what do you do for a living to afford a z06? - Page 7 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C6 Corvette Forums > C6 Corvette Z06
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

C6 Corvette Z06
General | Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 12-31-2007, 07:48 PM   #91
BASSIST
DC Crew

Member #32754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabbs View Post
Good for you Chuck, but since you don't own a Z06 the OP isn't interested in what you do or what you make.

If you really want to post a scan of your W2, you'll have my respect!
You may own one but I could really care less what you do for a living or how much you make
BASSIST is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2008, 08:26 AM   #92
painrace
DC Crew

Member #20504

My Corvette(s)
07 Katech C6Z, 2003 Anniversary

How about just paying cash for everything? Mr. Zippy can, I can and I bet a lot of Forum guys and gals can. Then you don't have to worry about loan rates, CPAs, tax rates and all that BS! I do have a few financial advisors because I hate fooling with it! I would rather be riding around with Mr. Zippy in our Corvettes and his soon to be ZR1!

Jim
painrace is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Painrace
Old 01-01-2008, 09:56 AM   #93
Nabbs
DC Crew

Member #11916

My Corvette(s)
2006 Z06 2LZ 530rwhp/500rwtq

Quote:
Originally Posted by painrace View Post
How about just paying cash for everything? Mr. Zippy can, I can and I bet a lot of Forum guys and gals can. Then you don't have to worry about loan rates, CPAs, tax rates and all that BS! I do have a few financial advisors because I hate fooling with it! I would rather be riding around with Mr. Zippy in our Corvettes and his soon to be ZR1!

Jim
Amen to that Jim!

Threads like this are silly, if you can afford it, just enjoy it. Being able to sign paperwork for a car is no large feat, it's not the pinnacle of success (maybe in some monetary sense). Life is too short to compare what's in your basket to what the other bloke has in his.

I will never run a 4.5 minute mile, nor will I fly the space shuttle, however, I will enjoy the things I do have.

Happy New Year All!

-N
Nabbs is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 C6 Z06 2LZ, Nav, 530rwhp/500rwtq
coilovers, cam, blah, blah.
2008 Jeep SRT8 All Options

Old 01-01-2008, 09:57 AM   #94
Nabbs
DC Crew

Member #11916

My Corvette(s)
2006 Z06 2LZ 530rwhp/500rwtq

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSIST View Post
You may own one but I could really care less what you do for a living or how much you make
Thanks for your reply.
Nabbs is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 C6 Z06 2LZ, Nav, 530rwhp/500rwtq
coilovers, cam, blah, blah.
2008 Jeep SRT8 All Options
Old 01-01-2008, 10:23 AM   #95
Mark Little

Member #20123

Reading all the different opinions on post like this are amusing to me. To me the key to life is moderation and what one can afford.

If one has the money to pay cash for a toy and chooses to finance some of it and keep the liquid in investments / the bank or in a can buried in the back yard who cares. We all are guilty of wasting money....all toys like our vettes are a waste of money...I mean honestly we all know that.

How many people have spent in a restaurant on one drink when they could have gone to the store and purchased a whole bottle or 6 pack. Same with a meal and it all ends up in the toilet the next morning

You only live once yeah we hear that all the time....but it is true. If you can afford a toy like a Z06 and you want to pay cash, awesome, if you want to finance part of it and have some debt whatever. Everyone that tries to succeed in life has lost lots of money climbing the ladder to that success. So when we finally get it we have the freedom to spend it any way we want.

We all act as if we will live to that glorious day of retirement or old age, investing our money, saving here and saving there. Just look around and remember the stories you know about people dying unexpectedly. Just be smart, save for that day in case it comes, but in moderation, have fun with some of your money. Want to pay cash, great. Want some payments, whatever.

We have all worked hard to achieve success in our own way and it is funny that we justify in our own minds that we are the smartest and wisest in our decisions. Those that pay cash think the ones that finance are foolish; they broke the basic rule of finance. Never finance anything that depreciates, stay away from that kind of debt and then they will turn around to pay tens of thousands of dollars over msrp. So which is the most cash in the toilet, the % paid out in a loan for those that bought at 8k to 10k under msrp with some financing or the double spank from the depreciation loss and the over msrp purchase? thinking.

But you know what, I am so thankful I can afford such as toy. I love being a Corvette owner, this is my 4th one in 6 years and this new Z06 is such an awesome experience. I do not regret the money I will be losing by paying cash, or financing them and I love being a part of the Vette community.

I hope I have not offended anyone with my opinion and I know that some of you will disagree and others will be pumping their fist saying
I feel the same way.

Embrace the day’s brothers because tomorrow may never come. Enjoy your rides
Mark Little is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2008, 11:24 AM   #96
QUIKAG
DC Crew

Member #33925

My Corvette(s)
'10 ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Little View Post
I hope I have not offended anyone with my opinion and I know that some of you will disagree and others will be pumping their fist saying
I feel the same way.

Amen! Today is a new year and respecting people's differences is going to be a key to a positive 2008. We are all very blessed to be able to waste time on a board like this and own such wonderful cars.
QUIKAG is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2008, 11:55 AM   #97
rspike
DC Crew

Member #48826

My Corvette(s)
none yet

amen!
rspike is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2008, 12:31 PM   #98
painrace
DC Crew

Member #20504

My Corvette(s)
07 Katech C6Z, 2003 Anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Little View Post
Reading all the different opinions on post like this are amusing to me. To me the key to life is moderation and what one can afford.

If one has the money to pay cash for a toy and chooses to finance some of it and keep the liquid in investments / the bank or in a can buried in the back yard who cares. We all are guilty of wasting money....all toys like our vettes are a waste of money...I mean honestly we all know that.

