Z06 newest lap times in Germany - Page 12 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C6 Corvette Forums > C6 Corvette Z06
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

C6 Corvette Z06
General | Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 07-17-2005, 12:18 PM   #166
RC45
DC Crew

Member #21244

Very valid points
RC45 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
MTI CamZilla, Kooks, Intake, Borla XR SAE 611rwhp & 534ft-lb @ MTI, Houston
CamZilla Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/RCFourFive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2005, 04:17 AM   #167
Frank Judge

Member #21112

Again a misleading article in a German magazine. „Autobild“ (which is a not very serious magazine) is writing about the Blue Devil on the Nürburgring.

‡ http://www.autobild.de/erlkoenige/ne...rtikel_id=9220

Click underneath the picture on „Bilder“ and find other photographs.

This car with exactly the same license Plate was checked by a friend of mine on a parking lot of GM Darmstadt/Germany. „Just“ a normal Z06!

Ring:

GM-Dealer Darmstadt:

Just the tyres changed.
Frank Judge is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2007, 04:23 AM   #168
vettezuki
DC Crew

Member #11873

My Corvette(s)
Very Naughty LSx C3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkillz View Post
I was trying to confrim this with a German but instead I get a political debate lol.

He is saying that any lap time that wasnt done by a third party mag is BS.

he seems to think that its black magic, Im telling him that there are drivers that given enough time with the C6 Z06 on the ring that can do better. But he seems to disagree on that point as well.
The facility should handle the timing and the driver should be a factory driver with as much experience at the circuit as possible. Given good to ideal conditions, whatever time that person turns in should be considered the peak that vehicle has to offer. End of story, no black magic. I believe this is the case in the Corvette times.

On a side note, it can be difficult for the German mind to accept that a non-German can excel in an area where they are very strong.

On another side note, while it's not going to happen, I'd be fascinated by a rigorous analysis of the differential times of vehicles with factory race drivers, skilled journalists, and fairly amateur drivers. The difference between these levels would be very interesting. I think some cars, like a Lotus would have massive differences, but others, like a late model Ferrari or Skyline, would have considerably less in a proportional sense. Vettes might be somewhere in between.
vettezuki is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Man's greatest joy is to crush his enemies and have them flee before him, to seize his possessions, hear the wailing of his women, and embrace his wives and daughters." - Ghengis Khan

My Vette

Old 11-10-2007, 12:48 AM   #169
vinseyes50
DC Crew

Member #58595

My Corvette(s)

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Judge View Post
The Z06 was tested last week on the German NĂĽrburgring Racetrack with 7 minutes and 40 seconds.
This equals the lap time of the Porsche GT ---> http://www.track-challenge.com/main....me=topten2.asp

Source: German Car Magazine "Auto-Bild".
Hey Frank I am a C6 owner and new to the forum. I just wanted to say hello and ask what do you think about the new nissan gtr 0-60 3.5 at 70k do you think they will make the current ZO6 faster to compete.
vinseyes50 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #170
Z06Ronald
DC Crew

Member #39420

My Corvette(s)
1974 Sting Ray 454; 2006 C6 Z06

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Judge View Post
Again a misleading article in a German magazine. „Autobild“ (which is a not very serious magazine) is writing about the Blue Devil on the Nürburgring.

‡ http://www.autobild.de/erlkoenige/ne...rtikel_id=9220

Click underneath the picture on „Bilder“ and find other photographs.

This car with exactly the same license Plate was checked by a friend of mine on a parking lot of GM Darmstadt/Germany. „Just“ a normal Z06!

Ring:

GM-Dealer Darmstadt:

Just the tyres changed.
The links don't work?
Z06Ronald is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
details can be found in my garage

http://www.youtube.com/user/Z06Ronald
Old 11-20-2007, 12:29 AM   #171
faulpelz

Member #56965

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinseyes50 View Post
Hey Frank I am a C6 owner and new to the forum. I just wanted to say hello and ask what do you think about the new nissan gtr 0-60 3.5 at 70k do you think they will make the current ZO6 faster to compete.
Hi winseyes, just one point to add to the Nissan: I just read in a german car mag, the GT-R is coming out quiet heavy with 1750kg and with 480hp, gives a 3.64 kg per hp, Z06 has fantastic 2.82 kg per hp. So for the Nissan to yield the same power to weight number, it has to have 620 hp. If manufactorers claims are right ( 3.6s 0..100kph) due to AWD, that certainly wouldn´t do to outperform the Z06 in the 1/4 mile or from 0..200 kph.

Also the 7:38 ring time claimed by some Nissan guy can´t be true with 480hp and 1750kg and stock tyres. Nevertheless the guy from the car mag was very impressed by the car...

faulpelz
faulpelz is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2007, 12:54 AM   #172
lawnchair
DC Crew

Member #16723

Quote:
Originally Posted by faulpelz View Post
Also the 7:38 ring time claimed by some Nissan guy can´t be true with 480hp and 1750kg and stock tyres. Nevertheless the guy from the car mag was very impressed by the car...

faulpelz
True. Several sources have confirmed that they tested the car on Slicks. I think that was a very dirty trick for getting an initial boost in hype. We'll see what the stock car can do soon.

http://www.fastestlaps.com/track2.html
lawnchair is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2007, 01:34 AM   #173
vettezuki
DC Crew

Member #11873

My Corvette(s)
Very Naughty LSx C3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnchair View Post
True. Several sources have confirmed that they tested the car on Slicks. I think that was a very dirty trick for getting an initial boost in hype. We'll see what the stock car can do soon.

http://www.fastestlaps.com/track2.html

Wait a minute! Not only was it a flying start (vs. ZO6 standing start), the damn thing was on slicks. This is getting just embarrassing now.

In way, maybe it's ok. Buyers will show up at track days and wonder why they're losing.
vettezuki is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Man's greatest joy is to crush his enemies and have them flee before him, to seize his possessions, hear the wailing of his women, and embrace his wives and daughters." - Ghengis Khan

My Vette
Old 11-20-2007, 12:45 PM   #174
faulpelz

Member #56965

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnchair View Post

that seems to me a dishonest way to attract attention. Someone there needs a kick in the ass. The Nissan car deserves better than that.

faulpelz
faulpelz is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in