Driver side Blinker is Freakin OUT! - Page 4 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C5 Corvette Forums > C5 Corvette - General Discussion
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

C5 Corvette - General Discussion General | Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Other sections:
Corvettes Classifieds
Corvette Detailing & Car Care
Corvette Audio/Video/Radar
General Automotive/Shop/Tools
Corvette Performance Driving/Racing

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 05-21-2009, 02:23 PM   #46
DarthAWM
DC Crew

Member #83845

My Corvette(s)
2003 Torch Red 6 speed coupe, 2000 Bowing Green Metalic Auto Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choreo View Post
I special ordered mine in 2001 loaded also and I am pretty sure only the left and inside mirrors dimmed. In fact, I remember having to cap off the extra set of wires on the drivers side when I installed my signal mirrors. I am pretty sure all the passenger side mirrors are just standard mirrors?
This is the way it was in 01 Driver's side and inside rearview were auto dimming.
DarthAWM is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2009, 02:20 AM   #47
Choreo
DC Crew

Member #56229

My Corvette(s)
2001 Coupe

Quote:
Well if you think it is 1:28 am there a Louisville, then you may have bigger issues than me!
:
Junkman, I was wrong about the posting time thing. I just upgraded one of my computers recently and made the assumption that it set my laptop clock correctly - not so - so I thought you were crazy!

Actually, the new Apple OS did set the correct time - just put me somewhere in the Pacific ocean as a location? So this explains why have have been running a couple hours early for the past two weeks!
Choreo is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2009, 03:35 AM   #48
01TexasC5
DC Crew

Member #54930

My Corvette(s)
68 big block Corvette *sold*, 81 2 tone Corvette *sold*, 2001 Corvette C5

Man... you guys are drivin me NuTzZ!
01TexasC5 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2001 Pewter A4 Coupe. KOOK's 1 7/8" Long tube headers, X1 cam kit, Manley hardened pushrods, port and polished stage II heads from MTI. Yank 3800 rpm stall converter, X-pipe, Corsa high flow cats, Corsa Indy exhaust, mufflers and Corsa Pro tips, SLP Blackwing, MSD plug wires. Engine work w/ warranty at MTI of Houston.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:30 AM   #49
Junkman2008
Premium Member

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Quote:
Junkman, I was wrong about the posting time thing. I just upgraded one of my computers recently and made the assumption that it set my laptop clock correctly - not so - so I thought you were crazy!

Actually, the new Apple OS did set the correct time - just put me somewhere in the Pacific ocean as a location? So this explains why have have been running a couple hours early for the past two weeks!

A Mac having issues? Say it isn't so!
Junkman2008 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 06-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #50
RTGordon

Member #22113

My Corvette(s)
These tights make my butt look big.

So, to anyone who's had this issue, do your rear turn signals flash quickly when it happens or not? I have this problem intermittently. The left front turn signal flashes (fast), but the left rear including tail lights do not flash at all. I haven't had time to troubleshoot, but I would assume this means I have a rear bulb out. Any thoughts?
RTGordon is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2000 Pewter/Black Coupe, gone.
1974 Blue/Silver Coupe, gone.
1982 Gold Coupe, gone.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:25 PM   #51
Junkman2008
Premium Member

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTGordon View Post
So, to anyone who's had this issue, do your rear turn signals flash quickly when it happens or not? I have this problem intermittently. The left front turn signal flashes (fast), but the left rear including tail lights do not flash at all. I haven't had time to troubleshoot, but I would assume this means I have a rear bulb out. Any thoughts?
I would assume the same. So have you checked them all out yet? Replacing bulbs is easy on a C5.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:39 AM   #52
RTGordon

Member #22113

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
I would assume the same. So have you checked them all out yet? Replacing bulbs is easy on a C5.
Haven't pulled them yet. I figure I'll do it on my lunch break today. I should have brought a floor jack to work with me to make getting to that sucker easier.
1982 Gold Coupe, gone.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:05 PM   #53
RTGordon

Member #22113

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Haven't pulled them yet. I figure I'll do it on my lunch break today. I should have brought a floor jack to work with me to make getting to that sucker easier.
Finally got around to troubleshooting this thing. I checked all the bulbs and no sign of corrosion or water infiltration. Replaced the (drivers side) bulbs, essentially because I already had them. Plugged the battery back in and no change. If there was a problem with the hazard button like others have encountered, I would expect both turn signals to hyperflash or not work. I'm not sure why it is one side and not the other if it's not a burnt bulb or water. I guess at this point all I can do is test all the wires and sockets for continuity. If the flasher was bad, that should affect both sides too. Anyone got a thought on this one?
1982 Gold Coupe, gone.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #54
Junkman2008
Premium Member

