It's That Time, Again. - Page 4 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 05-18-2019, 11:00 PM   #46
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniacmechanic1 View Post
Retune. Was a Piggyback EFI 2 injectors added to Intake cast Boost section to throttle body.
Amazing....

This setup would benefit well from oversized fuel rails, huge injectors like 60 or 80 lb/hr, oversized intake runners and throttle body, FAST easy EFI 2.0 multi port retro fit, a larger pair of turbos, and a water meth injection kit using those two injectors and that small rail directly in front of the throttle body.

But I digress. So much work and effort would be so much better spent on applying TT to an LS or newer engine.
autowiz is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2019, 11:38 PM   #47
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Quote:
Originally Posted by autowiz View Post

This setup would benefit well from oversized fuel rails, huge injectors like 60 or 80 lb/hr, oversized intake runners and throttle body, FAST easy EFI 2.0 multi port retro fit, a larger pair of turbos, and a water meth injection kit using those two injectors and that small rail directly in front of the throttle body.

But I digress. So much work and effort would be so much better spent on applying TT to an LS or newer engine.
There was a rare option intake on Tuned Port TPI TT Callaway.
I recall it was about 1988-89.
Maybe 5 casted made. It was nicknamed the Mailbox intake.
Predecessor to the LT1-LT4.
It had a Rouned appearance.
Much like Tony Mammos Mini Ram.
The Maibox intake was good for 100 Hp more bolted on.
Have to remember it was 1980s tech and no aftermarket blocks existed.
They all used Chevy 4-bolt Truck blocks.

It's customer wants and desires.
Custom race builds are up $200k in shops as you know with labor.
Most do not want old Tech.

Actually 1 guy doing miracles with SBC.
ONLY ON FACEBOOK.
CHAD SPIERS.
He has cranked out drag SBC pushing 900 Hp 1-4bbl No power adder.
He is A Pro Head porter.
I think he is the best alive.
Puts Mammo to shame.
Maniacmechanic1 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2019, 10:51 AM   #48
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

Quote:
So it is summer. Are you gonna go visit a drag strip in person this year or what?

Last edited by autowiz; 05-19-2019 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:04 AM   #49
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

You should go visit a raceway this summer. See what is out there. See what people are really running with. Ya know? Unplug from your mind and get a little dose of reality in you.

Last edited by autowiz; 05-19-2019 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:13 PM   #50
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Quote:
You should go visit a raceway this summer. See what is out there. See what people are really running with. Ya know? Unplug from your mind and get a little dose of reality in you.
I already know what's out there Wiz here in lllinois, Wisconsin & Indiana.
Since It has been so dead for months and months on end here on DC I decided not to hog the Forum with Drag Racing Events.
Gunny Loves Road Racing along with most others.

Every Track in the Midwest is Jam Packed with No Prep Time clocks off drag racing events.
The MAIN FEATURES IN 2019 !
STREET OUTLAWS !

Run what you Brung....Fuck it don't matter !
Old 05-19-2019, 02:16 PM   #51
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Quote:
So it is summer. Are you gonna go visit a drag strip in person this year or what?
Big Chief is coming to Route 66 in Joliet.
Mopar Bob and me are going !
Kinch and Cody also.
There will be 250,000 other Street Racing Mofos there just like me !
Old 05-19-2019, 02:16 PM   #52
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Quote:
Chicago race got cancelled.
Rain here this weekend.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:59 PM   #53
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

Quote:
I already know what's out there Wiz here in lllinois, Wisconsin & Indiana...

Run what you Brung....Fuck it don't matter !
That's right buddy. So just take your C4 out there and get a baseline on the prepped track. You are always talking about these huge burnouts and traveling over 100mph in that car, so why not? And then come home and make a change before you go back. And slowly you can at least call your C4 your racecar as you chase better times at each point on the slips. I have already set the racecar bar pretty low with my 357hp DD. And your C4 you claim to be a better drag racing chassis. So go prove it to us. Go get and show us some 60' times. That doesn't take thousands of HP. just a good chassis setup and some sticky tires. Me and the red C6 are stuck around 1.8s. And easy time to beat.
Old 05-19-2019, 10:36 PM   #54
1963SS
DC Crew

Member #96709

My Corvette(s)
1995 C4

Wiz, some folks have a hard time with Money, reality, fantasy and the real world. There are different classes for a reason. When I started road racing it was in a H/Production Bugeye Sprite. The lowest SCCA class. 948 cc's of rompin' stomping racecar. It was slow by racecar standards but when there are 40 cars on a track running down the 5000' main straight wide open at 120 MPH or so trading paint and mirrors it's a rush. 40 cars trying to get the best line to a 90 degree turn 1. It's as much a race as any class.

Next came a 1296cc Triumph Spitfire F/Production and quite a bit faster than the H/P cars. Still 40 of us all racing our asses off and a big a thrill as the B/M Corvettes.

Next came the D/P TR5. 2500 cc's of faster racing still. Same folks, same racing and the same thrill as the Bugeye.

SCCA D/P Porsche was next and it was faster than the Triumph. The Porsche is the one that I took to IMSA GTU class. Less than 2.5 liters but a lot more leeway in the power, suspension and speed. We still respected the H/P guys because we knew that their rush was the same as ours. 25 laps around a 2.5 mile course takes time and you're always on your game or you're in the runoff area, the bushes or you're trying out your roll bar. You're supposed to keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down.

