c6z mobil1 or royal purple? - Page 2 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C6 Corvette Forums > C6 Corvette Z06
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

C6 Corvette Z06
General | Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 09-02-2010, 09:43 PM   #16
racingvette
DC Crew

Member #77946

My Corvette(s)
01 & 08 Z06s

Bunk

No vendor in a court of law when your trying to sue GM for voiding your warranty for non approved GM oils can claim or prove they meet or exceed GM internal specs when they have not been tested by GM to even know what the test methods or requirements are or have letters from GM saying they passed the tests and are approved.
API is no longer the sole passing as oil also must be GM certified.

Fostering others to change oils just for your bias of oil vendors is misleading at best as it is their warranty, not yours that would be ripped up

Yes GM can test and know what oil is used and there is public cases of Corvette owners losing warranty over non approved oils and fluids

That content you post is useless as it was with old GM standards and requirements.

If it is not broke, do not F with it and Mobil I use has never been shown to cause any damage even in early C4s when it became GM engine oil standard for Corvettes.
racingvette is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
600 RWHP
ET : 9.7
Trap : 140 MPH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2010, 04:57 PM   #17
vettedudez06
DC Crew

Member #76324

My Corvette(s)
c6 z06

oil leak

i was just wondering, i have a 07 z06 and recently found little dropplets of engine oil, just a tad bit not soo much. i hardly drive the car, it only has about 4700mi. never had a oil change done to it. during the past 3 years i never saw oil leaks, but just this week when i pulled out the car from the garage i found like 2-3 small drops. is this normal? and where do u think its leaking from? thanks!
vettedudez06 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2010, 05:31 PM   #18
KennyGS
DC Crew

Member #105698

My Corvette(s)
2010 Grand Sport

Where is the position of the drops relative to the car? Plumb up from there.
KennyGS is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 05:46 PM   #19
KennyGS
DC Crew

Member #105698

My Corvette(s)
2010 Grand Sport

This is a screen shot from my computer. The window in the middle is from my owner instructional DVD I received with my 2010 GS.

Although it may not be crystal clear, it shows a quart of the Mobil 1 5W30 Extended Performance oil sitting on the engine.

I understand everything being said/discussed, but this is my evidence if anyone at GM questions why I have been using this oil in my LS3.

KennyGS is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2010, 03:03 AM   #20
Zotic
DC Crew

Member #65472

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGS View Post
This is a screen shot from my computer. The window in the middle is from my owner instructional DVD I received with my 2010 GS.

Although it may not be crystal clear, it shows a quart of the Mobil 1 5W30 Extended Performance oil sitting on the engine.

I understand everything being said/discussed, but this is my evidence if anyone at GM questions why I have been using this oil in my LS3.

Personally would consider the printed information in the manual to be of a better reliance, thereby dismissing any controversies that may arise regarding engine related concerns.

However a picture may serve, a manual is still considered a more reliable and proper resource for information, imo.
Zotic is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010, 03:50 PM   #21
rj-92
DC Crew

Member #60632

When my dad first took his Vette to AZ he couldn't find Mobil-1 anywhere. I have used castrol GTX in many of my older cars with great results. I told him to check for castrol Syntec. He called the company and left a message on their customer service line. To my great surprise the next day he got a phone call from Castrol saying that Syntec didn't offer the protection of Mobil-1 or standards that GM had in place for that engine and not to use it. Blew me away.

They did mention though, that they were working on getting a new product approved and should be on the shelf with-in a year or so (at the time, several years ago). That was what is now known as Castrol Edge.

To a stand up company. I use Edge all the time in my Gto and so far, so good.
rj-92 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2016, 10:44 AM   #22
Likarok
DC Crew

Member #4804

My Corvette(s)
2008 Atomic Orange ZO6

I always have my oil changes done at the dealer where I bought the car. In Canada most GM dealers have switched to using Castrol products. I was very hesitant to switch away from Mobile 1 the last time I was in for a change. But like you I have used Castrol GTX in trucks and cars for years and have found it to be awesome. So now I am using Castrol Edge Full Synthetic (dealer installed) and it seems great!
Likarok is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2017 High Country 6.2
2014 Sierra SLE Reg Cab Short Box
2008 Corvette ZO6
2011 HD 103 Street Glide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in