Hopefully Hot News On The 2006 Z06! - Page 5 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C6 Corvette Forums > C6 Corvette Z06
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

C6 Corvette Z06
General | Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 10-07-2004, 11:01 PM   #61
Z-MAN
Mo-Fo

Member #8268

Quote:
Originally posted by CorvetteConti
Not to worry......
If you think the LB was tough to get...this one may cause me to loose the rest of my hair....yikes
Just save one of those hairs for me. WOW!! I want a red one, no a black one, no a blue one......
Paddle shift....YES!!
Z-MAN is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
427 Heaven
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2004, 11:05 PM   #62
ChiefPontiac

Member #15395

Quote:
thanks Tom, I appreciate the feedback...believe me, knowing the Corvette client and market..I don't know to say somthing just to say it...there are enough of those goons out there....I too, was carfeul on how this info was presented....I would not even had mentioned it if it had not come from someone I too trust...the paddle shift has me thrown, but I'm on board with the other stuff.....I hope he comes through for me with a pic next week.....whew, that would be awesome!
DID YOU SAY PICS???????????????????????????????????? ?
ChiefPontiac is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2004, 08:06 AM   #63
CorvetteConti
Supporting Dealer

Member #686

My Corvette(s)
Whatever is on the Lot!

Quote:
Originally posted by ChiefPontiac
DID YOU SAY PICS???????????????????????????????????? ?
I'm trying man...I've offered everything but sexual favors to get some......

I'll keep you informed!
CorvetteConti is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2004, 09:20 AM   #64
ChiefPontiac

Member #15395

Quote:
I'm trying man...I've offered everything but sexual favors to get some......

I'll keep you informed!
Dont do it Rick if its a hot babe let me.She will be singing like a canary when I am done.
ChiefPontiac is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2004, 09:26 AM   #65
68roadster
DC Crew

Member #15933

My Corvette(s)
1968 roadster

Oh what the heck, let Rick give it a try!
68roadster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2004, 09:28 AM   #66
CorvetteConti
Supporting Dealer

Member #686

My Corvette(s)
Whatever is on the Lot!

Quote:
Originally posted by 68roadster
Oh what the heck, let Rick give it a try!
No F'n way kids....

TWO WORDS FOR YA.....
EXIT ONLY!!!!

CorvetteConti is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2004, 10:07 AM   #67
lawnchair
DC Crew

Member #16723

lawnchair is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Corvette Racing Take no prisoners
Old 10-08-2004, 12:14 PM   #68
68roadster
DC Crew

Member #15933

My Corvette(s)
1968 roadster

Come on now. Who's leg do we have to hump to get that pic
68roadster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2004, 02:47 PM   #69
tarmack

Member #13810

Quote:
Originally posted by Longtimer
Asset utilization could be at play here - in addition to market pressures. They couldn't make a business case for the blue devil - at least not yet - but the big $$ paid to the aftermarket tuners and parts market make it clear to the bean counters that there is a demand for more powerful versions by consumers with willing $$$.

If there are gaps in the High Performance hand assembly plant schedules, these would invite the addition of some specially built engines that when packaged correctly can be used to tap into that market heretofore owned exclusivly by Lingenfelter and the like.

Also, the latest Motor Trend updates the newest information available about the Mustang. My favorite line: "where else but in America can a manufacturer lie about engine displacement, and sometimes HP, for 14 years and still thrive in the marketplace?" (Quoted to the best of my memory). Anyway, they say that the top 'stang will be out in about a year will offer IRS and 400+HP. Yes, "+".

Bottom line. The GM boys read what we post, compile data and analyze for "sub-demographics." This is GM, not Ma & Pa's Pizzeria. You can also bet that they know exactly how many Mallets, Lings and others hit the road annually. If GM wants a piece of the interior accessories aftermarket - and we know they do - why wouldn't they go after a chunk of the big $$ business. You can bet that these factory backed screamers won't come cheap. But, they can be serviced under warranty by Chevy.

