even consider something like this right now with raising a family and all, but I would sure love to learn down the road when the kids are grown and I have the time. I can't think of a more satisfying thing than restoring an old Vette.

Kudos to you man...
hitmanoc is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in