The 12 most relevant teams in college football.... Everything Else Alabama Sucks - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 08-27-2015, 05:16 AM   #1
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

The 12 most relevant teams in college football.... Everything Else Alabama Sucks

It's that time of year again folks.....

Strangely and rather inexplicably, Louisville is not on this list..... they must be #13

Sorry Tex, no TCU either.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...fc&ocid=MSIDHP
Poncherello is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message

Ain't THAT the mofo truth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2015, 09:50 AM   #2
Matt383
DC Crew

Member #352
Location: 2003 Points Champ Great Lakes Corvette Challange;2006, 2007,2008 & 2010 class winner NMCA True Street

Ponch,

Not fair.

Those are all div1 teams.

Louisville is 1A

I mean really..can you imagine Louisville on the same field as Ohio state, Bama, LSU etc?

Then again, Appalachain State did upset Michigan a few years ago
Matt383 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:16 PM   #3
tilley88
DC Crew

Member #67216

My Corvette(s)
Frankenvette/95/85

Surely Louisville has a top 12 team in some sport.............lacrosse? Table tennis? Pole smoking?
tilley88 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Frankenvette
Old 08-27-2015, 03:32 PM   #4
HardcoreABN
Account Disabled.

Member #36463

My Corvette(s)
2000 Torch Red/Red Z51 coupe

college football sucks
HardcoreABN is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanPerformance

Owner, All American Performance

402 LS2- Callies Compstar crank/rods, Wiesco pistons, 11.5:1 c/r, Custom 235/250 .621/.595 115+4 cam , CNC LS3 heads, LS7 MAF, Kooks 2" primary tube headers, Corsa Tigershark exhaust, Hotchkis sway bars, Monster level 3 clutch, custom return style fuel system, custom direct port nitrous kit.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:37 PM   #5
Matt383
DC Crew

Member #352
Location: 2003 Points Champ Great Lakes Corvette Challange;2006, 2007,2008 & 2010 class winner NMCA True Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreABN View Post
college football sucks
so,

How do you really feel about college football?
I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.
Old 08-27-2015, 04:48 PM   #6
OldVetteFan
Iron Fist in a Velvet Glove

Member #23592

My Corvette(s)
65 Coupe (Sold) 95 Blk Coupe (Gold Cert - Sold) 2011 Grand Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt383 View Post
Ponch,

Not fair.

Those are all div1 teams.

Louisville is 1A

I mean really..can you imagine Louisville on the same field as Ohio state, Bama, LSU etc?

Then again, Appalachain State did upset Michigan a few years ago
Just because Louisville is in the ACC doesn't mean that it can't be on the field with those other teams.

And they kind of have to be - they're part of Division 1 - FBS, just like the University of Illinois (well, U of I shouldn't be on the field with Ohio State, Bama, and LSU either!).

I don't think there is any more Division 1A at the college football level, is there? Didn't that go away with the creation of the FCS?

Steven
OldVetteFan is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
If energy and enthusiasm were a substitute for experience and expertise, then I could hire my 12 year old to do this job.

NCM Club Ambassador
Master Ambassador - 2009
Old 08-27-2015, 06:44 PM   #7
Matt383
DC Crew

Member #352

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldVetteFan View Post
Just because Louisville is in the ACC doesn't mean that it can't be on the field with those other teams.

And they kind of have to be - they're part of Division 1 - FBS, just like the University of Illinois (well, U of I shouldn't be on the field with Ohio State, Bama, and LSU either!).

I don't think there is any more Division 1A at the college football level, is there? Didn't that go away with the creation of the FCS?

Steven
My comment was an attempt at humor and a slam against louisville and it's fans (read Junk) and hopefully most people took it as such.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:10 PM   #8
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldVetteFan View Post

Steven
Division 1A is now Division 1FBS and Division 1AA is now Division 1FCS. Either way, Louisville isn't one of the 12 most relevant teams

Old 08-27-2015, 08:10 PM   #9
OldVetteFan

Member #23592

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt383 View Post
My comment was an attempt at humor and a slam against louisville and it's fans (read Junk) and hopefully most people took it as such.
And mine was a slam not just against Louisville, but against the ACC as well. And since U of I is such a pathetically weak team (and I live in Illinois), I couldn't help but toss one at them.

Actually, my favorite team is on the list (#7), and I got to see them whup up on Louisville at the Belk Bowl!

GO DAWGS!

Steven
If energy and enthusiasm were a substitute for experience and expertise, then I could hire my 12 year old to do this job.

NCM Club Ambassador
Master Ambassador - 2009
Old 08-28-2015, 12:55 PM   #10
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Hey Ponch, those teams you've named COMBINED don't have as many titles as we have in OTHER sports! Alabama is a ONE TRICK PONY who Louisville DEMOLISHED the last time they played! Do you need another reminder?

