Road rage gone bad - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 06-26-2015, 09:28 PM   #1
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Thanked 1,124 Times in 810 Posts
Road rage gone bad

Think twice before you go road rage on someone.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lInI25i1Uhk
Texdentist is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2015, 10:33 PM   #2
87vette70TA
Account Disabled.

Member #139306

My Corvette(s)
1987 C4 Roadster

That is just Hilarious Doc.....

87vette70TA is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I Love Titanium .
Old 06-27-2015, 03:47 AM   #3
fatguyzinc
DC Crew

Member #146809

My Corvette(s)
1978 w/ 454

and that, ladies and germs, is how america used to be and SHOULD still be--act like a fool, get knocked on your ass. you learn not to act that way real fast.
fatguyzinc is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
If i cant eat it, ride it, drive it, or f*ck it, then i dont care...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatguyzinc For This Useful Post:
87vette70TA (06-27-2015), HN376RAR (06-27-2015)
Old 06-27-2015, 05:26 AM   #4
OldVetteFan
Iron Fist in a Velvet Glove

Member #23592

My Corvette(s)
65 Coupe (Sold) 95 Blk Coupe (Gold Cert - Sold) 2011 Grand Sport

I'll take an opposite tack here.

I think the people filming were wrong. It was clear that the guy following was trying to get around them, and it was also clear that they had plenty of opportunities to move over and let the faster car get by.

It really pisses me off when I'm in the left lane, coming up on a slower vehicle in the right lane, and they move into the right lane to pass yet a slower vehicle, causing me to slow down. Then they just merrily - and slowly - pass the third vehicle - and then take their sweet time moving over afterwards.

If I'm already passing someone, and a faster car approaches me, I will speed up to get around and back in the right lane.

That said, the aggressor in the clip was clearly wrong to stop, block traffic, and then decide to put violence behind his temper tantrum. He got what he deserved.

Steven
OldVetteFan is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
If energy and enthusiasm were a substitute for experience and expertise, then I could hire my 12 year old to do this job.

NCM Club Ambassador
Master Ambassador - 2009
Old 06-27-2015, 07:29 AM   #5
fyreline
DC Crew

Member #37720

My Corvette(s)
1962 327/300hp, 2014 Premiere Edition convertible, 1959 Yard-Man Corvette go-kart

You have no right to demand that other people drive as fast as YOU want them to drive. As long as they are not presenting a road hazard, such as driving 35 mph on a freeway, they have a perfect right to use the passing lane as a passing lane at whatever rate they overtake the other vehicle, as long as they do so in a reasonable amount of time and then return to the traffic lane in a reasonable amount of time.

It's that "reasonable amount of time" that we trip up on. Grandpa in his Chrysler New Yorker or Mom in her minivan may take three times as long to accomplish the above maneuvers than you would, but you know what? Tough. I'm a firm believer in "Slower Traffic Keep Right" . . . but trying to be a one-man civilian enforcement arm is not a good plan.
fyreline is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"You are entitled to your own opinion - you are NOT entitled to your own facts".
Old 06-27-2015, 07:39 AM   #6
1963SS
DC Crew

Member #96709

My Corvette(s)
1995 C4

I personally hate "left lane bandits" and I encounter them every day. While cruising the Power Tour a few weeks ago I saw a road sign in one state that stated, "Left Lane is for passing, Not Cruising. Please Move Over". I liked that sign and wish all states had them.

Just because you choose to drive in the passing lane at the posted speed limit or a bit slower doesn't mean that I want to. You are not a traffic cop and your idea of a "rolling roadblock" aggravates me sometimes. Just move over you inconsiderate buttheads. There's no need to force me to break the law by passing on the right and putting myself in your blind spot. If I choose to break the speed limit laws....well then, that's between me and the fine men in blue, not you.

Many of the drivers in Ohio must be taught to drive in the left lane in driver's ed classes because that state is the worst I've seen.
1963SS is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
If smoking marijuana causes short term memory loss

What does smoking marijuana do?
The Following User Says Thank You to 1963SS For This Useful Post:
Fly03Z06 (06-28-2015)
Old 06-27-2015, 07:43 AM   #7
fyreline
DC Crew

Member #37720

My Corvette(s)
1962 327/300hp, 2014 Premiere Edition convertible, 1959 Yard-Man Corvette go-kart

"Driving in the passing lane" automatically puts them in the wrong. If you re not overtaking another vehicle, you should not be in that lane.

Too bad most US drivers seem completely unaware of this. It would eliminate a lot of problems.
fyreline is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"You are entitled to your own opinion - you are NOT entitled to your own facts".
The Following User Says Thank You to fyreline For This Useful Post:
HN376RAR (06-28-2015)
Old 06-27-2015, 08:03 AM   #8
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Indiana just passed a law that states that you cannot drive slower than the person behind you in the passing lane. If you do, you can be cited. The deal is, the police want speeders to be allowed to go as fast as they want so that THEY can be cited by the police. The slower drivers are getting in the way.

