C5 Secrets - Page 5 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C5 Corvette Forums > C5 Corvette - General Discussion
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

C5 Corvette - General Discussion General | Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Other sections:
Corvettes Classifieds
Corvette Detailing & Car Care
Corvette Audio/Video/Radar
General Automotive/Shop/Tools
Corvette Performance Driving/Racing

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com
Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 09:10 PM   #61
Spiderpat
Web Head

Member #39596

My Corvette(s)
04 Z06 aka The Black Widow

You all are welcome

You should all send Raidmagic a nice thankyou email to [email protected]
Spiderpat is offline   Quick reply to this message
My Black Widow

Most of my patients survive no matter what I do to them
The Following User Says Thank You to Spiderpat For This Useful Post:
ALZ (08-24-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2008, 09:20 PM   #62
BASSIST
DC Crew

Member #32754

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderpat View Post
You all are welcome

You should all send Raidmagic a nice thankyou email to [email protected]
BASSIST is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to BASSIST For This Useful Post:
ALZ (08-24-2015)
Old 01-06-2009, 06:40 PM   #63
mela
DC Crew

Member #79279

My Corvette(s)
2002 c5 convertible

Problem with the trunk lid on a C5 2002 Convertible.

Problem with the trunk lid on a C5 2002 Convertible.

The trunk lid will release and slightly pop up .
I am unable to lift the trunk lid with my fingers because it does not pop up enough.
The original owner , when I bought the vehicle last week, told me that he had this problem before and still had it after a Chevy dealer adjusted it back in 2005
The only way, currently, you can get the trunk lid up is to slam the door then the trunk lid because of the pressure pops up enough to open it.
There must be a fix for this problem .
Need assistance .
Thanks,
Your friend,
Mel
email [email protected]
mela is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 04:26 AM   #64
flaagan
DC Crew

Member #79170

My Corvette(s)
2001 Quicksilver 'vert

Hope posting a link to a different forum isn't against the rules, but this *has* to be shared for people like Mela.

I just did this fix myself and it works.

Simple fix for C5 trunk pop height.
flaagan is offline   Quick reply to this message
Live to drive.
The Following User Says Thank You to flaagan For This Useful Post:
ALZ (08-24-2015)
Old 08-31-2009, 10:33 AM   #65
Randypalooza

Member #89539

My Corvette(s)
My Vettes: C3 (1977) & C5 (2004 Official Bondurant Street/Racer)

All Great "secrets" and great info to know. I knew most of it, but the codes are huge help. Thank you all!
Randypalooza is offline   Quick reply to this message
C3 (1977) - MOSTLY STOCK IN WHICH I HAVE BEEN SLOWLY REPLACING AND RESTORING AS CLOSE TO STOCK AS POSSIBLE.

C5 (2004 Official Bondurant Street/Racer) - THE MODS INCLUDE A HARNESS BAR, HALON FIRE SYSTEM, 4 POINT SIMPSON RACE HARNESSES W/ CAM LOCKS, RON DAVIS ALUMINUM RADIATOR, BORLA CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM, Z06 BRAKE COOLING DUCTS FOR THE FRONT & REAR BRAKES, TRANSMISSION COOLER, DIFFERENTIAL COOLER, POWER STEERING COOLER, HIGH PERFORMANCE SPRINGS, PERFORMANCE FRICTION BRAKE PADS, HALLTECH VENOM INTAKE, B&M SHIFTER, BLACKOUT KIT, AND A FEW OTHER ODDS AND ENDS I AM SURE I FORGOT TO LIST.
The Following User Says Thank You to Randypalooza For This Useful Post:
ALZ (08-24-2015)
Old 08-20-2015, 05:59 PM   #66
ALZ
DC Crew