I don't see drag racing as any different. There are classes for a reason. Learn to drive on a good reliable and fast car and keep moving up as your finances and desire will allow. Many folks stayed in H/P all their racing days and still had the same shaky hands after the race as the "big boys". It's a physiological adrenalin rush regardless of the class.

Your car is turning good times for what you have and you may want to stay right there and that's just fine. You may want to move up and go a bunch faster and that's alright also. Your car and your call.

We might have a self declared street racer on here that would be totally lost and surely dead if he tried to jump into a funny car. Learn to drive whatever makes YOU happy. There's no sense in trying to be the fastest because there will ALWAYS be someone faster. Keep on keeping on and race your racecar however you feel. You're doing it right. You're doing it within your budget and I'm certain there's food on your table, the kids are well dressed and you're a responsible adult. Good job!!
1963SS is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
If smoking marijuana causes short term memory loss

What does smoking marijuana do?
The Following User Says Thank You to 1963SS For This Useful Post:
autowiz (05-23-2019)
Old 05-19-2019, 10:40 PM   #55
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Quote:
That's right buddy. So just take your C4 out there and get a baseline on the prepped track. You are always talking about these huge burnouts and traveling over 100mph in that car, so why not? And then come home and make a change before you go back. And slowly you can at least call your C4 your racecar as you chase better times at each point on the slips. I have already set the racecar bar pretty low with my 357hp DD. And your C4 you claim to be a better drag racing chassis. So go prove it to us. Go get and show us some 60' times. That doesn't take thousands of HP. just a good chassis setup and some sticky tires. Me and the red C6 are stuck around 1.8s. And easy time to beat.

Waste of time.
Its a 13.1 ET car or so.

When Ready with the Trans Am I am going right after the 1000 HP Hellaphant.
780 Hp Demon.
707 Hellocats Modded to 1000 + HP.

Less than 9-second ET Power with Timeclocks off.
Old 05-19-2019, 10:48 PM   #56
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963SS View Post
Wiz, some folks have a hard time with Money, reality, fantasy and the real world. There are different classes for a reason. When I started road racing it was in a H/Production Bugeye Sprite. The lowest SCCA class. 948 cc's of rompin' stomping racecar. It was slow by racecar standards but when there are 40 cars on a track running down the 5000' main straight wide open at 120 MPH or so trading paint and mirrors it's a rush. 40 cars trying to get the best line to a 90 degree turn 1. It's as much a race as any class.

Next came a 1296cc Triumph Spitfire F/Production and quite a bit faster than the H/P cars. Still 40 of us all racing our asses off and a big a thrill as the B/M Corvettes.

Next came the D/P TR5. 2500 cc's of faster racing still. Same folks, same racing and the same thrill as the Bugeye.

SCCA D/P Porsche was next and it was faster than the Triumph. The Porsche is the one that I took to IMSA GTU class. Less than 2.5 liters but a lot more leeway in the power, suspension and speed. We still respected the H/P guys because we knew that their rush was the same as ours. 25 laps around a 2.5 mile course takes time and you're always on your game or you're in the runoff area, the bushes or you're trying out your roll bar. You're supposed to keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down.

I don't see drag racing as any different. There are classes for a reason. Learn to drive on a good reliable and fast car and keep moving up as your finances and desire will allow. Many folks stayed in H/P all their racing days and still had the same shaky hands after the race as the "big boys". It's a physiological adrenalin rush regardless of the class.

Your car is turning good times for what you have and you may want to stay right there and that's just fine. You may want to move up and go a bunch faster and that's alright also. Your car and your call.

We might have a self declared street racer on here that would be totally lost and surely dead if he tried to jump into a funny car. Learn to drive whatever makes YOU happy. There's no sense in trying to be the fastest because there will ALWAYS be someone faster. Keep on keeping on and race your racecar however you feel. You're doing it right. You're doing it within your budget and I'm certain there's food on your table, the kids are well dressed and you're a responsible adult. Good job!!
There is a video out with a Hellcat Road Racing.
He actually does pretty good and cutsc respectively good track time.
It's on Grumps.
Either he posted or I did. Don't recall now.
Old 05-19-2019, 10:52 PM   #57
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Quote:

Its just the Shitter till the C8 comes out.
1 more year at least for the TT C8.

I think the shitter till someone here races the Donkmaster in Florida You Wiz & win.
Me I race Turbo Joe.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:24 AM   #58
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963SS View Post

We can not even do anything to bring Pro Tour back Mainstream to Digital Corvette.
It was all based around Physdo Road Race Kool.
Absolute Zero with Drag Race Super Fast Sub 10 second 1/4 Et.

There has Not Been A Lemans Win by Corvette for a Long Time Now
IT'S BY FAR THE GREATEST CORVETTE ACHIEVMENT.

THEY KEPT FUCKING AROUND SUPERCHARGING.
GM JUST FUCKING SUCKS AT IT.

LOOK BACK AT THE BUICK 1987 GNX.
HOLY FUCK FAST OUT OF NO WHERE 1987 TURBO V6.

C8 HAS TO WIN LEMANS.
NEED THAT 1000 HP TT.

Last edited by Maniacmechanic1; 05-20-2019 at 06:50 AM.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:52 AM   #59
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Just because the Donkmaster is Black and your White Wiz does not mean he has a Bigger Dick than You.
Well he might.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:55 AM   #60
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in