600 HP, where to get it - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C6 Corvette Forums > C6 Corvette
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Notices

C6 Corvette General | Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Other sections:
Corvettes Classifieds
Corvette Detailing & Car Care
Corvette Audio/Video/Radar
General Automotive/Shop/Tools
Corvette Performance Driving/Racing

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 02-12-2006, 10:42 PM   #1
Carol and Bill
DC Crew

Member #26425

My Corvette(s)
2005 Silver 6-speed coupe and 2005 Victory red 6-speed coupe

600 HP, where to get it

Within 3 years, my C6 will be off warranty with low mileage. At that time, I might like to take the car to a professional shop and get a HP increase. It's a case of bang-for-the-buck, competence and reliablility. In Canada, where does one go to get this sort of thing done and what sort of money would it take?
Carol and Bill is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fun, Escape, Passion, Nostalgia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2006, 10:55 PM   #2
MK#27
Pinocchio

Member #10533

My Corvette(s)
'86 Malcolm Konner edition (R.I.P).. '85 Z51 2500 original miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol and Bill
Within 3 years, my C6 will be off warranty with low mileage. At that time, I might like to take the car to a professional shop and get a HP increase. It's a case of bang-for-the-buck, competence and reliablility. In Canada, where does one go to get this sort of thing done and what sort of money would it take?
wheres Canada?

Nah man i don't think are very many shops in Canada.. does that help?
MK#27 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
proud owner of a 1986 corvette Malcolm Konner edition <---lies lies lies yeah

proud owner of a Yamaha R1 Raven edition <---lie, um, no you don't, it's a schwinn

Wrap your ass in fiberglass.... <--- well, we do, you don't

to the owner of a black GEN 1 viper.... i'll beat you again... <--- come on now, neither your bicycle nor your skateboard or your hyundai is anywhere near fast enough
Old 02-14-2006, 05:00 PM   #3
MrBig
DC Crew

Member #24030

My Corvette(s)
'05 C6 White Z51 6spd

They drive to Texas...
Jeremy
MrBig is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Jeremy

Dallas/Valley Ranch Tx.
F1C D.P. S/C system, N2O, ALKY Control Dual, D.P. fuel system, Dynatech Headers, Borla Stingers, ECS Blower cam, WCCH 317's, FAST Intake, HPTuner, McLeod sintered race twin, D.P. C5 rearend w/3.15's.................................. boost only 787rwhp 662rwtq

Old 02-14-2006, 05:13 PM   #4
m3corvette
DC Crew

Member #11869

My Corvette(s)
99coupe(sold)/ 00coupe(sold)/ 01vert(sold)/ 04 bmw m3 vert / 05 LMB C6 coupe / 06 C6 auto/ C6 Z06

I don't know where, but hi from a guy who once called Edmonton home.
m3corvette is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 09:07 PM   #5
sebrock
DC Crew

Member #3825

600hp

I'm getting a 427 C5R block with 530rwhp for my 2000 coupe built at Tony's Corvette Shop in Gaithersburg, Md. (301) 987-0565. They are one of the best shops in the east coast. They have really ramped up their capabilities for the newer cars. They are not the cheapest but their product is fantastic and will stand behind it. Of course with 600hp comes a $7-10k brake job as well as, reinforcing the whole drive train. Not to mention suspension changes (not too much in parts but a whole lot of labor). For my car we ended up going with the C5R engine, reinforced MN12, Exidy double plated clutch, 3.90 reinforced rear. To get all of this to run properly and stay cool we added an oil cooler/larger radiator, tranny/trans cooler and steering cooler. Now we have a bullet proof drive train that needs to stop and do it repeatedly so we went with Red Devil Ceramic/Titanium brake package (used in Nextel Cup Cars). It weighs 33lbs less than the stock system; a positive to this system is that it is a 6/4 calliper system and we did not have to change wheels becasue the rotors are the size of the stock ones because. They do not need to be bigger because of the greater friction and heat dissipation of the rotor/caliper combo (supposedly 60-0 distances are in the 90-80 foot range!!). We also needed to add steel brake lines as well as front (DRM vents) and rear venting (Z06 Ducts). So now the car can accelerate and decelerate but can it handle. We changed the springs (Vette Brakes) and dampers (Billstein) as well as the sway bars (Hotchkiss). We also needed heavy duty bushings (to poly), links and toe/tie ends so they would not melt with the heat. We also added a bump steer kit to deal with the stiffer suspension. In order to stiffen the car more we changed the tunnel plate and added a rear chasis stiffener (looks like a half roll cage for the rear). I also added a G2 front and rear spoiler for a bit more downforce as well as a DuMans multi port hood to let the car breathe. We did the C5R lights just for looks and so I don't have to raise the lights at the track. All in all it is going to cost as much as a new vette but the car is going to be at Ferrari Enzo performance levels. Just beware 600+ hp is no good unless you do the whole thing and doing that is very expensive albeit extremely rewarding.
sebrock is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
City / State / Country?
Where you live
What kind of Corvette(s) do you own?
This field is not required.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in