Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some have seen, but my baby was in an accident, and i'm in the process of repairing her,

Searched a bit, and not coming up with an answer for this:

Anyway, stock MAF and intake were Crushed, so I'm getting a replacement, I was considering replacing with an 85mm LS6 unit, also getting an aftermarket CAI. Replacement is nearly the same cost, and figured I might as well upgrade a bit.

My question, can I plug and play this? I don't plan on tuning my car anytime soon. I know that this included the IAT sensor, and didn't know whether an adapter harness was needed. Also what to do with the old IAT sensor?

Looks like i will be getting an 01+ CAI as well, seeing as how I won't need the IAT hole. Can someone verify this?

Car:
2000 Coupe, A4
Relevant Mods: LS6 Intake, LG Streets, BB Bullets, (CAI of some type soon)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
The 01-04 MAF has the intergrated heater. You'd have to get the plug from an 01-04 and rewire a little. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
The 01-04 MAF has the intergrated heater. You'd have to get the plug from an 01-04 and rewire a little. :thumbsup:
Pat, I think you mean the IAT sensor. The MAF has a 5 pin plug to accomodate the sensor. I got an adapter from Pace, but I think Caspers Electronics sells one also.

On a side note the split harness came in handy when putting the puter into speed density mode for tuning by unpluging the MAF but leaving the IAT plug attached...

Price is about $30. IIRC.

To the OP. If you install an 85mm MAF you will need to have the MAF table re-cal'ed for the new airflow characteristics as the airflow will introduce a different timing and afr from the same throttle blade deflection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts