New Member from Lake Tahoe - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > General Sections > New Member Introductions
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

New Member Introductions
Just get registered? Welcome to the site! C'mon into this forum section and introduce yourself.

Sponsored by: Bondurant
Bondurant

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 01-30-2018, 01:08 AM   #1
bbusch8274
DC Crew

Member #177281

New Member from Lake Tahoe

Good day DC Forum members. My name is Brian and I am actually a Jeep enthusiast that is currently installing a LS3 engine out of a 09 Corvette. I am excited to have some raw GM power going under the hood, the 4.0 that came in the Jeep is gutless.

I joined the Forum this evening and while I think it would be beneficial to catch up with some info that could be helpful in my build I also need to share a story that is unpleasant and appears to be effecting the community.

<edited - The Torch>

Last edited by The Torch; 01-30-2018 at 03:56 AM.
bbusch8274 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2018, 03:54 AM   #2
The Torch
DC PIT CREW BOSS

Member #799

My Corvette(s)
2004 Black/Mod Red-Z06

Welcome to DC Busch. The LS install in a Jeep sounds interesting and sorry you are having problems with the transmission. However, it is in bad taste to come on here and slam/degrade a business especially on your first post. We as a group are aware of the problems people have had with this guy but you are presenting only one side of it. To present the complaint, we also need his side as a rebuttal so the members can make up their own mind.

But on the positive side, we love to hear more about the swap
The Torch is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
RACING...Because with baseball, football, basketball, tennis, and golf, you only need one ball

I used to think that I had learned patience as I got older. Then I realized that I just didn't give a shit
Old 01-30-2018, 04:13 AM   #3
KennyGS
DC Crew

Member #105698

My Corvette(s)
2010 Grand Sport

Welcome bbush. I'm interested to know the background of the '09 Corvette from which you're extracting your LS3. Pics would further add to my interest.
KennyGS is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 07:25 AM   #4
Night Stalker
DC Crew

Member #170809

My Corvette(s)
93 Ruby Aniv roadster/6spd

Welcome !
Night Stalker is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Currently 93 Ruby 40th Aniv Drop Top/6-Spd

previous 58,68,70,76,78,85,90
Member #34506
Old 01-30-2018, 10:25 AM   #5
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Welcome.
Tell me what is going on with your Jeep in a thread started by you.

Do not name the business.
There is a Jackass I hate present in the Pontiac T/A world.
His nickname I gave him is PROTOUR.
He is Gay like his 79 Trans Am.
Slow too.

I near all Auto transmissions very well.
I do not have to Google.
My answers come from my memory.
Maniacmechanic1 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Your sig. has been edited by the admin. Stop now.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:26 AM   #6
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Use tge bad Shark Lounge.
Its our Lobby Area.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:42 AM   #7
bbusch8274
DC Crew

Member #177281

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Torch View Post
Welcome to DC Busch. The LS install in a Jeep sounds interesting and sorry you are having problems with the transmission. However, it is in bad taste to come on here and slam/degrade a business especially on your first post. We as a group are aware of the problems people have had with this guy but you are presenting only one side of it. To present the complaint, we also need his side as a rebuttal so the members can make up their own mind.

But on the positive side, we love to hear more about the swap

I'm desperate that's why I am taking it to the forums. I don't mean to offend you or others but I feel obligated to let others know what he is capable of. To date he owes me $2,000. You be the judge... I paid him $2,000 as a deposit/retainer on 12/15/2016 and it is now 1/30/2018. It should have taken a few weeks to get things together and complete the transmission but we are now fourteen months down the road and he doesn't answer my calls, reply to my text messages or emails. He has straight up stolen $2,000 from me. Let him come on here and defend his actions. What you will find is he won't because there is no defending what he has done to me. Countless hours of frustration and anger. I finalized an order on another transmission today because I can't wait any longer. Fourteen months is not only unacceptable but it is not what we agreed upon. I would never had him build me a transmission that would take more than a year to build. No No No. I gave him 120 days max.. and that was being very generous. I am going to have to sue him which will cost me thousands in expenses traveling back and forth to NY from Lake Tahoe. I have no doubt I'll win because it's open and shut. I can prove I wired him money on 12/15/2016 and anyone with a bit of common sense knows it does not take more than a year to build a transmission. The one I ordered is going to take two weeks. I would love for .... to come on here and defend himself so I can point out every line in his post that is a lie. He is a liar but not good at it. Good enough tho he can scam people out of their hard earned money that put trust in him. At this point I don't mind being a bit distasteful. Ask yourself.. would you want to be his next victim? I'm trying to help here by calling this guy out. Keep in mind the Jeep Community has no problem with exposing frauds via thread.

