The Dodge Boys with thier Hemi & Cummins Pickups Street Raced Me today & Lost - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums
 
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Kill Stories
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

Kill Stories It's a Corvette, certainly you misbehave from time to time like the rest of us. But, this isn't the "I drive like a careless wreckless idiot" forum.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance



Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2016, 07:10 PM   #1
maniacmechanic
DC Crew
 
maniacmechanic's Avatar
 
Posts: 607
Member #169489
Member since: Nov 2016
Location: IL

My Corvette(s)
C4 Roadster

Thanks: 13
Thanked 37 Times in 34 Posts
The Dodge Boys with thier Hemi & Cummins Pickups Street Raced Me today & Lost

Today was an interesting day.
On my way to work on I-80 Chicago bound I was cruising 80mph.
From a distance about 1/2 mile back I observed a Big Pickup jacked up about 6-8 inches moving fast around 100 mph & gaining ground from the rear view mirror of my 1987 C4 Corvette Roadster.
I waited for him.
Moving about 85 mph I floored it and the Transgo shift kit came to Life I installed back in 2010.
2nd gear & then a fast upshift to 3rd.
He had a hopped up Cummins 6
He was hard on the BOOST & by the Roar he had 30 psi BOOST.
He likely had 600 HP & around 700 ft/lbs flywheel torque.
5" inch Pipes & no Muffler..
I held about 4 car lengths ahead to 110 but he was charging very hard still.
Gained no real ground till the 700R4 trans hit 114 mph.
Another Lighting fast shift to 4th Overdrive.
A few seconds later 120, 130, 135, 140 mph on the Digital Speedo in the Vette.....
I dusted him real Bad.


On the way home from work driving 1/2 hour steady a Pickup suddenly was tailgating my Vette with his highbeams on.
I sped up to 100 mph....
He sped up and tailgated me yet.
I goosed the gas to 110 and passed a few slow moving semi trucks.
He followed.
Looking straight ahead it was easily 2 miles clear of open Highway.
I punched it & did not let up.
By 120 he was way back.
But trying still .
I stood on it and hit 130....his headlights almost disappeared.
Hit 135 mph & then eased out of it.
About 1 minute later the pickup came by me in the passing lane.
A Silver Dodge Hemi.
I punched it & the Vette lurched forward.
He didn't want to play no more.
Punched it again to 120 & Bye Bye
maniacmechanic is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
" The Truth Will Always Prevail ".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maniacmechanic For This Useful Post:
JeZeusWTB (11-11-2016), MR BRNS C6 (07-25-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-11-2016, 07:35 PM   #2
JeZeusWTB
DC Crew
 
JeZeusWTB's Avatar
 
Posts: 115
Member #163593
Member since: Jan 2016
Location: California

My Corvette(s)
C5

Thanks: 48
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
Today was an interesting day.
On my way to work on I-80 Chicago bound I was cruising 80mph.
From a distance about 1/2 mile back I observed a Big Pickup jacked up about 6-8 inches moving fast around 100 mph & gaining ground from the rear view mirror of my 1987 C4 Corvette Roadster.
I waited for him.
Moving about 85 mph I floored it and the Transgo shift kit came to Life I installed back in 2010.
2nd gear & then a fast upshift to 3rd.
He had a hopped up Cummins 6
He was hard on the BOOST & by the Roar he had 30 psi BOOST.
He likely had 600 HP & around 700 ft/lbs flywheel torque.
5" inch Pipes & no Muffler..
I held about 4 car lengths ahead to 110 but he was charging very hard still.
Gained no real ground till the 700R4 trans hit 114 mph.
Another Lighting fast shift to 4th Overdrive.
A few seconds later 120, 130, 135, 140 mph on the Digital Speedo in the Vette.....
I dusted him real Bad.


