Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Out with the old tech - in with the new

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  slofut 
#1 ·
Just finished installation of a Ridetech coil-over system and Wilwood brake upgrade on my 77. I removed a VB&P Performance Plus System that I bought and installed years ago but had never actually had on the road. I had decided I wanted to get additional rear tire rubber on the road and by the time I changed the components needed to accomplish that (trailing arm mods, shortened spring, sway bar mods, etc.) I decided I would just move on and up to the Ridetech system. Installation was straight forward and really "cleans" up the rear end. Also upgraded the brakes to Wilwood 6 piston, 13" 2 piece rotors, and new wheel hub made for the Ridetech spindles, on the front and 4 piston rears.

My car is going to Custom Image Corvettes in the spring for 2" rear flares and paint.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: MR BRNS C6
#5 ·
Nice work, keep us posted!

I have a question about your coil overs on the front. Are those also from Ridetech? If you get a chance, how about a couple of pics showing the mounting of the top and bottom of the shock? Are your headers off the shelf or did you custom make them?

Very clean work, I like!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

#6 ·
Yes, the front-end is also Ridetech - the package contained front upper and lower control arms, new tall spindles (helping to add additional negative camber), billet steering arms, inner & outer tie rods, HQ series coil-overs (monotube) which have adjustable rebound/dampening (24 settings) 575 lb springs, and a front "MuscleBar" (sway bar). Only mod required for installation is enlarging the hole for the upper end of the front shocks to .750".

Melrose LSx swap headers, which I bought un-coated nervous about the fit, but they fit great. My LS is located 11/16 forward of the original SBC bell housing position but clearance doesn't look to be an issue even assuming an inch or so either direction.

I had these pics but if you want something with greater detail let me know.

Attachments

#8 ·
Yes, the front-end is also Ridetech - the package contained front upper and lower control arms, new tall spindles (helping to add additional negative camber), billet steering arms, inner & outer tie rods, HQ series coil-overs (monotube) which have adjustable rebound/dampening (24 settings) 575 lb springs, and a front "MuscleBar" (sway bar). Only mod required for installation is enlarging the hole for the upper end of the front shocks to .750".

Melrose LSx swap headers, which I bought un-coated nervous about the fit, but they fit great. My LS is located 11/16 forward of the original SBC bell housing position but clearance doesn't look to be an issue even assuming an inch or so either direction.

I had these pics but if you want something with greater detail let me know.

Thanks for the pics, got me to thinking!

#9 ·
Brent - I hope so but I'm sure it will depend somewhat on how early in the spring I can get it in at CIC for some of Josh's magic.

John, with me as soon as something "starts" me thinking it usually costs me money... Brent has the Ridetech and was singing it's praises (upgraded from a VB&P suspension like mine) but I wasn't thinking of going as big on tires, etc., etc. as Brent's ride so I wasn't really there. But, then another friend put it on his basically stock 69 and loves it so ... I know I could have replaced some of the VB&P parts on the rear to allow the bigger meats for way less money but I really love what the Ridetech offers all around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.