Now that's a new one! And Doc, here's the perfect road rage video...

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
The Following User Says Thank You to Junkman2008 For This Useful Post:
Pops71lives (06-27-2015)
Old 06-27-2015, 08:46 AM   #9
Pops71lives
DC Crew

Member #132985

My Corvette(s)

The dude had opportunity to slide over and let the guy go on. He probably should have. Some people are assholes and there's no sense in putting the wife and I thought I heard a baby, both at risk. Now if you take somebody blocking the hammer lane so personal you stop, block traffic and want to wrestle. You have a whooping coming and he got it. Both were fortunate neither had a lethal weapon..could have been way worse. Junk first thing I thought about was indiana's new law.
Pops71lives is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2015, 02:46 PM   #10
OldVetteFan

Member #23592

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Indiana just passed a law that states that you cannot drive slower than the person behind you in the passing lane. If you do, you can be cited. The deal is, the police want speeders to be allowed to go as fast as they want so that THEY can be cited by the police. The slower drivers are getting in the way.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/p...lane/27959911/
If energy and enthusiasm were a substitute for experience and expertise, then I could hire my 12 year old to do this job.

NCM Club Ambassador
Master Ambassador - 2009
Old 06-27-2015, 03:10 PM   #11
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldVetteFan View Post
I'll take an opposite tack here.

I think the people filming were wrong. It was clear that the guy following was trying to get around them, and it was also clear that they had plenty of opportunities to move over and let the faster car get by.

It really pisses me off when I'm in the left lane, coming up on a slower vehicle in the right lane, and they move into the right lane to pass yet a slower vehicle, causing me to slow down. Then they just merrily - and slowly - pass the third vehicle - and then take their sweet time moving over afterwards.

If I'm already passing someone, and a faster car approaches me, I will speed up to get around and back in the right lane.

That said, the aggressor in the clip was clearly wrong to stop, block traffic, and then decide to put violence behind his temper tantrum. He got what he deserved.

Steven
That wasn't my take. It looked to me like the driver in the rear was already enraged and trying to get into a position to force them off the road. But traffic kept getting in his way, so he had difficulty passing them. He looks like the intigator to me, but your statements show that it isn't clear from the video.
Old 06-27-2015, 03:47 PM   #12
OldVetteFan

Member #23592

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
That wasn't my take. It looked to me like the driver in the rear was already enraged and trying to get into a position to force them off the road. But traffic kept getting in his way, so he had difficulty passing them. He looks like the intigator to me, but your statements show that it isn't clear from the video.
When I watched it, it appeared that there were places that the lead car could have pulled over, and that they were speeding up to keep the faster car behind them.

I figured since they were recording the event, they probably were purposefully agitating the second car.

But I only watched it once, so I could be completely wrong.

Steven

NCM Club Ambassador
Master Ambassador - 2009
Old 06-28-2015, 08:11 AM   #13
Fly03Z06

Member #68577

My Corvette(s)
Now 03Z, Then 00, 80, 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963SS View Post
I personally hate "left lane bandits" and I encounter them every day. While cruising the Power Tour a few weeks ago I saw a road sign in one state that stated, "Left Lane is for passing, Not Cruising. Please Move Over". I liked that sign and wish all states had them.

.......Many of the drivers in Ohio must be taught to drive in the left lane in driver's ed classes because that state is the worst I've seen.
Part of the Ohio drivers problem is that they seem to follow the Michigan drivers who are use to having three lanes. The other problem is the amount of people driving that cannot read, which have disabled parking permits hanging from their rearview mirror that clearly states in bold print to "Remove Before Driving".
Fly03Z06 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
......nevermind
Old 06-28-2015, 08:20 PM   #14
Newton
DC Crew

Member #4419

My Corvette(s)
Stingray

If i had to guess i would say what ever cited that happened before the video started so who knows the whole story.
Newton is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2015, 08:48 PM   #15
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Here's the problem with the left lane "fast lane" argument. This happens to me all the time -- i' m in the left lane because I am going faster than all the other lanes. Usually I am running about 10 over. So some guy comes up fast behind me going 85 and he wants me out of the way. If the lane to my right is open, I try to do the courteous thing and move over for him. But freeways are very busy around here, and often I can't move over to a slower lane without cutting somebody too close. So I'm in the wrong because I'm driving fast, but not fast enough for the speed demon? I don't think so. He should be able to see my predicament and simply (heaven forbid) slow down to a reasonable speed for the traffic conditions. But usually he gets on my bumper to intimidate me into either speeding up or making a dangerous lane change. Sorry. Tough shit. Just because he wants to drive 25 over the speed limit in a busy metro area doesn't mean he gets to. I don't feel bad at all about staying in my lane at my speed until I can safely move over. Again, on a crowded freeway, that might be a couple of miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in