Corvette's baby brother grows up.... - Page 11 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Other Cars, Trucks & Cool Rides
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

Other Cars, Trucks & Cool Rides Transportation other than Corvettes...

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 04-18-2019, 05:31 AM   #151
victoryredSS
DC Crew

Member #55168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniacmechanic1 View Post
Try and find a guy that Wires up Race Cars for a living.
Preferred Pro Stock Drag Cars.

It's usually done by Bid Jobs.

I will do X work for $500, $1k , $2 k...ect.
Negotiate.
Thanks for that suggestion, I will do that.
victoryredSS is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
**Under Construction** 05 Victory Red Cobalt SS, LSX Bowtie block, 427 CID, Brodix BP BR 7 BS 300 Heads, Crower rocker arms, Diamond pistons, Scat crankshaft, Vortech V7 YSi-B, Holley Dominator EFI, RWD conversion, Race prepped Power glide, Ford 9", Strange suspension, SSBC brakes Expectations *1,000+RWHP*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2019, 10:52 PM   #152
victoryredSS
DC Crew

Member #55168

Where I got this thread title from.

For those of you that have looked at this thread I have an original GM tv commercial (thanks you tube) that is in fact where my thread title came from. Enjoy this little blast from the past.

**Under Construction** 05 Victory Red Cobalt SS, LSX Bowtie block, 427 CID, Brodix BP BR 7 BS 300 Heads, Crower rocker arms, Diamond pistons, Scat crankshaft, Vortech V7 YSi-B, Holley Dominator EFI, RWD conversion, Race prepped Power glide, Ford 9", Strange suspension, SSBC brakes Expectations *1,000+RWHP*
The Following User Says Thank You to victoryredSS For This Useful Post:
Maniacmechanic1 (04-25-2019)
Old 04-25-2019, 04:43 AM   #153
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoryredSS View Post
For those of you that have looked at this thread I have an original GM tv commercial (thanks you tube) that is in fact where my thread title came from. Enjoy this little blast from the past.

Corvette meets Cobalt SS
Maniacmechanic1 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2019, 05:57 PM   #154
victoryredSS
DC Crew

Member #55168

My spare fenders and the front bumper surround have come in.

I have an appointment to drop them off on Monday so that everything can be reworked to move the wheel openings ahead by 1.5" to compensate for the stretched wheel base.

I am hoping they will be ready, after my Hawaiian vacation, at the middle of May. Once these are done I will be doing a full coat of primer and getting the car ready to send to the fabricator.

Considering the price I paid for these parts the quality is sufficient to do what I need as once they are cut up the remaining sections head to the recyclers.

And yes I know that isn't a SS front bumper surround but I only need the section that lines up to the fenders.

Old 06-30-2019, 12:18 PM   #155
victoryredSS
DC Crew

Member #55168

UPDATE TIME

Some cool things are going to be happening in short order. To start with the front fenders and bumper are being reworked to match the 104.5" wheelbase that the car now has. The tires had to much gap at the back of the wheels and too little at the front of the wheels which hindered steering. The included pictures show the added pieces as we test fit them before the final welding. This was a time consuming process and a bit more $$ than expected but there was no way around this modification. The fenders are now back at the shop and the final welding will be done and the modification to the front bumper will be completed. I am hoping to get the car all primed before it goes to the fabricator, which is the next update part.

The car goes to the fabricator in 3 weeks from Monday. At that shop modifications will be done to the roll cage under the hood to allow the supercharger to fit in its position. The funny cage bars will be welded into place, the headers will be completed by the welding of all the tubes and adding the Vibrant collectors. An aluminum fuel cell will be built to fit the space I have as when the chassis was first built we weren't planning on wheelie bars (4 cylinder torque)and now that we need wheelie bars we don't have the space with the plastic RCI fuel cell and protective metal cover. We need a support built for the parachute and the wing added to the spare trunk lid so we are ready for racing. We are also going to have a custom driveshaft built and if that's not enough I am sure something else will pop up.

Next, Jim at Richmond Racing Engines has most of the parts needed and next week the block starts getting machined to accommodate the .5" head studs, the 4.125 pistons and everything else we are going to need. Jim is paying special attention to all areas regarding oiling. I have patiently waited for my LSX bowtie block to move form the waiting room into the surgery room and Jim says that happens this coming week. Jim also has some addition work that he needs me to do for him which works out for both of us.

The downside is that this is not going to be cheap but as happened last year at this time I have been offered a huge extra on a project I am working on. The good news I can work as many hours as I want and my weeks will be 80 hours a week. I am going to do all that I can so the $$$ is there when I need to pay the shops. My time to work on the car is going to be really limited while I work all of this overtime but I am focused on actually having this project finished. I'm glad my wife is letting me slide on working around the house so this nightmare can finally end and a smile can be had for us and everyone else who has followed this project for 13 years.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in