More ZO6 news................. - Page 4 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C6 Corvette Forums > C6 Corvette Z06
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

C6 Corvette Z06
General | Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 09-06-2004, 02:10 PM   #46
ChiefPontiac

Member #15395

Cam I have to agree ,all the rumors no matter how correct are enough to drive someone crazy.I allmost think listening to Michael Jackson would be a perfered form of torture.

roadster right now thats all we have are fantasys and rumors.
ChiefPontiac is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2004, 02:34 PM   #47
TreCool626
DC Crew

Member #730

My Corvette(s)
C6

Quote:
Originally posted by ChiefPontiac
DOC $65,000 would be a good price and it still would be $15,000 less than a Viper.Remember GM allways has had the Corvette the best bang for the buck.I really dont think they will change that trend.Plus the ZO6 doesnt have a lot of extra cost options like the C6 will have that will drive up the price.Just give me the 7.0 liter 500+ hp 427 ,3000 lbs with a suspension and tires/wheels to match,power locks,door,steering and a great stereo I will be happy.

The Corvette has not always been the best bang for the buck. Look at the performance Corvettes of the 60's. The L88 was not cheap! It was slightly less than 1/4 the price of the base car. That is pretty much what you are asking for with a 500 hp Z06. If you are asking for a curb weight of about 3000 lbs without losing the power locks, door, steering, and stereo then that is going to cost another few thousand. So let's think about this. In today's dollars, 1/4 of the base price is about $10K. Add in another $2K for weight reduction (purely a guess) which isn't going to come easily without losing standard features), then a wheel and tire option that will be atleast another $2K, plus another $1K for brakes and suspension. Then add in the unique body that everyone is talking about. How much is that going to cost? I have no idea. All this stuff does not come cheap. That is without considering if it has an aluminum frame. Then add in any options and it quickly adds another $5K.

I think it will definitely be $65k plus.
TreCool626 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
NAVY WRESTLING

I just got back from Iraq. One time I was in combat for 40 hours straight, shooting at people who were trying to kill me. And it was nothing compared to one division I college wrestling practice, let alone a whole season- CAPT Zembiec after getting back from 7 months in al Nasirreah, Iraq

RIP
Old 09-06-2004, 03:45 PM   #48
bkuper
DC Crew

Member #16

My Corvette(s)
1994 Dark Metallic Red Coupe, 1989 Bright Red Coupe, 1986 Black Coupe

Quote:
Originally posted by TreCool626
The Corvette has not always been the best bang for the buck. Look at the performance Corvettes of the 60's. The L88 was not cheap! It was slightly less than 1/4 the price of the base car. That is pretty much what you are asking for with a 500 hp Z06. If you are asking for a curb weight of about 3000 lbs without losing the power locks, door, steering, and stereo then that is going to cost another few thousand. So let's think about this. In today's dollars, 1/4 of the base price is about $10K. Add in another $2K for weight reduction (purely a guess) which isn't going to come easily without losing standard features), then a wheel and tire option that will be atleast another $2K, plus another $1K for brakes and suspension. Then add in the unique body that everyone is talking about. How much is that going to cost? I have no idea. All this stuff does not come cheap. That is without considering if it has an aluminum frame. Then add in any options and it quickly adds another $5K.

Plus they still have the base model as the "bang for the buck" car. The Z WILL be a more exclusive (and expensive) car. We aren't going to get it both ways. Sadly, I imagine that for many of us who may be interested a Z a used model in a few years will be our only option.
bkuper is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Brian Kuper
Dallas, Texas
http://www.gff.com/

1994 LT1 Coupe (broken and sold)
1989 L98 Coupe (sold)
1986 L98 Coupe (bone yard)

Old 09-06-2004, 03:56 PM   #49
ChiefPontiac

Member #15395

Quote:

Okay maybe not allways the best bang for the buck.But all one has to do is look at the 2004 ZO6 its price and performance.Now tell me that wasnt a good deal.
Old 09-06-2004, 05:35 PM   #50
Roadkillz
Formerly DOC7000

Member #820

But back then they had vettes in the middle price range, now we have Base C6, Z51, and soon Z06. Then maybe we will get a blue devil to top of the model range of Corvettes. As far as price goes I can see them selling the Z06 for at least its first year $65,000. 4,000 units selling at $65,000 and thats $260,000,000 in revenues. With price being split between the Z06 and base model I dont see how they couldnt pull that off.
Roadkillz is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2004, 06:12 PM   #51
TreCool626
DC Crew

Member #730

My Corvette(s)
C6

Quote:
Okay maybe not allways the best bang for the buck.But all one has to do is look at the 2004 ZO6 its price and performance.Now tell me that wasnt a good deal.

