Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Post a picture of your C3

846K views 2K replies 550 participants last post by  The Torch 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is a picture of my '78 Vette just after I bought it in June 1985:

This is what it looks like today:

See less See more
#178 ·
This is my '72. Pretty basic and needs work but generally original. Should be Ontario Orange but somebody along the line painted it brown (?)

#179 ·
normshark said:
This is my '72. Pretty basic and needs work but generally original. Should be Ontario Orange but somebody along the line painted it brown (?)
Brown is good bro. I like brown! :D Nice ride! :thumbsup:

#187 ·
indy99 said:
That looks very sharp. Did you powdercoat the frame? It will need a lot of cleaning to keep it that nice. Good job. I am in the middle of a frame off also.

no powdercoat, i did the por-15 thing & topcoat. i just have to avoid the rain. i figure once a year i'll get under there & clean it. yours is lookn good, when do u expect to be done? newport, you're not far from me. my bro keeps his boat docked down near there.

#694 ·
There is some nice Vettes here. Gotta love the C3 you know your vette is really nice.... Would make a great Sleeper lol here are my C3s

I love all years of Corvettes but I love C3

76 L-48 NOM auto Yellow tan interior Auto 79k original miles
This car is in Memory of My grandmother that passed in 11-04 I bought the car in Jan 05 with the money she left me for schooling :D
I had to put Bumpers and a window in it. I am getting ready to have it painted Yellow with a Black Baldwin Motion Stripe Total in this one is $3900.00 (I have since purchased 15x8" chrome Corvette Ralleys for it) This car is a daily driver in Summer. I have entered it in 6 car shows and got awards at 5 of them

78 Silver Anniversery L-82 NOM 72k miles 4 Speed Someone unfortinatly painted black and gold. This is the day I got it home. I need T-Tops for it. I only have about $750+gas in the car. Only thing I didnt get was T-tops and Trans.

This was as soon as I got home from a 8 hour round trip lol. I will get more pix sooon when the snow is gone. If anyone has a set of T-tops or something for a T-top 78-82 please let me know.

Thanks
Tim

#190 ·
vettevirus said:
Some really nice vettes :partyon:
Now I will show you people my sadness.

But I'm doing a body-off will post within a month my chassis which then would rolling again.

greezz danny:cool:
Nothing sad about that bro!

You got a beautiful car coming back to life! What could be better that that! :thumbsup:

#191 ·
rlato said:
thanx. heres the frt suspension just finished 4 months ago.
now THAT's a sway bar! :laughing: what diameter is that thing?

seems like lots of guys on here have the front monospring conversion. Seems like an interesting set up. Where did you get the lower control arms?

#193 ·
lsejlowe said:
now THAT's a sway bar! :laughing: what diameter is that thing?

seems like lots of guys on here have the front monospring conversion. Seems like an interesting set up. Where did you get the lower control arms?
it's 1 1/8" sway bar i'm pretty sure. got the upper & lower Aarms & monospring from VetteBrakes. cost approx $1000 and come w/upper & lower balljoints & new bolts. they come powdercoated in yer choice of colors. the ride is awesome:thumbsup:

#200 ·
TXwayno Damn said:

yep, C4 like. it's an eckler 1pc tilt frt end. it's a 73, the rear clip was molded in sometime in the 80's along w/the tilt frt end and the rear flares & frenched antenna. i bought it in 1990. i've had since then & put some 80, ooo more miles on it(137,ooomi all together) & manage to keep the idiots from running into me, a feat in itself. see more pics here:thumbsup:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v323/rosslato/?