Jealousy - Page 2 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C5 Corvette Forums > C5 Corvette - General Discussion
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

C5 Corvette - General Discussion General | Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Other sections:
Corvettes Classifieds
Corvette Detailing & Car Care
Corvette Audio/Video/Radar
General Automotive/Shop/Tools
Corvette Performance Driving/Racing

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 03-20-2007, 09:40 PM   #16
SimpleLT
DC Crew

Member #50245

My Corvette(s)
'02 EB Vette

There's a wicked CTS-V in my town. Just a few days ago I was at a redlight and saw his car about two cars back, launched just enough to chirp my tires before getting in a turning lane 1/2 a mile down the road for my apartment and he came scooting by and pegged 7k easy. Great sound, made me jealous.
SimpleLT is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Current Ride: '02 Electron Blue Vette
Previous Rides: '95 Admiral Blue Vette (1 of 1,006) - '97 Cammed and Juiced Trans Am
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2007, 09:47 PM   #17
FOSSA

Member #52938

When asked to light them up. I ask to see the rack. No rack no rubber.
FOSSA is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2007, 09:58 PM   #18
extanker
DC Crew

Member #52932

My Corvette(s)
01 coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svt Cobra View Post
How many of you experience jealousy while your driving your vette around town ? I receive some nice stares and then their are the jealous looks that you get. Some even had the nerve to put me down with derogatory comments and such. Any of this happen to you guys?
no .because i dont know a jealouse look. what derogatory remarks are they saying .why are you looking at them,maybe they think your snubbing them. todays mentality it doesnt pay to make eye contact on the road
extanker is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2007, 10:35 PM   #19
RSCAR

Member #31674

I must respectfully disagree xtnkr. I don't subscribe to the theory of avoiding eye contact= avoiding confrontation. Not with nasty dogs or people, and they are very similar. Obviously your opinion differs from mine and I respect that, however I think that purposely avoiding eye contact gives the impression of submission and that = weakness. With people, I maintain eye contact. I'm not confrontational or challenging, but I show no sign of fear or submission. As to agressive dogs....forget it I transfix their eyes and dominate them case closed. Also know, I am NEVER unarmed.
RSCAR is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2007, 11:07 PM   #20
twins0203
DC Crew

Member #36313

My Corvette(s)
2004 Millenium Yellow Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterC6 View Post
The corvette makes for a great friend filter, sifts out all the users/ mooches.

So very true. I've noticed a huge difference in my friends since buying my Z06. Best to go ahead and let the Vette get that out of the way early on w/ people. True friends should be happy for you when you're finally able to get what you've always wanted, not envious.

I get alot of looks around here, quite a bit of the "daddy's car" shit, which gets very old quick since I bought the car on my own. The older crowd seems impressed since I'm just 22 and always compliments the car.

But yeah, the car is soo worth it all.
twins0203 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2007, 11:32 PM   #21
Envy987

Member #56239

I get alot of bad stares from people, probably because im 19 and driving a vette. Most people assume its my parents, but i show them my insurance and everything that its in my name then they seem jealous. its not all bad tho, and ive never gotten a bad stare from a lady while im in it. being 19 and owning a vette, when it comes to women the possibilities are endless.
Envy987 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2007, 12:02 AM   #22
Svt Cobra

Member #19655

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSCAR View Post
I must respectfully disagree xtnkr. I don't subscribe to the theory of avoiding eye contact= avoiding confrontation. Not with nasty dogs or people, and they are very similar. Obviously your opinion differs from mine and I respect that, however I think that purposely avoiding eye contact gives the impression of submission and that = weakness. With people, I maintain eye contact. I'm not confrontational or challenging, but I show no sign of fear or submission. As to agressive dogs....forget it I transfix their eyes and dominate them case closed. Also know, I am NEVER unarmed.
Svt Cobra is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2007, 12:22 AM   #23
IPJ

Member #52977

Interesting Comments So Here's Mine. Most Everyone, Friend And Stranger, Are Very Polite And Complementary About My Vette. In Fact Just Today When I Stopped At A Drive In For A Burger Two Young Guys Told Me How Great My Vette Looked (again Thanks To Adam). We Had A Good Conversation Til The Burgers Came. It Could Be My Age (70) But I Don't Think So. I Had More Problems When My Wife Had A Mb. That Hood Emblem Seemed To Attract Every Kid That Just Had To Have One Til I Finally Got Her A Removable One. It Was A Big Hassel For Her To Remember To Remove It Til She Had To Buy The 2nd One At About $100. Thank Goodness She Wanted A Bmw After That. Btw Even Though I'm The Most Friendly Guy In The World My Weapons Of Choise For Carry Is A Colt .45 Officer Model Under The Arm. Back Up Is A Colt Detective .38 Special With Personel Ammo Around The Ankle. These Are For Bad Guys And Mad Dogs Who Can Change Your Life In The Blink Of An Eye Not For The General Public. As For Anyone That Carries, Keep Your Ducks In Order And Up To Date, Practice Daily And Stay Alert!!! Hope You Find My Coments As Interesting As I Did Yours.
IPJ is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2007, 12:31 AM   #24
extanker
DC Crew

Member #52932

My Corvette(s)
01 coup

boy do we need more gun laws and mental check ups.thank god NJ wont let armed out of staters in.
extanker is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2007, 12:43 AM   #25
ZexZo6
DC Crew

Member #52327

My Corvette(s)
2001 Z06 >>> 1975 Stingray (Sold)

