[Press Rel. + wallpaper] Jay Leno's E85 capable C6RS - Page 4 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C6 Corvette Forums > C6 Corvette Z06
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

C6 Corvette Z06
General | Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 10-30-2007, 06:35 PM   #46
ycrs2

Member #66658

I think you need to see the C6RS in person. It does not come off as a couple of fenders added on, etc. - far from it. The whole concept was not to produce a race car for the street but to take the C6R racecar development and engineering and utilize it for the ultimate street ride. The concept was to provide a ride lower/wider (better handling), faster aand quieter (inside) than a Z06. This car is no fancied-up Z06 clone, frankly it makes the Z06 look like a cobalt. The idea with the C6RS was to give you a ride you could live with for a daily driver but then be able to take it to the track with no compromise in performance and excitment.
ycrs2 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2007, 06:45 PM   #47
Patrick
DC Crew

Member #1

My Corvette(s)
Current: 2003 Convertible .... Previous: 1996, 1996 GS, 2001 vert, 2002 Z06, 2003, 2007 Z51, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCRS View Post
I think you need to see the C6RS in person. It does not come off as a couple of fenders added on, etc. - far from it. The whole concept was not to produce a race car for the street but to take the C6R racecar development and engineering and utilize it for the ultimate street ride. The concept was to provide a ride lower/wider (better handling), faster aand quieter (inside) than a Z06. This car is no fancied-up Z06 clone, frankly it makes the Z06 look like a cobalt. The idea with the C6RS was to give you a ride you could live with for a daily driver but then be able to take it to the track with no compromise in performance and excitment.
How have you seen it in person?
Patrick is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2007, 07:03 PM   #48
ycrs2

Member #66658

I was at the unveiling at SEMA last night. The car is awesome!!!

Old 10-30-2007, 07:04 PM   #49
Dan85Vette
DC Crew

Member #9092

My Corvette(s)
'85 Vette - 383 TPI

Quote:
The idea with the C6RS was to give you a ride you could live with for a daily driver but then be able to take it to the track with no compromise in performance and excitment.
Which is also the essence of the Z06 platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
When I think of the ultimate Corvette... this isn't it. For some reason it doesn't get my heart racing... ya know? To anyone on the street it just looks like a Z06 with wheels, a custom hood and some side skirts. We see those all day long.
Interesting point, I think that will be a familiar sentiment with many. Not necessarily "negative" by any means but simply that it's a modified Z06. As it's built upon a beloved platform (C6Z) but remains close enough to be viewed as more of a modded C6Z than anything else. Granted, this shouldn't take away from how this "C6RS" performs, I'm sure it's extremely potent and will do well on a track/street, as does the Z06. In the same terms, the E85 looks to be more of a gimmick rather than actually being worth wild. Plenty of flex fuels vehicles out there, if they wanted to do an "eco friendly Z06" they should have done something actually significant as seen in sportscar concepts from Toyota, GM and Mitsubishi. It doesn't solve any issues by doing so, that's all I mean.

Plenty of Z06s owners on here building their own version of an ultimate C6Z. I think that's what it comes down to, it's another person's play on the Z06 that we all love.

I still maintain that I'd love to put my arse in those seats.
Dan85Vette is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2007, 07:16 PM   #50
Patrick
DC Crew

Member #1

My Corvette(s)
Current: 2003 Convertible .... Previous: 1996, 1996 GS, 2001 vert, 2002 Z06, 2003, 2007 Z51, etc...

Quote:
I was at the unveiling at SEMA last night. The car is awesome!!!
I saw the photos. Looks like nothing terribly interesting.

I'm sure it's super-dooper-cool, but it wouldn't get two looks from me at a car show.
Patrick is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2007, 07:28 PM   #51
roushraven
DC Crew

Member #5782

My Corvette(s)
2003 Torch Red Z06

So will this conversion package be available to the general public?