How many people have spent in a restaurant on one drink when they could have gone to the store and purchased a whole bottle or 6 pack. Same with a meal and it all ends up in the toilet the next morning

You only live once yeah we hear that all the time....but it is true. If you can afford a toy like a Z06 and you want to pay cash, awesome, if you want to finance part of it and have some debt whatever. Everyone that tries to succeed in life has lost lots of money climbing the ladder to that success. So when we finally get it we have the freedom to spend it any way we want.

We all act as if we will live to that glorious day of retirement or old age, investing our money, saving here and saving there. Just look around and remember the stories you know about people dying unexpectedly. Just be smart, save for that day in case it comes, but in moderation, have fun with some of your money. Want to pay cash, great. Want some payments, whatever.

We have all worked hard to achieve success in our own way and it is funny that we justify in our own minds that we are the smartest and wisest in our decisions. Those that pay cash think the ones that finance are foolish; they broke the basic rule of finance. Never finance anything that depreciates, stay away from that kind of debt and then they will turn around to pay tens of thousands of dollars over msrp. So which is the most cash in the toilet, the % paid out in a loan for those that bought at 8k to 10k under msrp with some financing or the double spank from the depreciation loss and the over msrp purchase? thinking.

But you know what, I am so thankful I can afford such as toy. I love being a Corvette owner, this is my 4th one in 6 years and this new Z06 is such an awesome experience. I do not regret the money I will be losing by paying cash, or financing them and I love being a part of the Vette community.

I feel the same way.

WOW! Deep man! I thought the key to life was to lead a good one always honoring God so as to get to Heaven! Corvettes and other worldly possessions are nice to have but really only distractions. We enjoy our Corvettes but that is about it.

Jim
painrace is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Painrace
Old 01-01-2008, 04:12 PM   #99
Mark Little

Member #20123

Quote:
Originally Posted by painrace View Post
WOW! Deep man! I thought the key to life was to lead a good one always honoring God so as to get to Heaven! Corvettes and other worldly possessions are nice to have but really only distractions. We enjoy our Corvettes but that is about it.

Jim
You are right Jim, partially my point.

If everyone lived by the key to life and lead a good one by honoring God life would be perfect. But that is a topic that is really deep, the world is screwed up because different religions are serving different god's believing the other side is going to hell and they are going to heaven.

But the topic is about enjoying our awesome cars so I will leave on that note. However as stated I agree with you
Old 01-02-2008, 10:13 AM   #100
rspike
DC Crew

Member #48826

My Corvette(s)
none yet

should have the car in about 2 weeks ,need to fly down to kerbeck to look at it then purchase line up insurance etc..black or red 2lz what options are not worth it or are must have's ?
rspike is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2008, 10:28 AM   #101
Mark Little

Member #20123

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspike View Post
should have the car in about 2 weeks ,need to fly down to kerbeck to look at it then purchase line up insurance etc..black or red 2lz what options are not worth it or are must have's ?
When I was looking for my 08 I was not interested in the Nav, but the one I received the best deal on had it. I like it more than I thought I would...not really for the nav, but the look and function of the radio controls etc!!!!!

Plus the option may be a good selling point down the road

Good luck you can not go wrong
Old 01-03-2008, 05:11 AM   #102
BLK 1

Member #66549

My Corvette(s)
17 Z51 13 427 04 6M vert 17 WRX

Thumbs up! Mark Little

Well said, I have owned 25 cars, including 10 Corvettes and 2 Vipers. I save 40% every month for retirement ( if I make it that long ) and if I dont then my friends will remember me as a car nut. Who gives a shit how they got it. Im just glad to see people driving them and it makes my day when we share " THE WAVE " I work in law enforcement and deal with scum every day,being able to drive a ZO6 every day and having a Viper in the garage is what keeps me going! Not to mention keeping the community safe. Be safe, pay cash or make payments, just live your dreams!!

LONG LIVE THE CORVETTE!!!!
BLK 1
BLK 1 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2008, 07:47 AM   #103
Mark Little

Member #20123

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK 1 View Post
Well said, I have owned 25 cars, including 10 Corvettes and 2 Vipers. I save 40% every month for retirement ( if I make it that long ) and if I dont then my friends will remember me as a car nut. Who gives a shit how they got it. Im just glad to see people driving them and it makes my day when we share " THE WAVE " I work in law enforcement and deal with scum every day,being able to drive a ZO6 every day and having a Viper in the garage is what keeps me going! Not to mention keeping the community safe. Be safe, pay cash or make payments, just live your dreams!!

LONG LIVE THE CORVETTE!!!!
BLK 1
Thanks

I know you see all types out in the field. I was a P.I. for 7 years and had to crawl around in the mud looking for a lot of bottom feeders. My uncle was the Cheif of Police in my county back in the late 70's early 80's so I could not get away with anything

Today metro Atlanta has expanded into our county and we are on the news at least once a week with crime.

Be careful out there and keep up the good work

Your stall is looking good, nice rides
Old 01-03-2008, 10:01 AM   #104
sky1
DC Crew

Member #67660

My Corvette(s)
06Z06

I own and drive an 18 wheeler over the road. I pull a refer trailer (food)and go to the mid west and west coast most of the time,but trucking hasen't been to good recently because of fuel and the economy. I drive a 07 379 (hood)Peterbilt with a 18 speed & 625hp & 2050lb tq Cat motor.The Cat motor almost wieghs as much as my hole Z06.
sky1 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2008, 10:33 AM   #105
Modsled
DC Crew

Member #66767

My Corvette(s)
08 Z06 Jetstream Blue,

No Z yet But Tool and Die maker at one of our Favorite Big Three Automakers.
Modsled is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in