Has anyone here ever picked up a girl because of their car??? Because it has never helped me one bit. It usually acts like kryptonite. I would always ride around with a friend when I was single trying to pull some A$$, and not once. Finally I talked with one of my friends girfriends crew (Of Girls) and they said that if they seen me riding around or at a red light they wouldn't even look of give me the time of day because they would just assume that I would think that I am better than they are. I couldn't believe that, but then think of it the other way. If you seen a girl in mercedes, lambo, viper, ferrari, you would think they wouldn't give you the time of day either. I guess it just makes for an awkward situation. All though there are some cercumstances where a girl might talk to you, but I am still waiting for it, and not to sound stuck up or full of it. I am not that bad looking or ugly........or maybe I am
ZexZo6 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
ATI Procharger Twin Intercooled System(Air to Air), Zex Direct Port Nitrous(Activated with a MSD Digital Window Switch and Zex WOT Switch),90mm Fast LSX Intake Manifold,TPIS 90mm Throttle Body,Custom Comp Cam,Ecklers Brand Jet Hot Coated Long Tube Headers w/High Flow Cats,Borla Straight Pipe Rear Exhaust,Custom Computer Tuning By RPM, 58lb Fuel Injectors, Upgraded Fuel System, Hurst Quick Shift Kit,Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch and Fidanza LW Flywheel Sitting on standby,Custom Dual Purge(Snow Machine),lots of other Misc. Zex Components and little things.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:31 AM   #26
Svt Cobra

Member #19655

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZexZo6 View Post
Has anyone here ever picked up a girl because of their car??? Because it has never helped me one bit. It usually acts like kryptonite. I would always ride around with a friend when I was single trying to pull some A$$, and not once. Finally I talked with one of my friends girfriends crew (Of Girls) and they said that if they seen me riding around or at a red light they wouldn't even look of give me the time of day because they would just assume that I would think that I am better than they are. I couldn't believe that, but then think of it the other way. If you seen a girl in mercedes, lambo, viper, ferrari, you would think they wouldn't give you the time of day either. I guess it just makes for an awkward situation. All though there are some cercumstances where a girl might talk to you, but I am still waiting for it, and not to sound stuck up or full of it. I am not that bad looking or ugly........or maybe I am
Very good observation bro. Same here too, they'll look but they wont even bother with me probably for that exact same reason .
Svt Cobra is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2007, 08:31 PM   #27
RSCAR

Member #31674

extankr,
you are a JOKE. You think more gun laws will stop gun crime? What a laugh. That will only stop law abiding people from protecting themselves. Perish the thought that we don't have McGreevy to protect us while he was using our Jersey taxpayer money to support his boyfriend in the next office. Oh and we don't let armed out of staters in Jersey...what the DSP has road blocks at the borders? Monty Hall should be the Gov of NJ, then at least the cards would be on the table. For your information, handguns purchased legally while a resident of another state are not only allowed in Jersey but REGISTRATION is VOLUNTARY.

You show that what, Cal 30 M37 in your trunk on a milk crate, again you are a joke, who are you trying to impress? An anti 2nd Amndt person who brags about the secondary weapon that he had access to when the Govt paid for it, big deal! Take you and your fastest car just around the corner to Camden, you'll be lucky to come home with your pants on. Make sure you show the bros the DEWAT 50 cal.

Perfect NJ attitude, you, lautenberg and hilary should go the the nearest carpet store and munch some lunch (don't forget to bring a napkin).

Oh and your super fast car that will pull anyone regardless of what happens at the starting line......meet me at Englishtown or Atco this late summer or early fall. In another post you said you are a bit older and rich.....well that's just my game. You said you car will pull anybody once you hook up, bring cash and your car and make sure you don't make any eye contact
RSCAR is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2007, 09:24 PM   #28
SinisterC6
Caution: Car melts in Rain

Member #48952

My Corvette(s)
shhh Its a secret

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZexZo6 View Post
Me neither, I read some of you getting flashes, must be dang nice, hopefully this summer will be more prosperous with the female species.
My dream - a hot blonde driving a vette in a bikini, Ill buy the ring that day...
SinisterC6 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2007, 09:35 PM   #29
92lt1
DC Crew

Member #14122

My Corvette(s)
1992 black rose convertible(sold but not forgotten) and 06 LMB convertible paddleshift

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterC6 View Post
Me neither, I read some of you getting flashes, must be dang nice, hopefully this summer will be more prosperous with the female species.
My dream - a hot blonde driving a vette in a bikini, Ill buy the ring that day...

And just as soon as you hit the road you can kiss half of the vette goodbye....J/K...
92lt1 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2007, 09:43 PM   #30
VetteMike
DC Crew

Member #11067

My Corvette(s)
1972 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSCAR View Post
extankr,
you are a JOKE. You think more gun laws will stop gun crime? What a laugh. That will only stop law abiding people from protecting themselves. Perish the thought that we don't have McGreevy to protect us while he was using our Jersey taxpayer money to support his boyfriend in the next office. Oh and we don't let armed out of staters in Jersey...what the DSP has road blocks at the borders? Monty Hall should be the Gov of NJ, then at least the cards would be on the table. For your information, handguns purchased legally while a resident of another state are not only allowed in Jersey but REGISTRATION is VOLUNTARY.

You show that what, Cal 30 M37 in your trunk on a milk crate, again you are a joke, who are you trying to impress? An anti 2nd Amndt person who brags about the secondary weapon that he had access to when the Govt paid for it, big deal! Take you and your fastest car just around the corner to Camden, you'll be lucky to come home with your pants on. Make sure you show the bros the DEWAT 50 cal.

Perfect NJ attitude, you, lautenberg and hilary should go the the nearest carpet store and munch some lunch (don't forget to bring a napkin).
VetteMike is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I think it's time for another beer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in