Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

DC's "Heavy Hitters" The C4's

105K views 124 replies 59 participants last post by  Rvic84vette Vette 
#1 ·
I'm looking for you guys who have award winning rides. You're the guy who makes other people not want to be in a car show with you because they know that they are battling for second place. Post up your pics and some details on your ride and once all the entries are in, we will start a poll and vote for "DC's Heavy Hitter". The ride you post must be your own.

The winner can opt to have the title under their name changed to reflect that they are DC's Heavy Hitter if they like. Make sure you post interior, exterior and engine bay photos as people will be judging the entire car. In case of a tie, the mods will cast the final votes.

This is an opportunity for those who know they have the stuff to show it. Don't be shy and don't be modest. You spent the money, get recognized!

So let's see'em! Who is DC's "Heavy Hitter!"

#3 ·
I'm not sure my Dad and I ever have plans for the 84' to be a show car. We drive it everywhere around town and down the 1/4. Some day the interior will be re-done and an LSx will be in place of the 383, but until then heres a pic as the car sits now...I don't have any pics of the engine bay.

Reactions: Yellow Earl
#5 ·
This looks like it is going to be great thread, I will keep checking back for some more hot C4's. Come I know there are some of you out there, I want to see a bunch of pics:partyon:

#6 · (Edited)
I'm not quite to heavy hitter status, but I'm working on it. I'll throw my pics in the mix just for fun... :cheers:

1996 LT1, black powdercoated alternator, smoothed and painted fuel rail covers, black painted a/c compressor, coolant overflow tank, and computer. Upgraded bilstein shocks, VB&P saybars, Goodridge SS brake hoses, Hawk HPS pads, C5 black Y2K wheels, R&D camber brace and crossbar, 90 Z51 quick ratio rack & pinion, muffler eliminators, hidden antenna (filled antenna hole), custom ram air intake with modified license plate cover, Igee seat covers, sunvisors and shift boot with red stitching to match seat covers, custom clear reverse light housings, MSD opti-spark, and Big Mouth Air Dam.

#7 ·
Awesome! Count me in!

Here's my story:

My dad was always into Corvettes and owned several in his life. When he passed away, it was my mission to find one in his memory. His last was a 1986 2-tone silver coupe.

"Alexa" is a 1985 Z51 Coupe. She had 55,000 miles when I bought her in 2003. I try to do as much work as possible on my own, because as much of a challenge and PITA as it can be, there's an odd serenity about just working on her in my garage. Needless to say, I've learned A LOT.

Now she's got a fresh coat of paint (prepped by me and shot in my garage by a friend). Paint prep link I'm still really proud of that. I've also replaced all the gaskets on the old L98, completely rebuilt the brake calipers and replaced the OD unit on the 4+3 transmission, a well as all the nickel and dime stuff that C4's will get you on.

I've entered her in various shows here and placed 1st and 2nd in the "Early C4" categories with some regularity.

Exterior is Medium Grey Metallic. Interior is Graphite with Sport Seats and remains stock (with the exception of a new stereo and manual switches for the antenna and cooling fan in the ash tray). Engine was recently upgraded to a ZZ4 with TPIS long tube headers, making 241 RWHP and 342ft/lbs RWTQ.

Fresh Paint

Engine (the original L98)

Interior

Thanks for checking her out! :thumbsup:

#81 ·
Awesome! Count me in!

Here's my story:

My dad was always into Corvettes and owned several in his life. When he passed away, it was my mission to find one in his memory. His last was a 1986 2-tone silver coupe.

"Alexa" is a 1985 Z51 Coupe. She had 55,000 miles when I bought her in 2003. I try to do as much work as possible on my own, because as much of a challenge and PITA as it can be, there's an odd serenity about just working on her in my garage. Needless to say, I've learned A LOT.

Now she's got a fresh coat of paint (prepped by me and shot in my garage by a friend). Paint prep link I'm still really proud of that. I've also replaced all the gaskets on the old L98, completely rebuilt the brake calipers and replaced the OD unit on the 4+3 transmission, a well as all the nickel and dime stuff that C4's will get you on.

I've entered her in various shows here and placed 1st and 2nd in the "Early C4" categories with some regularity.

Exterior is Medium Grey Metallic. Interior is Graphite with Sport Seats and remains stock (with the exception of a new stereo and manual switches for the antenna and cooling fan in the ash tray). Engine was recently upgraded to a ZZ4 with TPIS long tube headers, making 241 RWHP and 342ft/lbs RWTQ.

Fresh Paint

Engine (the original L98)

Interior

Thanks for checking her out! :thumbsup:
Great looking ride! were can i get one of thoses leather covers for my wheel?

#8 · (Edited)
Here's my heap, it's never been entered into a show for judging. I've had it for a little over 12 years and it has been evolving ever since.

