Corvette Z06 $ Viper - Page 3 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C6 Corvette Forums > C6 Corvette Z06
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

C6 Corvette Z06
General | Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 10-29-2005, 03:10 PM   #31
MrZippy
DC Crew

Member #5971

My Corvette(s)
2010 Blade Silver ZR1

Back in '96, I considered a Viper or a used ZR1. Talked to a friend who had something like 19 cars including the ZR1 & Viper. Asked him which he liked better, and he said "If you want pure accleration and head turning get a Viper. If you want comfort on a long trip, power, convenience, and everything else in a sports car get the Vette. I went with the ZR1.

Turn the clock forward, Sept 2005...... thought about a Viper, used Ferrari Spyder, or a new C6Z....bought the Z06.

Price difference or not...Corvette!
MrZippy is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Zippy 2010 Blade Silver ZR1
Nashville Corvette Club
NCM Master Ambassador & Lifetime Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2005, 03:12 PM   #32
GX624
DC Crew

Member #506

hmmm...

oh....

I dunno...

maybe...

I couldn't possibly decide.

GX624 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
GX624
2002 Pontiac TransAm
Old 10-29-2005, 03:32 PM   #33
sixpeedreams
DC Crew

Member #17449

My Corvette(s)
'80, '95, and '13 Z28's/SS's -- poor man's Corvettes

QUOTE: "I can't drive this car anywhere without drawing a crowd. people drive up next to me and start taking pictures with camera phones. If i park it in a public parking lot there is a crowd standing around it when i come out. You don't see vipers much thats for sure so they become a so called exotic."

Yeah, a relative of mine has a couple Vipers, one of them a 900 hp Hennessy. Recently I asked if he was interrested in the new Z06 and he said no. We talked about performance and he agreed the new Z was faster, but he still preferred the Viper because of its "exclusivity" and "rarity". Maybe that whole thing about Chevy needing to further differentiate the Z06's appearance from the coupe has some merit. But then again, there's probably owners who prefer stealthiness and don't like drawing crowds, so who knows which way is better. Personally, I like to draw a little attention, but not TOO much. The Z06 seems just right to me, but the Super Sport should probably be outrageous looking for 100K IMO.
sixpeedreams is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
You can crack your finger, but don't finger your crack.

Old 10-29-2005, 03:43 PM   #34
Roadkillz
Formerly DOC7000

Member #820

To each there own, Vipers are kinda common in my town and they never draw a crowd sadly.
Roadkillz is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2005, 03:54 PM   #35
sixpeedreams
DC Crew

Member #17449

My Corvette(s)
'80, '95, and '13 Z28's/SS's -- poor man's Corvettes

Actually, come to think of it, exclusivity is nothing but a function of the cost. Any good affordable car will be common. Any expensive car, not matter how good, will be less common. And if its both more expensive and less good, then its the Viper.
sixpeedreams is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
You can crack your finger, but don't finger your crack.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:39 PM   #36
DOG

Member #39060

Z06 IS THE BADDEST CAR YET. USA ALL THE WAY !
DOG is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2005, 10:02 PM   #37
aziztop

Member #31521

Let Me See MmMmMmMm...........Who Wins ?

The Exterior = The Viper Coupe
The Interior = The Corvette Z06
The Engine = THEY ARE SAME
The Wieght = The Corvette Z06
The Price = The Corvette Z06

The Result = The CORVETTE Z06

Look Guyz I Like Vettes . I Own C5 and I Will Get My 06 C6 Soon ,But When It Comes About Power Let's Say The Viper History Showes That Their Cars Never Been Under The 400 hp .
aziztop is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2005, 10:27 PM   #38
Kingjerbo

