Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a NBM '00 Corvette with 51,600 miles/Auto from a local dealership. They are asking $22,995 for it, but I know I can get a better deal than that. I was just wondering what kind of offer I should make.

Thanks for the help, and I look forward to joining the Vette Community!

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
In my opinion that is a great price i was looking at a 2001 with 53000 convertible 6 speed for 29000 private party i know that dealers are usually a little more but that what i think:

·
DC Crew
5,554 Posts
Salvage or rebuilt title comes to mind first :thumbsup:

Run a carfax/ try to get dealer records.

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
Doesnt it depend also on thse condition of the vehicle also?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Have you test drove the car yet?

Not everything gets picked up by Carfax.

I'd be mostly concerned about the drivetrain and transmission.

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
my opinion is to get a mechanic take a look at it before you buy it will be the best 250$ you will spend

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
even if its from a private party?
Maybe even more so. And a salvage title would significantly lower any book values unless listed as salvage values. Some banks will not finance a vehicle with a salvage title, so if financing, that is a concern
:thumbsup:

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
I didnt think of that thanks i will take that into consideration thanks again chuck a

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Salvage or rebuilt title comes to mind first :thumbsup:

Run a carfax/ try to get dealer records.

The carfax appears clean, 2 owner, both local, first owner to 35K miles, second owner to 51K miles.

I checked the black book trade in (assuming that is how this vehicle was acquired) and it lists this car at 18,500 for good condition. I think I might be able to walk out the door for 21K (incl. TTL). Especially considering I have my own financing.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The carfax appears clean, 2 owner, both local, first owner to 35K miles, second owner to 51K miles.

I checked the black book trade in (assuming that is how this vehicle was acquired) and it lists this car at 18,500 for good condition. I think I might be able to walk out the door for 21K (incl. TTL). Especially considering I have my own financing.

Thoughts?
NM, dealership just informed me that they have sold the car.

Thanks anyways! The search continues!

·
Registered
88 Posts
What in the world is NBM ?

·
Registered
88 Posts
^^

Never mind I figured it out.

·
Registered