Body:
Front and rear spoilers
HID lights
Front and rear blackouts
Painted black rocker panels
Dark tint
Wind deflectors on mirrors
Toledo Pro Hi rise hood

Suspension and brakes:
Lowered 1 1/2 inches
3.73 gears cryo treated
Slotted and cross drilled rotors C5 front brake upgrade
Painted calipers
Removed spare tire
Fiske FM5 17 x 9.5 front 18 x 11 rear
275/40/17 front tires
315/35/17 rear tires

Engine:
LS1
cam upgrade
ported throttle body
Melrose long tube headers Have new Melrose
Full 3" stainless steel dual exhaust
Random Tech. 3" stainless steel cats
Oil changed
tune from Anti Venom.
The Trans has been rebuilt with a shift kit and a 3600 stall converter added.

Interior mods:
Interior switched from factory tan
Custom stiched red and black seats
Custom stiched red and black console lid
Black carpet
Black door panels
Loyds matts
Corvette sill covers
Pioneer avic f900bt double din touch screen radio
Alpine Type S 6.5" custom mounted in doors
Alpine Type S 6 x 9's in rear.
Alpine amp
10" Punch sub mounted in old bazooka tube
Digital dash replaced with Autometer gauges mounted in diamond plate

All AC removed an aftermarket system will take it's place

I think that covers all the mods here are some pics.

#9 ·
I'm more of a "contact-hitter" for now but no matter, I'll join in.

Corvette ownership was simpler then...

Low mileage meant I just washed it and did a few in depth maintenance projects - but mostly drove the heck out of it.

Large View

Large View

It's gotten more complicated since those days...

But proud to say I'm close to getting back in the batter's box and making big swings with a new motor and plenty of goodies

#12 ·
Wish this would take place in a couple months when my car is done :laughing:.... Great idea Junkman :thumbsup:

#13 ·
shes no show stopper, but shes mine and im proud of her....

hedman LT headers, no cat, cherry bomb mufflers, SS rolled split tips, B&M transpak, c6z 18x9.5", SS brakelines, EBC dimpld/slotted rotors, hawk HPS pads (both only in the rear for now, waiting to do a C5 upgrade in the front), 224/234 @ .050 dur .465/.488 lift, 114 LSA cam, 1.6 RR, AIR delete, EGR delete, EVAP delete, HID hi/lo headlights, LED lighting inside and out, plenty more to come!

#15 ·
Don't know if it's a Heavy Hitter, but here's mine:

1988 Anniversary Edition #316. Greenwood ground effects, hood scoop and louvers, Vanacours side gills, GTO spoiler, white diamond piant, 96 regular seats, custom leather, 383 ci, FIRST intake, 3:54 rear gears, 700r4 with 2400 stall spead converter, shift kit, carbon fiber interior, black out stereo, black chrome ZR1 wheels, many other extras.

#17 ·
Here it is as of now. Currently in the process of creating a removable "coupe" top. Will post up later when its finished. If that ever comes....

and an old video with the interior.

K&N filter with modified lid, 52mm TB, ported plenum, Edelbrock High Flo runners, Lingenfelter manifold, ported aluminum heads, Custom grind camshaft by DRM, Roller rockers at 1.5, High flow stainless valves, high perf springs, chrome moly rods, high volume fuel pump, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, MSD ignition, LT ceramic coated headers, full stainless exhaust out straight pipes,

#20 ·
I know there is alot of work to be done to make her a real Heavy Hitter, but I have been fotunate enough over the last couple of years to bring home a few trophies. I have a professional photo shoot lined up for the spring, so please forgive me for the low quality photos below.

#22 ·
#26 · (Edited)
No show car here and I don't consider mine a "heavy hitter" but here's my junk, 396 c.i. forged 4 bolt, Full manual A-4, Dana 44, 4.10:1 etc. etc., (sorry no new pics since lowering/coilovers or the nos):
Some of the details:
396c.i. 537chp./517tq. (na w/pump gas) w/125-150 N02 ?
GM studded 4 bolt, Callies crank, Comp Star rods, SRP pistons, Custom Billet hyd. roller, Mini-Ram, AFR comp. ported 190, 1.6 pro mags, 58 billet TB, 36 lb. inj., ARP bolts, Canton pan, Cloyes, Cometic, Comp Cams, Fluidamper, TPIS, N.O.S., Bosch pump.
Hooker, Random Tech. stainless 3" duals, 'X', and DynoMax ST's.
MSD 6AL, 8.5 wires and coil, March/ASP Pulleys, Stewart II W. Pump, CSR, Dewitts Radiator, Earls's Plumbing
A-4, Full Manual, P.Kane conv., all mods, B&M pro mag. shifter
D-44, 4.10:1 gears, cryo'd, QA-1's
ZR-1 cluster, Powder coated repro ZR-1 rims, M&H 28x10x17 dr's, Raptor shift light, Moates APU-1 emulator w/Tuner Pro RT software, TTS Data master and Innovative LM-1, Everything powder coated except the cylinder block and various natural aluminum parts.

All assembly, fabbing, and tuning by: "the one man gang"
All powder coating and ceramics by: DUN-RIGHT Q.C.Coatings (www.qccoatings.com/pc.php)
Custom D/H shafts and balancing by: Dynotech Engineering (www.dynotechengineering.com/)
Engine machining and blueprinting/assembly by: C. Smith (T.P.I.S.)
Dana 44 by: Tom's Differential and Exotic Muscle

*edited with details*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.