******* [YELLOW C6 Z06 - 5 PICS] ********* - Page 56 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C6 Corvette Forums > C6 Corvette Z06
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

C6 Corvette Z06
General | Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com
Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 02:48 AM   #826
RT66Z06

Member #48

Quote:
Originally posted by DOC7000
THe kinda posters I liek to see are ones with real questions that they want asnwered. I dont have any problem answering any question that someone has when I know alot on the subject.

Infact there has been alot of threads on other sites in whcih I have learned and gotten questions asnwered. The good thing about a healthy debate is many people can get their question answered without even asking it. IM sure that a few people on this forum was looking in on this debate that got out of hand.

David just seem intent on proving his point in which he actually had near no one to back him. In fact many of his info for trying to prove his point only further disproved it. But thats besides the point a healthy debate will only help those with questions.
Yes, I agree. There is a wealth of information to be mined on Internet fora. Unfortunately you must wade through an endless list of message that contain nothing, or less than nothing.

As to David: Poly4 bitch-slapped me and I'm fine now. That song "I'd Like To Buy The World a Coke and Keep In Harmony" was running around in my head when he hit me and brought me out of it. No David. No Whiners.

Doc, you will be the moderator. Poly4 will post the first message. Then we'll await the literati among the Corvette tifosi and have us a discussion.

We pledge our Lives, our Fortunes (less the Corvettes) and our Sacred Honor to this task.

If you are in, I'm in. Which exit is Valley Forge off the Pennsylvania Turnpike?

Ray
GruppenFueher
Platinum Supporting Member
RT66Z06 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2005, 10:53 AM   #827
symmonds
DC Crew

Member #13837

My Corvette(s)
50th Anniv. Convertible, 6 speed

Quote:
Originally posted by RT66Z06
While I agree that the thread has gotten personal to a degree, the personal attacks were started by a poster unable to support his argument through the use of scientific and engineering principals. Counter-attacks are to be expected (not condoned perhaps, but certainly expected: I'm no Mother Teresa and few others on here are).

And, especially if the discussion is giving you a brain cramp, why are you bothering to follow it? And I do not mean that in a flip way either.

Ray
I have continued to follow because the thread did not start out as a scientific discussion of horsepower vs. torque vs. whatever. It was a discussion about the new Z06 and speculation about some pictures that had been posted. I continue to check in, just in case there is any further discussion along those lines. I'm not trying to be critical; as I said, you guys seem to be having a fairly good discussion and that is your privilege. Actually, I was just trying to inject a little bit of humor into a discussion that had become a tad bit vitriolic. No offense intended.
symmonds is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2005, 06:20 PM   #828
RT66Z06

Member #48

Quote:
Originally posted by symmonds
I have continued to follow because the thread did not start out as a scientific discussion of horsepower vs. torque vs. whatever.
I wonder if Patrick can move all the posts that have nothing to do with the original topic to a separate thread.

Ray
RT66Z06 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2005, 01:58 PM   #829
edvs

Member #26110

Quote:
Originally posted by justbcuz
Just out of curiosity, lets say this car has the same interior options as the C6. Who would opt for them, and which options would you want, if any.

And we will assume the car is priced at 65k with zero options.

Options? I doubt it..... I bet they sell the car just like they did the ZR-1... Very well equipped with no options. What you see is what you get, and I LIKE what I see. I am going to the L.A. show to see it in person.
Ed
edvs is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2005, 02:20 PM   #830
alphahunter
DC Crew

Member #23620

Damn! Who wants to drive one???!!!

Just trying to get the mind on the driving
alphahunter is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2005, 10:11 PM   #831
lastofbreed

Member #27325

What about the new charger? its supposed to be 425hp? thats gettin close enough I will have a twin turbo vette someday. atleast 700 hp.
lastofbreed is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2005, 05:37 PM   #832
johnnyph

Member #8358

I don't know about that twin turbo in Viper. I am a factory trained Viper technician and don't see that happening. it's already $89,000. Isn't there a chart on this website boasting the Z07 times better than Ford GT, Ferrari 430,and Viper ?
johnnyph is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2005, 11:05 PM   #833
poly4life
DC Crew

Member #23200

testing
poly4life is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2005, 03:11 PM   #834
poly4life
DC Crew

Member #23200

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidNJ
This discussion reminds me of a story I heard in college. An electrical engineer joined in WWII and was placed in the Signal Corp. In one class he was given an exam to list the three most important equation in electricity.

After some thought he picked three of Maxwell's four equations. When he got test back they were all marked wrong. The instructor wanted V=IR, I=V/R, and R=V/I.

After some discussion, the engineer derivied V=IR from Maxwell's equations for the instructor and was given 1/3rd credit.
Just in case anyone has read this, I want to clear up what this person wrote. The story is humorous in that the instructor should've been scolded for those equations. V=IR is one equation. The other two ways of writing it, I=V/R and R=V/I, mean the same thing: Voltage is proportional to Current; this is called Ohm's Law. All those equations mean the same thing and therefore only one of them is necessary in the answer.
poly4life is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2005, 06:10 PM   #835
Patrick
DC Crew

Member #1

My Corvette(s)
Current: 2003 Convertible .... Previous: 1996, 1996 GS, 2001 vert, 2002 Z06, 2003, 2007 Z51, etc...

Quote:
Originally posted by RT66Z06
I wonder if Patrick can move all the posts that have nothing to do with the original topic to a separate thread.

Ray
This and many more things will be pondered while this thread is closed.
Patrick is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in