Let's see what your other schools have done in OTHER sports! Recently, Louisville had the BEST overall college sports record in ALL sports over the last 4 or 5 years! None of the schools you named come even CLOSE! Look it up!

Don't belong on the field with the big boys? Look!

"Best in College Sports: Ohio State, L'ville, UCLA lead 2014-15 Rankings"

NO 'BAMA!

How many players were drafted to the NFL last year from 'Bama? Not More than Louisville!

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...raft/26779015/

I could go and on but booty is a callin'!

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 08-28-2015, 03:41 PM   #11
OldVetteFan

Member #23592

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post

Hey Ponch, those teams you've named COMBINED don't have as many titles as we have in OTHER sports! Alabama is a ONE TRICK PONY who Louisville DEMOLISHED the last time they played! Do you need another reminder?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxXKgfjbBnA

Let's see what your other schools have done in OTHER sports! Recently, Louisville had the BEST overall college sports record in ALL sports over the last 4 or 5 years! None of the schools you named come even CLOSE! Look it up!

Don't belong on the field with the big boys? Look!

"Best in College Sports: Ohio State, L'ville, UCLA lead 2014-15 Rankings"

NO 'BAMA!

How many players were drafted to the NFL last year from 'Bama? Not More than Louisville!

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...raft/26779015/

I could go and on but booty is a callin'!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xgDSg_MK9s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WeoVDbXCOU
Who cares about college basketball? Boring.

Recall that the topic is college FOOTBALL, not football plus a few other unimportant sports.

But since I like to give credit where credit is due, I will tell you that I absolutely LOVED that Sugar Bowl appearance by Louisville - they destroyed a Florida team that never got their heads in the game, and Teddy B was fantastic.

I think Grantham is an idiot, and Petrino has repeatedly demonstrated his moral bankruptcy, so if you'll get rid of those two, then I'll root for Louisville again (except when they meet up with the Bulldogs of course!).

Steven
Steven

NCM Club Ambassador
Master Ambassador - 2009
Old 08-28-2015, 05:37 PM   #12
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Petrino went 49-7 during his first stint here at Louisville so getting rid of him is going to be like making Notre Dame give up their TV contract and join a conference. Same with the D coordinator. He's getting a million plus to be here so he definitely ain't leaving. But I'll tell you what. Petrino is taking on all comers so The 'Ville will meet up with Georgia again... that's IF Georgia will agree to play them.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:58 PM   #13
OldVetteFan

Member #23592

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Petrino went 49-7 during his first stint here at Louisville so getting rid of him is going to be like making Notre Dame give up their TV contract and join a conference. Same with the D coordinator. He's getting a million plus to be here so he definitely ain't leaving. But I'll tell you what. Petrino is taking on all comers so The 'Ville will meet up with Georgia again... that's IF Georgia will agree to play them.
I don't think that UGA is afraid of Louisville. Florida probably is, but not the Dawgs.

And if you guys are happy with Penistro - leaving the Falcons like he did, then embarrassing himself and shaming his family in Arkansas, then it's OK with me. It just doesn't seem like that's the kind of man that you'd want coaching your kids.

And Grantham will soon show that he's not going to be worth much. His record at UGA was pretty good his first year, then went downhill from there. I suspect it won't take long for him to wear out his welcome at Louisville - but we'll see. Maybe playing in the ACC will be a better fit for Grantham than the competition in the SEC.

Steven

NCM Club Ambassador
Master Ambassador - 2009
Old 08-28-2015, 08:45 PM   #14
Junkman2008
DC Crew

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

It's interesting that you bring up the ACC/SEC thing. Take a look at this. Damn vBulletin software won't allow me to embed a tweet:

Click here

Look at where little ol' Louisville lands. This was a C-USA team not too many years ago and was 3 points from playing for a national title in 2005. Louisville football is going places! The other sports have pretty much already been there! This was 2 years ago! Louisville is collecting hardware like nobody's business in 4 different sports!

Old 08-28-2015, 10:08 PM   #15
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Quote:

Hey Ponch, those teams you've named
I didn't name those teams, Dustin Tackett did.

Quote:
Alabama is a ONE TRICK PONY who Louisville DEMOLISHED the last time they played! Do you need another reminder?
Living in the past again?

Quote:
Louisville had the BEST overall college sports record in ALL sports over the last 4 or 5 years! None of the schools you named come even CLOSE! Look it up!
Is tiddlywinks included in that?

I know reading with understanding isn't your strong point..... Alabama is on that list you posted.

Quote:
How many players were drafted to the NFL last year from 'Bama?
Seven

I just looked at the pre-season AP and USA Today coaches polls and something is definitely wrong...... Louisville isn't in either one of them.

Someday, not in my lifetime, Louisville will play for that National title and have a stadium that holds 101,000 people.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in