Member #40079

Response To THE CHIPS FAN

Chips Boy Wrote----There is a baseless claim since Diamler-Chrysler doesn't manufacture any cars in Korea. Oh Really?
~~~~~New Dundee engine plant breaks manufacturing mold - 10/04/05DUNDEE-- DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler Group is weighing adding a third ... in Asan and Hwasung in South Korea. A fourth plant was built in Shiga, Japan. ...

Maybe your next car should be a Skyline!

--My "94" LT-1 Conv Vette has eaten several Vipers. With some Mods & exaust etc. Nothing Crazy.

I never said I bought a Viper Moron! Learn How to Read. I said I was starting to consider buying a Viper and then came "Return Of The KING" I have a Zo6 spot reserved and will be getting it in 03/06. Perfect planning. I live in NY and don't want it when it is snowing. I have plenty of toys to hold me over.

I am glad Guys like you don't drive Corvettes.

You are probably one of those WRX Guys!
Kingjerbo is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2005, 10:42 PM   #39
jetvette02

Member #8286

Quote:
Originally posted by aziztop
Let Me See MmMmMmMm...........Who Wins ?

The Exterior = The Viper Coupe
The Interior = The Corvette Z06
The Engine = THEY ARE SAME
The Wieght = The Corvette Z06
The Price = The Corvette Z06

The Result = The CORVETTE Z06

Look Guyz I Like Vettes . I Own C5 and I Will Get My 06 C6 Soon ,But When It Comes About Power Let's Say The Viper History Showes That Their Cars Never Been Under The 400 hp .
the viper looks like it stole the side vents from a vette, just exagerated them a bit, the back end is a cluster funk of ideas that were thrown together with a prayer and came out looking like a picasoesque mess, and it looks like a clown shoe.

so exterior, the vette definitly has a meaner look because of the aggresive front end, and it is more functional...
The engine is NOT the same...8.3liter V-10 output is nasty, but the LS7 7.0 liter racing bred engine...that i might add shares alot in common with the C6-R reliable proven race engine, has racing blood IN it. Racing motor DETUNED for the street if you want to say. the corvette is a more functional race car that is made for the street period.

-the whole "exclusivity" thing has nothing to do with why people buy cars....ill prove it.
-someone says they want exclusivity, which means that they will own a car that not alot of people see on the road. Well go buy a 78 pinto, and deck it out.....guarantee it will not be everywhere and will be exlusive....but it is ugly, cheap, and does not perform well.
Now....person who wants exclusivity wants a car that looks good (sexy) but in a way that is different from say an acura TL, performs well, and generally turns heads right? so the factors are not that it is exclusive...but that it is nice, sexy, performs well, and turns heads.........that is what people want.

-A viper provides those....so people buy the viper, but the Z06 now provides those as well........

another thing is the exotic argument....Z06 is an exotic.....whether it is mass produced or not......the whole point being that you get the looks, the performance, and the feel that exotics provide albeit might not be on the same "level" in feel because of the lack of leather......but who gives two shits. But the fact is....the car will rip a new asshole in a lamborghini on the track...stock. So to ask whether a corvette Z06 is exotic? well yes it is, try proving that it isnt, compare a lambo which is considered exotic and the corvette Z06...the difference is..."exclusivity" and "feel" which end up costing an extra 200,000.....but that does not make the lambo "exotic" the prestige of the car does...and the Z06 has that.
jetvette02 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2005, 11:02 PM   #40
jetvette02

Member #8286

also .....for the person who said that the viper never had less than 400hp.....jesus with a 8.3 liter V-10 i would hope so. I mean it is clear they did not have a history with the motor...other than what it did in the diesel truck. the viper had no history, came up with the idea that sticking a v-10 and calling it a day would make them king of the hill...sorry but the corvette was and still is the dog....on the track it is not even a comparison as the C5-Rs and C6-R's have shown and will continue to show. ever since 53 they have showed what performance really is in comparison to cars of thier time. But offered at a "blue collared" price...which is better.

-what is awesome is that the Z06 WILL beat a viper stock for stock...same driver, same day, same track....it WILL beat the viper...i dont need some magazine to tell me that (even though some have), the fact that it comes from the C6-R will tell me that.

-the only thing that the viper has now....is semi ok looks, man that ass looks hideous....., and a 8.3 torque machine....which still produces slower 0-60 times....i dont care about gearing and all that bull.....they built the car for torque and it still doesnt help to get it out quicker than a Z06...aww.
-Z06....cheaper, better looking, faster on the tracks,

no question.....take the Z06....buying the viper would be like buying a 32 oz pepsi for 2 bucks....when the 32 oz pepsi across the street cost.....1.50,... walk across the street......
jetvette02 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2005, 11:38 PM   #41
aziztop

Member #31521

jetvette02 Thanks For Clearing Up

It's My Point Of View (( Vette Wins ))

The ViPER Still Great in Exterior Body.

Thanks Again For Sharing Some Info
Old 10-30-2005, 12:51 AM   #42
Roadkillz
Formerly DOC7000

Member #820

I dont see how you can rate the engine as being the same, the LS7 has won Le Mans 4 times in 5 years.
Roadkillz is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2005, 01:03 AM   #43
aziztop

Member #31521

Thumbs down!

DOC7000 Do You Know Why ViPERs Can't Keep Up With Vettes In Le Mans

Cuz They Are Not Designed To Race In Track.It's Not Easy To Drive ViPER In Track Not To Mention The Hard Turns You Will face .

Im Proud Of Vette achievements,and It's Easy To Choose Between Viper & Corvette
Old 10-30-2005, 01:26 AM   #44
midnite902
DC Crew

Member #36958

My Corvette(s)
05 C6 Z51 DSOM 1SX, MN6 Built by 21st Century Musclecars

Price doesn't matter Corvettethumbsup: Handling. Everyday driveabilitythumbsup:

I like the Z06
midnite902 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
C6 Z51 1SX, MN6, Stroked LS7 442ci, TrickFlow 225 Heads, 21CMC Road Race Cam, Kooks,
Balanced Z06 Clutch/Flywheel, Callaway CAI, Ported Fast90, Polished TB, LPE 100mm MAF, Brembo Gran Turismo,
Ron Davis Radiator, Dewitts Hi-Flow, CCW C-10 275s/325s Bridgestone RE05a

534rwhp 512rwtq -

"Things are more like they are today than they have ever been before"
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Old 10-30-2005, 01:27 AM   #45
92lt11

Member #35148

It' s Corvette for me

I've always loved them from when I was 8 or 9.I do think that the Viper is a nice car and maybe attracts more "attention"....but from whom?
Do you really want to be bothered by these people on a daily basis?
If I want a Sunday cruiser that I can take to the mall and entertain the folks I'll buy a nice 355 F1 Spyder.
That should keep the common folk busy talking for a while right?

....Just until my neighbor pulls up with his Z06 and then a kid yells out "why don't you race that Vette?"

Then what?.....

I say buy what YOU want......after all those folks at the mall won't help you out when you have to do a tune up on your "EXOTIC"

It's funny that when the Viper came out people said it was faster bla bla bla....now the Viper is "better " because it's exotic.

I guess there are those who like Vettes and those who don't........I do.....
92lt11 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in