-RR
roushraven is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2003 Torch Red LPE C5R-Z06

Performance:
LPE C5R 427, LPE ported LS3 heads, ADM CAI/TB and LS3 intake, Accusump, KOOKS/RANDOM TECH/BORLA, RPM Level V, DTE Brace, PFADT suspension, WILWOOD SL6/SL4R, DRM brake ducts - 585hp/590tq Tuned by Andy Mages ADMPerformance

Apperance:
Int - CARAVAGGIO interior, C6Z shifter, BK harness and camera mount, PIONEER AVIC D3, SS cluster bezels, Z06 PARTS partition
Ext - DRM hood, ACI chin spoiler/side skirts, RKSport brake duct overlays, LPE mini-tubbed, O.Z. Superleggera III 18x10/19x13, MICHELIN PS2 (275/35F, 345/30R), SCP LED tail lamps
Old 10-30-2007, 08:22 PM   #52
ycrs2

Member #66658

I think Patrick and the others are missing the point here. This is not a conversion package. The P&M Engineering company takes your donor car (C6 or Z06, no matter) and re-engineers it. They are using only the chassis, the doors, roof and door surrounds. Everything else is removed. They are using your car's chassis as a starting point. It will not be offered as a package to anybody. There will be 25 cars built and that will be it. Anybody can order one, you just need a C6 Corvette and money. If a stock, or beefed-up Z06 is your cup of tea, great. The C6RS takes the whole concept of the Corvette performance car to another level in performance, handling, and interior finish.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:48 PM   #53
6 Shooter
DC Crew

Member #1147

My Corvette(s)
Carbon Flash Centennial GS Roadster

The Tonight Show's Jay Leno introduces his E85-powered Chevrolet Corvette Z06, boasting a custom 500-cubic-inch engine that generates approximately 600 horsepower and is fueled solely by E85 ethanol fuel, at the SEMA after-market auto show in Las Vegas, Nevada Monday, October 29, 2007.
(Photo by Isaac Brekken for General Motors)

http://gm.wieck.com/forms/gm/previewpage?042535
6 Shooter is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2007, 08:58 PM   #54
The Chuck
Beard of Immortality

Member #66259

Quote:
I think Patrick and the others are missing the point here. This is not a conversion package. The P&M Engineering company takes your donor car (C6 or Z06, no matter) and re-engineers it. They are using only the chassis, the doors, roof and door surrounds. Everything else is removed. They are using your car's chassis as a starting point. It will not be offered as a package to anybody. There will be 25 cars built and that will be it. Anybody can order one, you just need a C6 Corvette and money. If a stock, or beefed-up Z06 is your cup of tea, great. The C6RS takes the whole concept of the Corvette performance car to another level in performance, handling, and interior finish.
This image you're drawing smells more like another elitist's remodeled Vette.

Very Callawayish. That doesn't help your point, so much as makes theirs.

Sounds more like you're part of the P&M team trying to push it, rather than an actual enthusiast making observations. Better to just enjoy it for what it is and isn't.

- Chuck
The Chuck is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2007, 09:40 PM   #55
ycrs2

Member #66658

Chuck,

I am just a Corvette nut, a Z06 owner, a long time luker to this forum and just decided to post based on what I read. I don't work for anybody involved in the project and live in California. I realy don't get the "elitest deal"?????? I think you have been carrying your machine gun and looking for villians too long (just a joke Chuck, just a joke). Howeer you do get it as the C6RS is something we should all take for what it is. My only point is that it is a departure from the add-on, bolt-on, stick-on approach to customizing. The company that is doing the C6RS is the one who engineered the C6R, they have all of the experience and science behind them to do it right. They are not just bolting on parts and sending you a car. They are however re-engineering the Corvette with their take on a street performance machine and providing a new car, fully tested and sorted by their engineers and testing program. Each car will be fully sorted before turning over to the customer. I think we all should applaud the effort whether we can afford personally it or not. Let's just sit back and see how they do. I saw the car in person, have any of you? Don't just judge the effort until you at least can visualize the whole package. I heard their story first hand and liked what I saw. I would ask that you do the same before coming to conclusions and opinion. I have only entered into this conversation because I saw a lot of missrepresentation in the opinions expressed.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:24 PM   #56
Halltech

Member #6188

I respectfully disagree with Patrick. In fact, I feel exactly the opposite.