To all you craving more here is my project to date:

One the way to Jeep Speed Shop more than a year ago

And it looks like Photobucket has cut me off. Wow. It's such a mess over there I've stopped posting photos online because the site crashes my computer. Sorry.

Last edited by bbusch8274; 01-31-2018 at 12:20 AM. Reason: replace photos back in, edit out leech's name that mods already removed
Old 01-30-2018, 11:54 AM   #8
bbusch8274
DC Crew

Member #177281

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGS View Post
Welcome bbush. I'm interested to know the background of the '09 Corvette from which you're extracting your LS3. Pics would further add to my interest.
I purchased the engine from Chuck off eBay in November 2016. He told me that the engine was from a 09 Corvette and essentially it is a brand new engine. If I could post the photos you would see it looks like a very nice specimen. Other than that I have the best guy in the business doing the install and we are going to California smog it which is not easy to do. Wiring will look stock and the stock gauges will remain and work. I plan to be pushing somewhere around 450 hp. Jeep is currently setup with Dana 60 Rock Jock axles, Atlas II transfer case 3.8, GenRight suspension, 37" tires on Hutchinson Beadlock wheels and a stereo that will leave you in tears. This rig is my baby and I am really getting anxious to get her back after being gone for over a year now. I have been building this rig since February 2003 when I purchased her new in Memphis, TN.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:57 AM   #9
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Move it to the Bad Shark Lounge.
Do not Name out a business or a persons real name
Old 01-30-2018, 12:01 PM   #10
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

I found him on Facebook.
Chuck.
In several car and engine groups.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:18 PM   #11
bbusch8274
DC Crew

Member #177281

Guess I'll have to find this 'Shark Lounge'.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:54 PM   #12
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew

Member #176497

Its on the very bottom of the main DC. Forum page.
Old 01-30-2018, 02:45 PM   #13
bbusch8274
DC Crew

Member #177281

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGS View Post
Hi Kenny, I replied but for some reason my post didn't show up even tho it was a very neutral post (said it needed to be reviewed by a moderator).

Try this again..

I purchased the engine from said individual above in November 2016 and he told me the engine was essentially a new engine, the unit appears to be a fine specimen. HP is expected to hover around 430-450. My rig is fully built, I have held off on the engine swap until last. The build has been ongoing since I purchased the Jeep new in February of 2003. To date the rig sports full size Rock Jock Currie 60's, 3.8 Atlas II transfer case, 37" tires on Hutchinson Beadlocks, GenRight/King Suspension and a stereo that will leave you in tears. The rig is my baby and I can't wait to get her back with this LS3 installed. I have Jeep Speed Shop in Cotati, CA doing the conversion so wiring will appear stock, gauges will be stock and we are going to California Smog her when we are finished which is very difficult to achieve. Todd is the best in the business and he has been very patient while my rig takes up his shop floor space waiting on this tranny that never arrived. Ordered a new transmission from GM, will take weeks so hopefully we will be getting back on track by end of March. I hope to have the rig running by May/June so I can enjoy her some this summer. Wish I could post more photos for you but Photo Bucket has become such a mess I can barely extract a photo and now it's not supporting 3rd party hosting for me anymore.

I'll give you some updates with photos in the future of the progress. I'll need to find a new host for my photos in the mean time.
The Following User Says Thank You to bbusch8274 For This Useful Post:
KennyGS (01-30-2018)
Old 01-30-2018, 03:46 PM   #14
bbusch8274
DC Crew

Member #177281

Lets see if Google hosting works....

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rz45tWI4n4cDyL2E3
Old 01-30-2018, 03:48 PM   #15
bbusch8274
DC Crew

Member #177281

Guess the link will have to be clicked until I can get this figured out...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qYB0ydzml9jUrJpQ2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/G7Y4OMoSBhKiKinm2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/lLlgJQ1sMYuGn0O82
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in