Member #124993

My Corvette(s)
C-5 TARGA 6 SPD

thanks

now this thread kicks ass , so i live in s florida = i blow drl's all the time , pullled fuse #2 under the hood there now out , one thing is a lil wierd i pulled a b 2482 hc code ? , reverse lights ? ok i will ck it out , in florida anytime you back up nobody cares , they drive crazy down here , this threads gonna save me alot , those bulbs get super hot , yea right above a duct , that doesnt make sense inmho , seems the seals on those ducts aint so great ? now they will stay nice and cold , thanks guys , i also did up the tps sensor last night ! yea , drives great all night , this moring , and tonight , still after disconnecting battery the a/c is messed up , i pulled fuse #27 waited a minute or 2 , key in , that didnt work ! proply needs freon ? al

Last edited by ALZ; 08-20-2015 at 07:33 PM.
ALZ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2015, 07:30 PM   #67
ALZ
DC Crew

Member #124993

My Corvette(s)
C-5 TARGA 6 SPD

great news

ok so now the bulbs stay cold ! they work as directional lights , even better i started it up , shifted into reverse and the rear lights do go on ! sweet , so if your blowing front bulbs , like i did , so damm much dues to all the rain in s florida , pull fuse 2 end it , they get so hot , stupid imho , plus onboard turning off on mine never worked ! ever ,,,, , thanks so much , almost back , last part is my a/c as always ! , i hope my bro fixes it like weve done so many times , i love my corvette , this place rules , c ya , alz
Old 08-20-2015, 08:48 PM   #68
Junkman2008
Premium Member

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALZ View Post
ok so now the bulbs stay cold ! they work as directional lights , even better i started it up , shifted into reverse and the rear lights do go on ! sweet , so if your blowing front bulbs , like i did , so damm much dues to all the rain in s florida , pull fuse 2 end it , they get so hot , stupid imho , plus onboard turning off on mine never worked ! ever ,,,, , thanks so much , almost back , last part is my a/c as always ! , i hope my bro fixes it like weve done so many times , i love my corvette , this place rules , c ya , alz
Or, instead of Jerry rigging things, replace your DRL lenses and water won't get inside them, which blows the bulb. Common issue, which I describe and show the solution to in my headlight gear replacement thread.

By the way, do you realize that this thread is like 7 years old?
Junkman2008 is offline   Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
The Following User Says Thank You to Junkman2008 For This Useful Post:
ALZ (08-21-2015)
Old 08-21-2015, 05:48 PM   #69
ALZ
DC Crew

Member #124993

My Corvette(s)
C-5 TARGA 6 SPD

Thumbs up! Thanks god , and all of you !

yes i do , this thread should be stickered up top forever , now the a/c is back to ice cold , did need freon , and i pulled the #27 fuse a few times , finally as if by god , i had used tape to close off the a/c drivers door , drove 20 miles , stopped to get some stuff , got in , and walla the a/c on its own goes on ? , im like ok ? , then i notice its getting colder and colder , i feel under the tape cold ! its cold , i rip off the tape , then slowly dial it back to 65 , as im driving it gets super cold , both sides again , i feel blessed , thanks to all of you , i wish you all the best always , this is the best forum in the WORLD ! , have a great weekend all , you all really do care , staying cool in s.fl , , al
Old 08-21-2015, 09:10 PM   #70
Junkman2008
Premium Member

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

In a few pf my AC Threads, I give the procedure for resetting the actuators, which would have resolved your issue if you had a calibration problem. Word to the wise, blindly adding R-134a to your system without knowing how much is already in there AND how much you are adding can really screw up your AC system.
ALZ (08-23-2015)
Old 08-23-2015, 10:37 AM   #71
ALZ
DC Crew