The black makes the car dull, but this car is the ultimate street machine.

First of all, 500 Pro Stock cubic inches, with a mild smog legal cam, and a K&N of all things. The point here is that this car incorporates every aspect of a race car you could ever want.

The body is 100% carbon fiber, with a chassis built in earnest by the folks that bring us the C6.R GT1 cars and the company that builds the LS7.R engines.

I will not be able to buy one, and what could justify the purchase for our business. 1 or 2 more horsepower with a Killer Bee onboard, but I gotta tell you, if I could I would.

I predict this today. Mark these words well. Callaway and the ZR1 will fade away, and this car will move them into obscurity.

E85 may not be at your local gas station, but it is mine. I would have Katech build the motor with 13.5:1 compression ratio, in fact, those discussions took place in July. With 100 Octane, this ride would be over 640 HP with E85 and that compression ratio.

Katech will be introducing their bigger cams for this monster small block, and offer it in their STreet ATtack packages. 500 cid, in your Z06, with upwards of 700 HP.

This car will weigh in at around 2900 lbs. for around 4 lbs./hp once the motor is build beyond smog legal limits. Could there bee a Killer Bee in carbon fiber far away?

Jim Hall
Halltech is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2007, 08:09 AM   #57
roushraven
DC Crew

Member #5782

My Corvette(s)
2003 Torch Red Z06

Well I love it! I'm not so certain I can afford one (you know what they say, if you have to ask...) but if I can you can bet I will buy one.

-RR
roushraven is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2003 Torch Red LPE C5R-Z06

Performance:
LPE C5R 427, LPE ported LS3 heads, ADM CAI/TB and LS3 intake, Accusump, KOOKS/RANDOM TECH/BORLA, RPM Level V, DTE Brace, PFADT suspension, WILWOOD SL6/SL4R, DRM brake ducts - 585hp/590tq Tuned by Andy Mages ADMPerformance

Apperance:
Int - CARAVAGGIO interior, C6Z shifter, BK harness and camera mount, PIONEER AVIC D3, SS cluster bezels, Z06 PARTS partition
Ext - DRM hood, ACI chin spoiler/side skirts, RKSport brake duct overlays, LPE mini-tubbed, O.Z. Superleggera III 18x10/19x13, MICHELIN PS2 (275/35F, 345/30R), SCP LED tail lamps
Old 10-31-2007, 09:55 AM   #58
Clutchdumper

Member #40582

[QUOTE=YCRS;973134IThis is not a conversion package. The P&M Engineering company takes your donor car (C6 or Z06, no matter) and re-engineers it. They are using only the chassis, the doors, roof and door surrounds. Everything else is removed. They are using your car's chassis as a starting point. [/QUOTE]

Pratt and Miller were a big help when I built my race car. Just like this project, my car started from the frame rails. The technology that went into Leno's car goes far beyond many tuners, both in safety and performance. Although I have not seen the car in person, I have certainly seen how pictures can distort the uniqueness.
Clutchdumper is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2007, 10:43 AM   #59
jpshark
DC Crew

Member #9517

My Corvette(s)
Check my photo album

I agree with Jim Hall here. This is a special car, thatís why I made the initial comment about the pics, they didnítí seem to do this beast justice. Since I live in Vegas I will try to get out there today and see this thing if itís still around.

jpshark is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2007, 10:54 AM   #60
ycrs2

Member #66658

JPShark

The C6RS should be on the GM stand at SEMA. If you can get into the SEMA show you should be able to see it. That show is a wonder all to itself and well worth the trip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in