Yes, the '01 through '04 Z's were a good deal, but that is only 55 hp with suspension, brakes, and very little in respect to body since they already had the hardtop.

DOC7000, I have no idea how the money works out. That sum of money may seem like a lot to us, but I have no idea the cost of design for all this new stuff. I don't see how anyone can really just guess on this stuff without inside knowledge of the processes right down to how much it costs to pay the engineers.
TreCool626 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
NAVY WRESTLING

I just got back from Iraq. One time I was in combat for 40 hours straight, shooting at people who were trying to kill me. And it was nothing compared to one division I college wrestling practice, let alone a whole season- CAPT Zembiec after getting back from 7 months in al Nasirreah, Iraq

RIP
Old 09-06-2004, 06:20 PM   #52
Roadkillz
Formerly DOC7000

Member #820

knowledge of how the autobusiness works econoicly can help. If you want an idea of howmuch it would cost, take a vette at base price. Look for aftermarket parts and engines and add them on. Then subtract the cost of the parts replace since you wouldnt be paying for those parts. And take into consideration that the mian manufacture can probably do it for less money then the after market can. Then you can get a rough idea of howmuch it might cost. For example the 427 from LPE cost $20,000 but remember that the LS7 will cost you $13,000 though and thats at a profit. The cost difference from a 5.7L and 7.0L motor is probably not that big when you are making them from scratch.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:57 PM   #53
ChiefPontiac

Member #15395

Quote:
Yes, the '01 through '04 Z's were a good deal, but that is only 55 hp with suspension, brakes, and very little in respect to body since they already had the hardtop.

DOC7000, I have no idea how the money works out. That sum of money may seem like a lot to us, but I have no idea the cost of design for all this new stuff. I don't see how anyone can really just guess on this stuff without inside knowledge of the processes right down to how much it costs to pay the engineers.
B]
Thats why I think the 2006 ZO6 wont cost $70,000.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:22 PM   #54
ChiefPontiac

Member #15395

More news on the ZO6...........

It will have a dry sump.

Also the spy pic on the trailer, the person that took it him and another got fired.Or at least thats what my friend told me.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:35 PM   #55
AlexY
DC Crew

Member #8935

Quote:
Also the spy pic on the trailer, the person that took it him and another got fired.Or at least thats what my friend told me.
Ouch, that sucks
AlexY is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2004, 11:08 PM   #56
ChiefPontiac

Member #15395

Quote:
Originally posted by AlexY
Ouch, that sucks
You have to admit Alex that they should have been more carefull.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:08 AM   #57
68roadster
DC Crew

Member #15933

My Corvette(s)
1968 roadster

What is this dry sump stuff? What does that mean? Is that in the LeMans series race cars?
I think this car will have some cool technology from the C6R
68roadster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2004, 10:07 AM   #58
digo

Member #13793

Quote:
Originally posted by 68roadster
What is this dry sump stuff? What does that mean? Is that in the LeMans series race cars?
I think this car will have some cool technology from the C6R
All you relley need to know, is that it's a little like the gas paddle, but not as much fun. The dry sump is a self operating device outside the oil pan and outside the engine. It moves the engine's oil to all working parts there without robbing horsepower as things are without it.
digo is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2004, 10:45 AM   #59
tarmack

Member #13810

Gentlemen,

Please take a look at the current 500+ horse club and look at their prices. I think $70K starting price for the C6 Z is still reasonable, considering this is probably one of the lighter production cars out there with 500+ horses. The US version of BMW M5 (505 HP) to be launch in 3Q of 2005 is expected to have starting price at $85K+. The Mercedes SL55 (496HP) is currently available at $130K+. I think the C6 Z at $70K is still a bargain for performance.
tarmack is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2004, 11:13 AM   #60
Roadkillz
Formerly DOC7000

Member #820

Quote:
Originally posted by tarmack
Gentlemen,

Please take a look at the current 500+ horse club and look at their prices. I think $70K starting price for the C6 Z is still reasonable, considering this is probably one of the lighter production cars out there with 500+ horses. The US version of BMW M5 (505 HP) to be launch in 3Q of 2005 is expected to have starting price at $85K+. The Mercedes SL55 (496HP) is currently available at $130K+. I think the C6 Z at $70K is still a bargain for performance.
Where did you here that the US version of the 507BHP M5 will start at $85,000???

And you are looking at the wrong cars, SRT-10 cost $80,000 and thats what the new M5 will be around.

GM needs to be careful with $70,000, or this will turn into another ZR1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in