Cheney's "Blur The Facts Tour 2009" - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums
 
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance



Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2009, 11:39 AM   #1
Tsavo85
No Kitty, my Pot Pie!
 
Tsavo85's Avatar
 
Posts: 14,241
Member #64308
Member since: Aug 2007
Location: Lauderdale, MN

My Corvette(s)
'85 4+3

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cheney's "Blur The Facts Tour 2009"

Besides the fact that he has givin more speeches and interviews in the last 2 weeks than in the previous 8 years, I think this plan is going to backfire on him. I mean, he's very unpopular and generally poorly regarded in the media, so you KNOW they will be digging and analyzing everything he says.

His plan? Fudge the truth and claim those that correct him (even those he misquotes from his own Admin) are engaging in Revisionist History. Ya know, just because you say a lie first, doesn't mean that those correcting the lie are revising history.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20...n1TGqQlFgDW7oF

I mean really? What is he trying to accomplish?
Tsavo85 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
-Kyle

"Pizzas are a lot like strippers. The longer they spin, the hotter & greasier they get, making fat college guys want them even more."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-22-2009, 11:42 AM   #2
Zombievette
 
Zombievette's Avatar
 
Posts: 881
Member #65124
Member since: Sep 2007

My Corvette(s)
04 FRC ZO6---Torch RED

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Maybe he thinks it'll keep him out of jail.

What a loser......he needs to get inside his safe and forget the combo!
Zombievette is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"TAKE NO PRISONERS"
Old 05-22-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
blckslvr79
 
blckslvr79's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,476
Member #67576
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Schererville, IN

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Thanks: 883
Thanked 307 Times in 256 Posts
Amazing how much these guys scare you libs!

Last edited by blckslvr79; 05-22-2009 at 12:52 PM. Reason: spelling error
blckslvr79 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
Tsavo85
No Kitty, my Pot Pie!
 
Tsavo85's Avatar
 
Posts: 14,241
Member #64308
Member since: Aug 2007
Location: Lauderdale, MN

My Corvette(s)
'85 4+3

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
Amazing how much theses guys scare you libs!
People travelling the country spreading half-thruths and easily debunked lies always scares me because ther are plenty of idiots who won't fact-check or question them. Matters not who, what, when, where, or why.
Tsavo85 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
-Kyle

"Pizzas are a lot like strippers. The longer they spin, the hotter & greasier they get, making fat college guys want them even more."
Old 05-22-2009, 12:44 PM   #5
Zombievette
 
Zombievette's Avatar
 
Posts: 881
Member #65124
Member since: Sep 2007

My Corvette(s)
04 FRC ZO6---Torch RED

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Where do you get off calling people a Lib??

Just because I don't like Cheney, doesn't mean that you hang a label on someone.

Now go back to watching Fox news and listening to Rush on your am radio.
Zombievette is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"TAKE NO PRISONERS"
Old 05-22-2009, 12:45 PM   #6
Patrick
DC Crew
 
Patrick's Avatar
 
Posts: 53,209
Member #1
Member since: Jan 2003
Location: Arizona / USA!

My Corvette(s)
Current: 2003 Convertible .... Previous: 1996, 1996 GS, 2001 vert, 2002 Z06, 2003, 2007 Z51, etc...

Thanks: 20
Thanked 97 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsavo85 View Post
I mean really? What is he trying to accomplish?
He's trying to save his neck.
Patrick is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2009, 12:47 PM   #7
Tsavo85
No Kitty, my Pot Pie!
 
Tsavo85's Avatar
 
Posts: 14,241
Member #64308
Member since: Aug 2007
Location: Lauderdale, MN

My Corvette(s)
'85 4+3

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
He's trying to save his neck.
So he knows he fucked up royally. He knows the truth is about to come out. He knows he is hosed.
Tsavo85 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
-Kyle

"Pizzas are a lot like strippers. The longer they spin, the hotter & greasier they get, making fat college guys want them even more."
Old 05-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #8
blckslvr79
 
blckslvr79's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,476
Member #67576
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Schererville, IN

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Thanks: 883
Thanked 307 Times in 256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombievette View Post
Where do you get off calling people a Lib??

