how to leave AMERICA DEFENSELESS - Page 6 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 06-20-2008, 07:08 AM   #76
Barney 5
DC Crew

Member #60583

My Corvette(s)
'92 coupe, and it's RED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Whoops! Wrong door, excuse me!
Yeah, I was looking for the bar too. Anyone seen it?
Barney 5 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2012: "Hoping" for "Change".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2008, 07:36 AM   #77
duneripperxx
Account Disabled.

Member #34022

My Corvette(s)
black C4 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Whoops! Wrong door, excuse me!

ROFLMAO!!!!

Boston Tea Party, a non-military target.
Secret codes written in pubilc newspapers for communication, secret meeting places or cells if you were to say.
I'm sure there's more.
Our history paints a perspective unique to our pov.
We'er not gonna have history books with documented descriptions of our founding fathers running into a local magistrates home and musketeering the crap outta his family and house.
These things would be lost after two generations past the revolutons end.
The england archives may contain a description of events that we overlooked, of course, sugarcoated with their pov.

I exclude hiroshima and nagasaki "excuse any spelling errors" from the discussion because during war, cities get bombed, period.
Countries that we attack are lucky enough that we surgically bomb targets within cities these days because no other countries do that during war...
A result of our regret and lack of stomach for killing, no doubt.
duneripperxx is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Can anyone here figure out why my sorry ass was banned?
Old 06-20-2008, 09:25 AM   #78
the machine
Account Disabled.

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged_Bird View Post
Negative, terrorists attack civilians. There HAS been terrorist attacks on military targets but usually they are too much of a coward to attack an armed and defensive target, they much rather prefer oh, I don't know, hijacking airplanes full of unarmed civilians and flying them into buildings that have nothing to do with their cause.
:
I would have to point out that the attack on the USS Cole was called a terrorist attack.

As for your confusion due to pain killers....hey man how about sharing with us. Hope your feeling better.
the machine is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine......
Old 06-20-2008, 03:42 PM   #79
Tsavo85
No Kitty, my Pot Pie!

Member #64308

My Corvette(s)
'85 4+3

The first lesson my DHS commander told me was this:

The ONLY difference between war and terrorism is that war is declared by a duly elected government, terrorism is not.

The difference between a Freedom Fighter and a Terrorist also depends on which side of the fence you stand and nothing more.

Let's move on from the semantics now, shall we?
Tsavo85 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
-Kyle

"Pizzas are a lot like strippers. The longer they spin, the hotter & greasier they get, making fat college guys want them even more."
Old 06-20-2008, 04:01 PM   #80
Caged_Bird
I support glass stairways

Member #64168

My Corvette(s)
1983, The one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
I would have to point out that the attack on the USS Cole was called a terrorist attack.

As for your confusion due to pain killers....hey man how about sharing with us. Hope your feeling better.
I DO have over twenty more, along with some real nice muscle relaxers from when I hurt my back, they make a great cocktail.
Caged_Bird is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
'77 350 4-bolt bored .030 over, stock crank and rods, KB hypereutectic pistons, Comp 275DEH cam, ported and polished vortec heads, Comp Valve Springs, Harland Sharp fulcrum roller rockers 1.5:1, custom length Manley pushrods, Edelbrock Performer intake, Holley fuel pump, Edelbrock 750 cfm carb, MSD Streetfire Dizzy, Taylor spark plug wires, modded 700-R4, 3:55 rear gears, TCI roll control, upgraded front and rear suspension. B&M Megashifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
The only "enemies" that fear Obama is taxpayers..
First went Exotix, now Dune, I'd be careful if I were you, Machine...
Old 06-20-2008, 08:13 PM   #81
tar heels
DC Crew

Member #36291

You believe everything you see, read, hear on the internet? You would be ridiculously naive and ignorant if you did. These days with the technology available, a lot of people can make fake videos and post them up. Open your eyes, be a bit more skeptical and question the things you see, read, hear.

On another note, this country needs to stop trying to take care of the rest of the world. If we minded our own business to begin with (like George Washington said) we wouldn't be in any of this shit. People get pissed when you try to push your values and beliefs on them and you can't blame them for getting pissed.
tar heels is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence." --Richard Dawkins
Old 06-20-2008, 08:22 PM   #82
VetteUSA
I have poor impulse control.

Member #64186

My Corvette(s)
'93 LT1 Coupe (2005 - 2011). '08 CTS (Now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfpreacher View Post
Step up brother. Pay the ten bucks and join in the conversation. Say what you gotta to say. We're all fairly intelligent. I think the back and forth has been great for all of us.... think it over.
alright, I guess i'll lose my 10 bucks.

This is directed to the Republicans on this forum:

I won't get into the politics stuff as in depth as I was during the primaries, but all I was essentially going to say is that I don't understand why so many right wingers are completely paranoid about Obama, and about Democrats in general. Quotes like 'he wants to make the US into a 3rd world nation' or 'it will be the end of this nation' are absurd at best. No offense to those you who posted those things in this thread, or to anyone who has said something similar in previous threads, but you guys really need to get a grip. As I've said before in past topics, I tend to agree with the right wing side on most issues, and that's always been the case, but I'm kind of embarassed that some right wingers here think the way they do.