Member #124993

My Corvette(s)
C-5 TARGA 6 SPD

yes

yes , i have read alot of your threads , and i love your video's , a.j. i belive you said your name is , thanks so much , i cant call a guy like you JUNKMAN , you have saved me so much cash , plus my car , man thanks so much , to all the members here THANKS , i bought my c-5 nov 2001 , at the time i didnt have my now 11 year old son , he loves my corvette , but i didnt see the future ?, i also didnt see the usa economy screwing up , i never thought ide be working on this car ever ! , thats why i traded mu 1969 firebird , by the way on any corvette up till 1980 ? i belive i can do most of the work , but the c-5 is so much more , i cant even belive how hardcore hard alot of this is , my back hurts from just the stuff i did , i am getting older = stuff is harder for me to do ! , i am 50 years old now , but i feel 100 sometimes , these codes , and instructions saved me alot ! , i see the love of thec-5 corvettes , i love the pop up headlights ! bet they bring them back again ? , anyways thanks , have a great one , o yea my a/c guy is the same guy that installed the new a/c 2 years or so ago !
big questin guys , they now sell freon w/sealant ? i belive i may have a leak ? slow but there ?
is the sealant a/c save for corvette ? i bet alot of us wanna know ? i do ! i would not be the one doing it , my a/c bro would ! if its safe ? i wonder ?, al
Old 08-23-2015, 02:29 PM   #72
Junkman2008
Premium Member

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

I would NEVER put that stuff in my system. I would just fix the leak. There's only a couple places that normally leak so finding it should be easy. I'm 52 and out of shape as hell even if I don't look like it. Installed some security cameras at business last week and my arms are still sore from moving a 2-story ladder around all night long.
ALZ (08-24-2015)
Old 08-24-2015, 05:35 PM   #73
ALZ
DC Crew

Member #124993

My Corvette(s)
C-5 TARGA 6 SPD

ok

ok so you think the sealant in the new freon is a bad idea ? i kinda thought so ? , I of course had hoped you would have said yeah use it ! , its to bad , cause i dont have the time or knowlege to even try fixing that issuie ? darn i wish you lived nerar me man ! YOU are really a very cool bro , and your advise is priceless , thanks a.j. , so ya ever come to s.florida , anyone near you must be so lucky ?, if you helped them ! , man you always do tell it like it is , i respect that , o and as for the drl's i always hated those stupid hot ass bulbs, i dont wanna em on bro ! so glad pulling fuse 2 cut em off forever ! , i dont need them , or need, or want them on ! ever ! , i always see c-5's with 1 out ! , i always try to tell them to see your video to fix it easy , but man my hands hurt from changing them , plus i dont need them ! , as directional's yes i do !
TO BAD the froen w/sealant is a no go ! damm , i wanted to do it ! . it was low by the way , the dude that does my a/c knows whats up , he also installed the new unit 2 years ago ! , if the sealant does ever work , please let me know , ide buy whatever you say would work , for now 2 times a year i pay $40 bucks , and were ice cold ! thanks to you all ! , al
Old 08-24-2015, 06:07 PM   #74
Junkman2008
Premium Member

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

The problem with allowing your R-134a to constantly get low from leaking is that you risk damaging other parts of your AC system. The R-134a acts as a lubricant along with making the air cold. Running low on R-134a is not good for your compressor. If it gets low enough, the compressor won't even tun. That's by design. Also, the system has oil in it and if it is leaking R-134a, then it is leaking oil too. Are you replacing the leaking oil? Do you have any idea how much oil has leaked out? Do you realize that the oil is just as important to the system as the R-134a? Do you even have a clue how to measure the amount of oil in the system? Eventually, your leak is going to turn into a catastrophic failure where you are going to be replacing the orifice, compressor and dryer, after you have flushed the entire system clean. That's a lot more work than just replacing a leaky O-ring, which could easily be your only issue.

When I was younger, I use to do things like you; do a band-aid fix instead of addressing and fixing the root issue. After ending up paying 3 times what it would have cost to address the original issue enough times, I learned the value of addressing my problems in a much more timely manner. In the long run, the repairs paid for themselves because I didn't end up with a repair that cost a ton more and often left me without my wheels.

Experience is a bitch of a teacher. I try and avoid her ass at all cost.
ALZ (08-24-2015)
Old 11-09-2015, 06:08 PM   #75
Tjdavis69
DC Crew

Member #161650

Hello all! Just bought a 2002 over the weekend. Now for some reason I get a loud electronic whale sound with motor running or not. Seems to activate when opening a door or turning on interior lights, etc. Any idea what might be the source? Thx.
Tjdavis69 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in