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Finally got around to troubleshooting this thing. I checked all the bulbs and no sign of corrosion or water infiltration. Replaced the (drivers side) bulbs, essentially because I already had them. Plugged the battery back in and no change. If there was a problem with the hazard button like others have encountered, I would expect both turn signals to hyperflash or not work. I'm not sure why it is one side and not the other if it's not a burnt bulb or water. I guess at this point all I can do is test all the wires and sockets for continuity. If the flasher was bad, that should affect both sides too. Anyone got a thought on this one?
The hazard switch mainly affects the issue when your turn signal doesn't, not hyperflash. Hyperflash happens when a bulb is blown, and it doesn't necessarily have to be the bulb you're looking at. It could be one of the tail light bulbs. Thus, you need to check all the bulbs on the side of the car where the hyperflash is happening. That means the front and back of the car.

Now here's the monkey wrench in that answer. Hyperflash will also happen if the car detects a loss in voltage within the circuit. Normally that is a blown bulb but it can also happen when you install a low voltage bulb like a LED. One thing to keep in mind while checking the bulbs is that the front and rear have dual-element bulbs in them, so you must ensure that both elements are working.

To do so, turn on the parking lights and make sure all the lights are on. Next, turn on the turn signal and make sure that all of the dual-element bulbs are flashing.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:57 AM   #55
RTGordon

Member #22113

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
The hazard switch mainly affects the issue when your turn signal doesn't, not hyperflash. Hyperflash happens when a bulb is blown, and it doesn't necessarily have to be the bulb you're looking at. It could be one of the tail light bulbs. Thus, you need to check all the bulbs on the side of the car where the hyperflash is happening. That means the front and back of the car.

Now here's the monkey wrench in that answer. Hyperflash will also happen if the car detects a loss in voltage within the circuit. Normally that is a blown bulb but it can also happen when you install a low voltage bulb like a LED. One thing to keep in mind while checking the bulbs is that the front and rear have dual-element bulbs in them, so you must ensure that both elements are working.

To do so, turn on the parking lights and make sure all the lights are on. Next, turn on the turn signal and make sure that all of the dual-element bulbs are flashing.
That's the strange part; I've checked and/or replaced all the bulbs on the drivers side, including the tail lights. I did a continuity check when I got home last night on everything, re-inspected all the sockets, and have yet to find a problem. They only thing I can think of is a contact in the stalk or something of that nature. It's such a simple circuit, so I'm doubly frustrated that I can't diagnose it.
1982 Gold Coupe, gone.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:44 AM   #56
Junkman2008
Premium Member

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
That's the strange part; I've checked and/or replaced all the bulbs on the drivers side, including the tail lights. I did a continuity check when I got home last night on everything, re-inspected all the sockets, and have yet to find a problem. They only thing I can think of is a contact in the stalk or something of that nature. It's such a simple circuit, so I'm doubly frustrated that I can't diagnose it.
Reseat all of the bulbs. I had a problem once where a bulb was not fully seated.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #57
RTGordon

Member #22113

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Reseat all of the bulbs. I had a problem once where a bulb was not fully seated.
Reseated them all and reinspected the sockets; no corrosion whatsoever; no cracks. I still have the same condition. I played with the hazard button a little bit and managed to get both turn signals to stop working for a moment, so I know I need to do the bypass. I still can't figure out why one side works fine and the other is hyperflashing. I can't find a problem with any of the bulbs. The only ones I haven't replaced are the tail lights, but they look just fine. Besides, they work when using the hazard button. It still makes no sense that the front bulb hyperflashes and the tail lights and rear sidemarker do NOTHING.
1982 Gold Coupe, gone.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #58
jmaal13
DC Crew

Member #39741

My Corvette(s)
TORCH RED C5

Before I added the harness, only one side would hyperflash.
jmaal13 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
My C5 is torch red, with that being said:
TORCH EM
Old 07-02-2009, 02:20 PM   #59
RTGordon

Member #22113

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaal13 View Post
Before I added the harness, only one side would hyperflash.
But you had installed some LED's, right?
1982 Gold Coupe, gone.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #60
jmaal13
DC Crew

Member #39741

My Corvette(s)
TORCH RED C5

Yes, are you having this problem with all oem bulbs?
jmaal13 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
My C5 is torch red, with that being said:
TORCH EM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in