Drawing The Line - Page 7 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 12-14-2018, 10:47 PM   #91
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Maniacmechanic1 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2018, 10:48 PM   #92
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Old 12-15-2018, 07:27 AM   #93
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

We have a dire situation Gunny & Men.
America's Youth has been Pussyified.

I know you always keep one the SS Impalas Up & Running Gunny.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:37 AM   #94
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Old 12-15-2018, 12:43 PM   #95
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniacmechanic1 View Post
Pro Tour is gone.
Except for that SEMA event. Maybe next year you should go visit SEMA and maybe get a better understanding of what is really going on with that whole corner of the industry.

In the off beat chance that you maybe just don't actually know what pro touring is: http://www.speedtechperformance.com/...cat/cat182.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro-Touring

http://precisioncarrestoration.com/r...s-pro-touring/

This is not gone, dead, dying, struggling, or even in trouble, guy. It is not a fad. This has been going down and growing ever since there were classic cars to restore and modify on and will continue to grow and flourish as long as people own cars. Because we all love making things our own.
autowiz is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2018, 01:14 PM   #96
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Quote:
Originally Posted by autowiz View Post
Except for that SEMA event. Maybe next year you should go visit SEMA and maybe get a better understanding of what is really going on with that whole corner of the industry.

In the off beat chance that you maybe just don't actually know what pro touring is: http://www.speedtechperformance.com/...cat/cat182.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro-Touring

http://precisioncarrestoration.com/r...s-pro-touring/

This is not gone, dead, dying, struggling, or even in trouble, guy. It is not a fad. This has been going down and growing ever since there were classic cars to restore and modify on and will continue to grow and flourish as long as people own cars. Because we all love making things our own.
All The Action is on Facebook.
People post Racing there.

Look what's going on here.
Time to Build once again and get out there and Do Race Battle yourself.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:50 AM   #97
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

I spent most of yesterday free time researching pistons.
2618 Alloy is wanted for High Horsepower Engines over 650 Hp.
Or Call it 700 HP an easier number to remember.
Some trade offs.

4032 aluminum alloy is only good for 650 HP safe and its what most great deal priced forged pistons are.
Got on Speed Talk where the Top Engine Builders still hang out.
Just have them left & Grumpys site left before you have to get on Facebook closed racing groups to get the inside scoop.
Confirmed what I need.
Going to order Buy 1 off Custom Diamond Pistons 2618 alloy for my 70 Trans Am.
Going to order 10 pistons so I have 2 spares. Old time racers like me do that.

Going to be a $1000-1200 charge on the credit card.
They Make you pay up front in Full these Big Race companies All.
Just payed off my BHJ Torque Honing plate.
Gotta wait till after Holidays.
Make the phone call 1st week of Jan. 2019.
Going to call Diamond Monday & ask some questions I have.

Told the Wife I putting my 1970 Trans Am back together in 2019.
She asked Why ?
Because I want to do it !
She said OK.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:50 PM   #98
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

Quote:
I spent most of yesterday free time researching pistons.

I research pistons and engine internals in general differently than you do. Where you think about weight vs. strength and the more strength with less weight is better, I see a different dimension. I try to stay with the thought that at some point this engine, like everything in this world, will fail and when it does how do I want that failure to happen? Do I want a grenade with shrapnel being thrown everywhere far and wide making the many flashback to whatever war they were involved in If they survive? Or do I want to think about a hp number. and build around that in such a manner that when things go sideways the piston and or connecting rod can come apart and break away before they turn the engine casting into weaponized shrapnel.

You could sidestep all my knowledge and expertise in how I choose engine internals by just going with the OEM crate engines. Because when they fail it always stays internal. And isn't that just beautiful? Don't you wish we had the knowledge out here in the world that the manufacturers of Detroit possess? But we don't.

Last edited by autowiz; 12-18-2018 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:04 PM   #99
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

Quote:
I research pistons and engine internals in general differently than you do.
I think that is the big difference between drag racing mentality and drivability mentality. Where you want to start by taking each piece and just thinking about how much better it can be or how strong it could be at its best if modified in the right way. Which is what drag racing is all about, right? pure performance. As you have proclaimed so loudly. Creature comforts are in the way of performance.

The more modern way is to rather think of a number you want. Be it Horsepower, Torque, 60' times, 0-60 times, 1320 times, or even gas mileage, If we just identify what we are looking for in the very beginning. At the start, then we can build to that level in a comfortable and safe manner. Rather than throwing safety and our own lives to the wind to just get the most out of whatever we have. Whatever that might be. It is a mentality. A way of thinking. And if you came to my side, you would do better and be happier. But you can not get over your safety blanket of yesterday.

I know that you see a powdered metal connecting rod used by GM for all LS applications is just weak. Let me tell you, they have made over 1200hp on them rods. BUT those rods bend twist crack and break before they will send a piston through the head, hood, and on into the atmosphere.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:10 AM   #100
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Quote:
I think that is the big difference between drag racing mentality and drivability mentality. Where you want to start by taking each piece and just thinking about how much better it can be or how strong it could be at its best if modified in the right way. Which is what drag racing is all about, right? pure performance. As you have proclaimed so loudly. Creature comforts are in the way of performance.

The more modern way is to rather think of a number you want. Be it Horsepower, Torque, 60' times, 0-60 times, 1320 times, or even gas mileage, If we just identify what we are looking for in the very beginning. At the start, then we can build to that level in a comfortable and safe manner. Rather than throwing safety and our own lives to the wind to just get the most out of whatever we have. Whatever that might be. It is a mentality. A way of thinking. And if you came to my side, you would do better and be happier. But you can not get over your safety blanket of yesterday.

I know that you see a powdered metal connecting rod used by GM for all LS applications is just weak. Let me tell you, they have made over 1200hp on them rods. BUT those rods bend twist crack and break before they will send a piston through the head, hood, and on into the atmosphere.

Your Fake News.
Your Customer nearly died in the C5 Corvette you built with your own 2 hands.
A total failure on your part.

When I build an engine for myself & will again soon in early 2019 it will be cable of running flat out for several minutes without failure.
A Road Race Engine.
Put on the street.
I use it to Street Drag Race.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:05 PM   #101
autowiz
DC Crew

Member #149514

My Corvette(s)
2000 silver/black

Quote:
Your Fake News.
Your Customer nearly died in the C5 Corvette you built with your own 2 hands.
A total failure on your part.

When I build an engine for myself & will again soon in early 2019 it will be cable of running flat out for several minutes without failure.
A Road Race Engine.
Put on the street.
I use it to Street Drag Race.
FWIW, you are a hypocrite. For all your Trump this and Democrat that. Here you are knowing the truth and still pushing lies that you know damn well are lies just to advance your agenda. And you preach so hard on hating the democratic party for this and here you are. The new CNN.

You know what happened to that car. I do not have to explain that any further. You are choosing to lie in an effort to make me feel bad. And for that you sir are exactly what you profess to hate so much. WTF?

And you know damn well you are going to spend the next couple decades the same as the last and that trans am will continue to rot away untouched by you. Hell you already tried to convince me you have restored the whole car except for the engine and then you confess you just showed your kids the car for the first time? You, my good man, are very fake news. CNNmechanic. Hows that for a screen name?

A man is only as good as his word. Stop twisting things and offering up what you know is not true. And let's get back to debates that don't involve fantasies and make believe? I mean what side on anyways? Are you some kind of in the closet democrat? I have heard those are the worst kind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in