Just because I don't like Cheney, doesn't mean that you hang a label on someone.

Now go back to watching Fox news and listening to Rush on your am radio.

I didn't see any names in my post???

If the shoe fits...
You're awful testy for some reason???
blckslvr79 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #9
raidmagic
DC Crew
 
raidmagic's Avatar
 
Posts: 32,942
Member #1067
Member since: May 2003
Location: Brandon, FL.

My Corvette(s)
Rare 1987 bright red

Thanks: 60
Thanked 174 Times in 133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombievette View Post
Where do you get off calling people a Lib??

Just because I don't like Cheney, doesn't mean that you hang a label on someone.

Now go back to watching Fox news and listening to Rush on your am radio.
good one, get offended he grouped you then group him. Classic!
raidmagic is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sampson 9/22/97-1/1/05
Old 05-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #10
blckslvr79
 
blckslvr79's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,476
Member #67576
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Schererville, IN

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Thanks: 883
Thanked 307 Times in 256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsavo85 View Post
People travelling the country spreading half-thruths and easily debunked lies always scares me because ther are plenty of idiots who won't fact-check or question them. Matters not who, what, when, where, or why.
Exactly. No need to travel the country. He could do it right here on DC from the basement of his parent's home, just like a bunch of the people here.

blckslvr79 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:51 PM   #11
RDZEPLN
 
RDZEPLN's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,962
Member #66926
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: BULLHEAD CITY,ARIZONA

My Corvette(s)
1992 VERT(sold) & 2002 VERT

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cheneys attacks on The President and our Constitution are treasonist at best.He should be tried for war crimes and put in prison.Or tried for murdering 4000+ Americans,by lying about WMD's and starting a un-necessary war.

ZEP
RDZEPLN is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
It's funny how fallin' feels like flyin' for a little while.. Only for a little while..

COURAGE
Is Being Scared to Death, But Saddling Up Anyway.
-John Wayne-
Old 05-22-2009, 12:53 PM   #12
blckslvr79
 
blckslvr79's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,476
Member #67576
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Schererville, IN

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Thanks: 883
Thanked 307 Times in 256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDZEPLN View Post
Cheneys attacks on The President and our Constitution are treasonist at best.He should be tried for war crimes and put in prison.Or tried for murdering 4000+ Americans,by lying about WMD's and starting a un-necessary war.

ZEP

Disagreeing with the current admin is treason? Stating his beliefs is treason?
blckslvr79 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:54 PM   #13
Zombievette
 
Zombievette's Avatar
 
Posts: 881
Member #65124
Member since: Sep 2007

My Corvette(s)
04 FRC ZO6---Torch RED

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidmagic View Post
good one, get offended he grouped you then group him. Classic!
I'm glad you caught that......

exactly my point....
Zombievette is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"TAKE NO PRISONERS"
Old 05-22-2009, 12:56 PM   #14
blckslvr79
 
blckslvr79's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,476
Member #67576
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Schererville, IN

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Thanks: 883
Thanked 307 Times in 256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombievette View Post
I'm glad you caught that......

exactly my point....
I doubt it.
blckslvr79 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:58 PM   #15
Patrick
DC Crew
 
Patrick's Avatar
 
Posts: 53,209
Member #1
Member since: Jan 2003
Location: Arizona / USA!

My Corvette(s)
Current: 2003 Convertible .... Previous: 1996, 1996 GS, 2001 vert, 2002 Z06, 2003, 2007 Z51, etc...

Thanks: 20
Thanked 97 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsavo85 View Post
So he knows he fucked up royally. He knows the truth is about to come out. He knows he is hosed.
Whatever he did, he did. But, the media tour is obviously to put a positive spin on it, and get his "version" of the truth out there.

I can't blame him for doing that. It's a damage control move.
Patrick is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:56 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003-2011, DigitalCorvettes.com - All Rights Reserved