Holy crap, it's -=Jeff=-! Where the hell you been mang - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 11-11-2013, 06:11 AM   #1
-=Jeff=-
El Teafive

Member #2

My Corvette(s)
1990 ZR-1 #1051

Holy crap, it's -=Jeff=-! Where the hell you been mang

I have not been on here is a long while and when I posted in Matt383ís thread I saw these replies after I posted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Holy crap, it's -=Jeff=-! Where the hell you been mang?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Torch View Post
Hey Budro, how they hangin'?
So where have I been? BusyÖ
I have been a bit burnt out on the forums, I do try to visit DC and CF and guru but donít post as much.. On the corvette side I main can be found of the ZR-1 Registry Forum.. I canít remember the last update I posted here as to my car, but I have changed the interior a bit, bought a new Headunit, I have new repro 49th street rockers coming for it, have a set of rear brakes to install..

94-96 style hush panel:

Added Pioneer App Radio 2

Last time I saw Junkman was Bloomington Gold 2010 (maybe on the Thursday of the 2011 show) but in 2011 I was at Scout camp with my son, 2012 I was in Florida.. 2013 I went Friday for the day and did not see many people I knew. I have been going to more cruise nights and local shows as I can although this year I got to 3 I think maybe 4, last year I got to more it seems

Right now, my kids seem to take up a lot of my time, My daughter is now 8 and my son is 11. While my wife does the dance and Girl Scout things with my daughter, I assistant coach her soccer team this is my second year with her team as assistant. She does recreation only, no travel but it keeps me busy. I coached my sonís team for the last 2 years Assistant then head coach, also Soccer, but he retired from that this year. His new activity that he enjoys is swimming.. this started on a recreation team in the summer but he is on a club/travel team so practice is Mon-Fri in the evening and Sunday morning. So I spend a lot of time watching him swim laps.. Approx 2000-2500 yards per day.
He has also finishing cub scouts; I am his Den leader and Cubmaster. I also run his packís Pinewood Derby. He is a Webelos II and has just made super achiever and has completed all the activity pins as well as completed all the requirements for Arrow of Light. I am quite proud of him and looking forward to him moving on to Boys Scouts and for me to take a short break from the leadership role so he can feel more comfortable with the scout in his new patrol and the idea that I will not always be at his side.

SO that is where I have been mostly
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
-=Jeff=-
1990 ZR-1 #1051
NCM Lifetime Member #978

Useful Links: C4 Tech info|C3 Tech Info|Adam's Polishes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2013, 06:36 AM   #2
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Thanked 1,124 Times in 810 Posts
Welocme back, Jeff! Your description of life is exactly why it was 28 years between my second and third Corvettes. Sounds like you love being with your kids. Good for you! Building a relationship with them and raising them to be good people is the most important thing you will ever do.
Texdentist is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #3
The Dude
DC Crew

Member #120318

My Corvette(s)
In limbo....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
Welocme back, Jeff! Your description of life is exactly why it was 28 years between my second and third Corvettes. Sounds like you love being with your kids. Good for you! Building a relationship with them and raising them to be good people is the most important thing you will ever do.

God, family, then Vette. I have always said I would sell that thing if it ever brought a frown to my wifes face. Luckily for me she loves it too.

My kids are all teenage drivers or grown and moved out and one married. I have 5 kids and the only girl is getting married in April.

So I know what you are talking about. Glad your back especially since I am relatively new and can meet you for the first time.
The Dude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Rock on!
No...I can't spell...I'm a RedNeck!
Old 11-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Jeff done went and got a life and moved to the upper east side!

Man, keep on keepin' on! Family is a precious thing and you definitely want to do it right the first time. Thanks for letting us in on the happenings in your life and know that a seat at the DC table is always reserved for you whenever you drop in. We will need to hook up again in the future, just to get our grub on.
Junkman2008 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 11-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #5
Matt383
DC Crew

Member #352
Location: 2003 Points Champ Great Lakes Corvette Challange;2006, 2007,2008 & 2010 class winner NMCA True Street

Jeff,

Thanks for stopping by my house Friday, I wish we had more time to talk.

I understand the life issues and corvette ownership. As you know my car took way too much time and money and became less fun and more of a burden and drain.

I have no kids but I take care of my dementia Mom now and I swear it's just like having kids except she gets worse with time not better.

I have been building a radio station as well and we go on the air in December. The 354' tower was completed last week.

So between my mom, my wife, the station, my work, I cannot have that kind of car anymore.

seems like yesterday when Patrick, you, me, bubblehead, ZR don were at some race track when Patrick said that he was going to start his own corvette site.

Anyway, good seeing you. We should try to have a Brat Stop spring thaw again in February.

Talk soon.

Matt
Matt383 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #6
-=Jeff=-
El Teafive

Member #2

My Corvette(s)
1990 ZR-1 #1051

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt383 View Post
Jeff,

I have been building a radio station as well and we go on the air in December. The 354' tower was completed last week.

Talk soon.

Matt
What kind of music/station will it be? What frequency and what areas will get it?

Sounds like fun
-=Jeff=-
1990 ZR-1 #1051
NCM Lifetime Member #978

Old 11-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #7
Matt383
DC Crew

Member #352
Location: 2003 Points Champ Great Lakes Corvette Challange;2006, 2007,2008 & 2010 class winner NMCA True Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
What kind of music/station will it be? What frequency and what areas will get it?

Sounds like fun

PM sent
Matt383 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #8
raidmagic
DC Crew

Member #1067

My Corvette(s)
Rare 1987 bright red

Good to hear from you -=Jeff=-!!!!!

Up know all about the kids taking up your time. Tons of fun. The main reason my car tends to sit so much. Keep in touch.
raidmagic is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sampson 9/22/97-1/1/05
Old 11-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #9
KennyGS
DC Crew

Member #105698

My Corvette(s)
2010 Grand Sport

Great pics, beautiful looking Corvette. Well done!
KennyGS is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2013, 08:30 PM   #10
-=Jeff=-
El Teafive

Member #2

My Corvette(s)
1990 ZR-1 #1051

You know, ther was another big thing that happened..

I changed jobs in August and work for a compnay with less then 100 people which is different then the bigger ompanies I have been at.

I have gone rom working within a company to being a system integrator that goes into companies to help solve problems

so far it has been cool and I do like it
-=Jeff=-
1990 ZR-1 #1051
NCM Lifetime Member #978

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in