JMHO

Thanks Longtimer. I found myself in agreement with you. I like the available aftermarket products and enjoyed the performance enhancements. However, suppose that GM launches a $100K+ supervette right now, I would pay for the supervette rather than heavy aftermarket upgrade from a standard C6. Because, I like the idea that my vehicle will be supported by a reputable and strong organization. By going aftermarket, I will have to deal with several specialty vendors, rather than one consolidated service shop.
tarmack is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2004, 03:06 PM   #70
Roadkillz
Formerly DOC7000

Member #820

OBviously there is a market for a $100,000 Corvette, its just a matter of how big and what they want. I think what the $100,000 Corvette market wants is obvious, they want a Corvette that is light weight and powerful. Style wise has to set itself apart as being something special. But you can buy plenty of cars from $100,000-$199,000, what sets these people apart IMO is they want it from a Corvette. So front-midship layout, OHV V-8, and Rear wheel drive all in a package that when people look at it can tell its a Corvette. That is no easy bill to meet, but I think they can do it.
Roadkillz is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2004, 03:17 PM   #71
tarmack

Member #13810

Most of the talk on this board talks about building the next Viper killer. I would like to see that C6 Z could take a chunk out of the AMG and BMW-M market. Each of the group is launching cars with 500+ horses. I love to see Corvette grow up and become a world-class product.

However, the harsh truth is that we are not likely to see a Mercedes owner, an executive, waiting in a Chevy dealer's service area for his $80K toy, along other Aveo or Cavalier owners. This is a good reason not to price the Corvette above $70K. If so, I think GM needs to consider the potential difference in the clientele.
Old 10-09-2004, 03:31 PM   #72
tarmack

Member #13810

Quote:
Originally posted by DOC7000
OBviously there is a market for a $100,000 Corvette, its just a matter of how big and what they want. I think what the $100,000 Corvette market wants is obvious, they want a Corvette that is light weight and powerful. Style wise has to set itself apart as being something special. But you can buy plenty of cars from $100,000-$199,000, what sets these people apart IMO is they want it from a Corvette. So front-midship layout, OHV V-8, and Rear wheel drive all in a package that when people look at it can tell its a Corvette. That is no easy bill to meet, but I think they can do it.

Don't foreget the workmanship that goes into these vehicles. The Italians like to call their products as work of art. Reliability is another issue, but they do have beautiful cars that are show pieces. The Japanese are known to have precision and reliability, but boring styling. Performance is one thing, I hope GM can show the world that they can produce reliable high performance works of arts. Will limited production of specialty cars be in GM's future?
Old 10-09-2004, 04:26 PM   #73
Roadkillz
Formerly DOC7000

Member #820

Quote:
Originally posted by tarmack
Don't foreget the workmanship that goes into these vehicles. The Italians like to call their products as work of art. Reliability is another issue, but they do have beautiful cars that are show pieces. The Japanese are known to have precision and reliability, but boring styling. Performance is one thing, I hope GM can show the world that they can produce reliable high performance works of arts. Will limited production of specialty cars be in GM's future?
Contrary to popular belief, We do have our work of arts that belong in Museums. We have our super high performance cars that blow everything else off the road. And we do make very relieble cars, that are well made and well designed. IMHO GM doesnt really have anything to prove to the international community. However what people think is more important then what is and in many views American car companies have things to prove. But it isnt fair, becuase of past images American cars are measured to with a longer stick then anyone else. Our cars cant just be as good but must be better in order to be called as good.
Old 10-09-2004, 05:48 PM   #74
tarmack

Member #13810

Quote:
Originally posted by DOC7000
Contrary to popular belief, We do have our work of arts that belong in Museums. We have our super high performance cars that blow everything else off the road. And we do make very relieble cars, that are well made and well designed. IMHO GM doesnt really have anything to prove to the international community. However what people think is more important then what is and in many views American car companies have things to prove. But it isnt fair, becuase of past images American cars are measured to with a longer stick then anyone else. Our cars cant just be as good but must be better in order to be called as good.

Making racing cars is different from making a daily commuter cars, and is different from making a high performance car for daily use. It doesn't take much to change the public's opinion. People still remember the 80's. The image of quality is earned over time. Granted that GM does not have to prove innovation to the international community, because United States is the biggest car consumer in the world. Having the home field adventage has been great, but give China and South American countries some time, they are likely to become big consumers as well. So, what other countries think about the Big Three now could impact the future. JMHO.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:35 PM   #75
Roadkillz
Formerly DOC7000

Member #820

Quote:
Originally posted by tarmack
Making racing cars is different from making a daily commuter cars, and is different from making a high performance car for daily use. It doesn't take much to change the public's opinion. People still remember the 80's. The image of quality is earned over time. Granted that GM does not have to prove innovation to the international community, because United States is the biggest car consumer in the world. Having the home field adventage has been great, but give China and South American countries some time, they are likely to become big consumers as well. So, what other countries think about the Big Three now could impact the future. JMHO.
Like I said and like you said at the end, what people think is more important then what is. And in the eyes of many American car companies do not make innovative cars.

And I dont remember saying anything about race cars though. And yes China will become a bigger the biggest car makret in the world. In the future the countries with the bigger population will dominate, US will become number 3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in