Maybe I'm more-or-less complaining rather than responding to the topic at hand , BUT, so many people in these threads are trying to blame the Democrats in Congress for the way things are now, yet they forget that the Republican Pres. has the power to sign or veto bills that the Dem. Congress presents to him. (yeah, some of you guys seem to overlook that small fact.) If Congress overrides his veto, than the Repubs here may at least have some sort of halfway valid argument, but otherwise, it makes you guys sound foolish. Being one of you (In my mind), it embarasses me. I've said it once and i'll say it again, the Pres AND Congress are both to blame for the good and the bad that our nation may endure. It's a two-way street people.

Now, on to the topic at hand, I think Obama is an idiot for wanting to slow our development of future combat systems. WTF is he thinking? Whether he'd be able to achieve such a thing remains to be seen. On the other hand, nothing else in that video is inconsistent with a smarter Govt. IE. cut wasteful spending, rid the world of nukes, don't weaponize space -------which Bush also agrees with. Please, someone tell me if i'm missing anything here.

AND, one of Obama's central and most poignant ideas is to get more people, ordinary citizens, involved in their Government; If enough people care about an issue, like the advancement of future combat systems, then they should let their voices be heard. One small example: Go to his website (which i'm guessing most of you have not done) and you'll see that one of the ways he tries to achieve this is by welcoming input on all of the various issues by encouraging people to submit their ideas and concerns online. I've never seen any of the other candidates do that. EVER.
VetteUSA is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2008, 08:34 PM   #83
duneripperxx
Account Disabled.

Member #34022

My Corvette(s)
black C4 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteUSA View Post
AND, one of Obama's central and most poignant ideas is to get more people, ordinary citizens, involved in their Government; If enough people care about an issue, like the advancement of future combat systems, then they should let their voices be heard. One small example: Go to his website (which i'm guessing most of you have not done) and you'll see that one of the ways he tries to achieve this is by welcoming input on all of the various issues by encouraging people to submit their ideas and concerns online. I've never seen any of the other candidates do that. EVER.
If obama wins the popular but looses the electorial, the voices will have spoke, just as they have during his internet fundraising.
duneripperxx is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Can anyone here figure out why my sorry ass was banned?
Old 06-20-2008, 10:28 PM   #84
Waco
Account Disabled.

Member #64142

My Corvette(s)
99 MN6

Quote:
This is directed to the Republicans on this forum:
Can't we all just agree that the party system sucks balls?

It just leads to inter-government conflict and it creates a rift between citizens that doesn't need to exist.
Waco is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Parity is for dirt farmers." - Seymour Cray
Old 06-20-2008, 11:30 PM   #85
Caged_Bird

Member #64168

My Corvette(s)
1983, The one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWacoKid View Post
Can't we all just agree that the party system sucks balls?

It just leads to inter-government conflict and it creates a rift between citizens that doesn't need to exist.
Good post.

Now who are you and what have you done with Waco?
'77 350 4-bolt bored .030 over, stock crank and rods, KB hypereutectic pistons, Comp 275DEH cam, ported and polished vortec heads, Comp Valve Springs, Harland Sharp fulcrum roller rockers 1.5:1, custom length Manley pushrods, Edelbrock Performer intake, Holley fuel pump, Edelbrock 750 cfm carb, MSD Streetfire Dizzy, Taylor spark plug wires, modded 700-R4, 3:55 rear gears, TCI roll control, upgraded front and rear suspension. B&M Megashifter.

Quote:
Old 06-20-2008, 11:45 PM   #86
VetteUSA

Member #64186

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Good post.

Old 06-21-2008, 01:45 PM   #87
Tsavo85
No Kitty, my Pot Pie!

Member #64308

My Corvette(s)
'85 4+3

Franklin warned against the 2-party system.

I like representative voting for the House. If Libertarians garner 5% of the vote in the elections, then they get 5% of the seats. Each state could be redistricted to have 2 'at large' reps. This way, if the libertarians get about % to win a seat, but not in any particular district, they get a voice.

This is the only way to let a 3rd party get a foothold to break the system. This is why this will never happen!

PS I just heard on TV, again, that the video is faked.
Tsavo85 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
-Kyle

"Pizzas are a lot like strippers. The longer they spin, the hotter & greasier they get, making fat college guys want them even more."
Old 06-21-2008, 02:05 PM   #88
Waco
Account Disabled.

Member #64142

My Corvette(s)
99 MN6

Quote:
Good post.

I was drunk when I posted that.
Waco is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Parity is for dirt farmers." - Seymour Cray
Old 06-21-2008, 10:43 PM   #89
VetteUSA

Member #64186

My Corvette(s)

So no one here has a response to my post? (besides Waco )

Why? Because the truth hurts? :

Come on guys, i'm craving for a confrontation.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:41 AM   #90
Caged_Bird

Member #64168

My Corvette(s)
1983, The one.

Quote:
So no one here has a response to my post? (besides Waco )

Why? Because the truth hurts? :

Come on guys, i'm craving for a confrontation.
Fine then, so be it.

Everything you said, sucked.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in