On the way home from work driving 1/2 hour steady a Pickup suddenly was tailgating my Vette with his highbeams on.
I sped up to 100 mph....
He sped up and tailgated me yet.
I goosed the gas to 110 and passed a few slow moving semi trucks.
He followed.
Looking straight ahead it was easily 2 miles clear of open Highway.
I punched it & did not let up.
By 120 he was way back.
But trying still .
I stood on it and hit 130....his headlights almost disappeared.
Hit 135 mph & then eased out of it.
About 1 minute later the pickup came by me in the passing lane.
A Silver Dodge Hemi.
I punched it & the Vette lurched forward.
He didn't want to play no more.
Punched it again to 120 & Bye Bye

I race srt's all day . It's even funny when the rt pulls up hahaha they feeling dustyyyy. I tried racing a lamb gallardo but unfortunately he didn't want it . And almost raced a Ferrari . But I chickened out lmao
JeZeusWTB is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2016, 07:45 PM   #3
maniacmechanic
DC Crew
 
maniacmechanic's Avatar
 
Posts: 607
Member #169489
Member since: Nov 2016
Location: IL

My Corvette(s)
C4 Roadster

Thanks: 13
Thanked 37 Times in 34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeZeusWTB View Post
I race srt's all day . It's even funny when the rt pulls up hahaha they feeling dustyyyy. I tried racing a lamb gallardo but unfortunately he didn't want it . And almost raced a Ferrari . But I chickened out lmao
I am wanting to do an engine swap like you with your C5 Vette.

Its Really Funny I dusted them with a near Bone stock TPI Tuned Port Engine.
Lots of little tricks but never cracked the engine open to swap cams.
It has the Lowly 128 casting heads all call Crap.
That may be so But I still Dust many.

Another secret is I have a really Good Custom Built Torque converter.
Not the Purple thing.
Its painted Blue.
maniacmechanic is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
" The Truth Will Always Prevail ".
 
Old 11-11-2016, 07:47 PM   #4
maniacmechanic
DC Crew
 
maniacmechanic's Avatar
 
Posts: 607
Member #169489
Member since: Nov 2016
Location: IL

My Corvette(s)
C4 Roadster

Thanks: 13
Thanked 37 Times in 34 Posts
Big Block for me.
I Love the Brute Torque Punch they have.


I respect LS Engines.

I just prefer old school Iron.
maniacmechanic is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
" The Truth Will Always Prevail ".
Old 11-12-2016, 04:25 AM   #5
The Torch
DC PIT CREW BOSS
 
The Torch's Avatar
 
Posts: 35,254
Member #799
Member since: Apr 2003
Location: Western Kentucky

My Corvette(s)
2004 Black/Mod Red-Z06

Thanks: 277
Thanked 691 Times in 482 Posts
Aren't there some days you are just glad you got out of bed Brian?
The Torch is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
RACING...Because with baseball, football, basketball, tennis, and golf, you only need one ball

I used to think that I had learned patience as I got older. Then I realized that I just didn't give a shit
Old 11-12-2016, 05:12 AM   #6
maniacmechanic
DC Crew
 
maniacmechanic's Avatar
 
Posts: 607
Member #169489
Member since: Nov 2016
Location: IL

My Corvette(s)
C4 Roadster

Thanks: 13
Thanked 37 Times in 34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Torch View Post
Aren't there some days you are just glad you got out of bed Brian?
Yes Most every day Torch.

maniacmechanic is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
" The Truth Will Always Prevail ".
Old 12-12-2017, 09:47 PM   #7
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew
 
Posts: 5,331
Member #176497
Member since: Dec 2017

Thanks: 209
Thanked 220 Times in 200 Posts
I have had a Few Good Street Races since this last post.

I spanked a Dodge Hemi Charger with the 63 GP last week.
Maniacmechanic1 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2017, 04:48 AM   #8
rlphvac
DC Crew
 
Posts: 842
Member #68962
Member since: Jan 2008
Location: Elizabeth Pa U.S.A.

My Corvette(s)
81 C3

Thanks: 325
Thanked 35 Times in 27 Posts
I see you made it back Brian maybe we can get some life back into this site
rlphvac is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2017, 06:32 AM   #9
Maniacmechanic1
DC Crew
 
Posts: 5,331
Member #176497
Member since: Dec 2017

Thanks: 209
Thanked 220 Times in 200 Posts
I voted For President Donald Trump.

TORCH IS LEADING US ALL HERE ON DIGITAL CORVETTE
Maniacmechanic1 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:28 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003-2011, DigitalCorvettes.com - All Rights Reserved