[NEW!] C6-R Corvette Caught Again....... - Page 12 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C6 Corvette Forums > C6 Corvette Z06
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

C6 Corvette Z06
General | Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-02-2005, 02:11 AM   #166
RT66Z06

Member #48

Quote:
Originally posted by poly4life
Can anyone tell me what the new rules for the GTS will be? How will it affect the C6R? What is it that GM can't do with the C6R that they did with the C5R?

I have a feeling that if the new rules are too restrictve, giving an advantage to cars like the Saleen S7, which is not even funny how much it resembles its racing counterpart, GM might be inclined to release the infamous "Blue Devil" to the streets. In this fashion, they can obey the rules by making sure the Blue Devil is not much different from the C6R.
Poly4,

Here's a link to the new LMGT1 class (formerly GTS) rules. The changes are printed in red and they are aimed at the Corvettes. It would seem Chevy had some advanced warning of these new rules which explains why the C6 Z06 is over-the-top with CF, Magnesium, Brembo 6-pistons up front and 4-pistons in the rear, dry dump lubrication system, shortend rear overhang, and more.

http://www.lemans.org/univers_sport...LMGT1_fr_gb.pdf

If you have any specific questions after you've read it let me know. The translation from French (language of the ACO) to English (languafe of ALMS) is a bit awkward but understandable. They are giving big concessions to smaller teams, such as letting them homologate fewer cars than Chevy.

2005 will be more competitive than last year and the battles at Le Sarthe should be memorable. I just hope we come home with the memories.

Regards,

Ray
RT66Z06 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2005, 08:40 AM   #167
motorman
DC Crew

Member #1222

My Corvette(s)
2008 crystal red metallic coupe

Quote:
Originally posted by RT66Z06
Poly4,

Here's a link to the new LMGT1 class (formerly GTS) rules. The changes are printed in red and they are aimed at the Corvettes. It would seem Chevy had some advanced warning of these new rules which explains why the C6 Z06 is over-the-top with CF, Magnesium, Brembo 6-pistons up front and 4-pistons in the rear, dry dump lubrication system, shortend rear overhang, and more.

http://www.lemans.org/univers_sport...LMGT1_fr_gb.pdf

If you have any specific questions after you've read it let me know. The translation from French (language of the ACO) to English (languafe of ALMS) is a bit awkward but understandable. They are giving big concessions to smaller teams, such as letting them homologate fewer cars than Chevy.

2005 will be more competitive than last year and the battles at Le Sarthe should be memorable. I just hope we come home with the memories.

Regards,

Ray
that is what i have been posting since the C-6 came out and all the bitchen about this or that , the changes are because of the new rules for the C6R. GM does not want to lose the races so the C-6 had to be closer to the C6R to compete
motorman is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
corvette owner since 1959,retired race engine builder,former NASCAR tech inspector,new corvettes owned,59,62,63,64,65,66,97,99,02 and 05. 2008 sold waiting for the C-7
Old 01-02-2005, 04:50 PM   #168
Longtimer
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #3668

My Corvette(s)
'07 Z51 6Mn NCM delivery, '79 L82 4 sp gymk - Gone '87 Z52 4+3, 76 L-82 4 spd

Quote:
Originally posted by motorman
that is what i have been posting since the C-6 came out and all the bitchen about this or that , the changes are because of the new rules for the C6R. GM does not want to lose the races so the C-6 had to be closer to the C6R to compete
Yep, you nailed it!

But if these required changes end up with a Z06 priced at $70 or above, perhaps it should have been christened with a new name as a new model. Then a Z06 using the LS7 and more mainline production parts could have been offered with more reasonable pricing.
Longtimer is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2005, 03:13 AM   #169
RT66Z06

Member #48

Quote:
Originally posted by motorman
A good place to start looking for evidence is the new ACO rule on rear wings. For 2005 they are only allowed on the race car if the homologated car has a wing or spoiler of any height. Notice the C6 Z06 now has a small spoiler on the rear deck? Well, that qualifies the C6R to have a wing. Without that little spoiler the C6R would be prohibited from using a rear wing.

There are other clues that they were going after the Corvette and they are in most cases very subtle. But Fehan's spies found out in time to twist the arms of management and get the Z06 all dressed up to go dancing.

My money is still on the Pratt & Miller crew and the Corvette Racing drivers, and lets not forget the Micelin rubber.

Ray
RT66Z06 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2005, 10:31 AM   #170
digo

Member #13793

Quote:
Originally posted by RT66Z06
A good place to start looking for evidence is the new ACO rule on rear wings. For 2005 they are only allowed on the race car if the homologated car has a wing or spoiler of any height. Notice the C6 Z06 now has a small spoiler on the rear deck? Well, that qualifies the C6R to have a wing. Without that little spoiler the C6R would be prohibited from using a rear wing.

There are other clues that they were going after the Corvette and they are in most cases very subtle. But Fehan's spies found out in time to twist the arms of management and get the Z06 all dressed up to go dancing.

My money is still on the Pratt & Miller crew and the Corvette Racing drivers, and lets not forget the Micelin rubber.

Ray
This is going to be a tough season for the C6-Rs, especially when they hit the 24 hours of Le Mans and face Prodrive's biggest effort. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
digo is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2005, 12:16 PM   #171
Longtimer
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #3668

My Corvette(s)
'07 Z51 6Mn NCM delivery, '79 L82 4 sp gymk - Gone '87 Z52 4+3, 76 L-82 4 spd

Quote:
Originally posted by digo
This is going to be a tough season for the C6-Rs, especially when they hit the 24 hours of Le Mans and face Prodrive's biggest effort. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
As we've said before, Prodrive is good, but they are starting with a completely new car. As I recall it took them a season plus or so to get the bugs out of the Ferrari - which was, IMO, a more race able car in the first place (vs the AM).

Pratt-Miller may be working with a new body, but I suspect that most of the mechanicals are the same as the C5R, just tweaked and maybe some refinement for the C6R and any applicable rule changes.

Certainly the competition will be stiff this season, but P-M / Vette reliability should keep us on top. Next season, IMO, will be the toughest. All of the new competition will have had a year to resolve reliability issues, their drivers will "know" their cars better, the teams will know each other better - all the tangible intangibles will be more on par with the vette team. That is when we will find out if our OHV is still King, IMO.

If we have a loosing year this year, we're real trouble going forward.
Longtimer is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2017, 10:02 PM   #172
dichthuat
DC Crew

Member #171418

It is nice car. how is expensive ?
dichthuat is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in