Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to upgrade to the y2k 2001 chrome wheels for my 97 c5. I have seen them on ebay for around 800.00 for all four. Has anyone purchased them. If so, how are they. Who offers the best deals on them? Anyone want to upgrade there y2k wheels and sell them to me? My car is torch red, and i think the y2k in chrome wheels would look great.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
97redc5vette said:
I would like to upgrade to the y2k 2001 chrome wheels for my 97 c5. I have seen them on ebay for around 800.00 for all four. Has anyone purchased them. If so, how are they. Who offers the best deals on them? Anyone want to upgrade there y2k wheels and sell them to me? My car is torch red, and i think the y2k in chrome wheels would look great.
Because of all the rip-offs on e-bay with folks selling wheels and not delivering, I'd pass on that option unless it was a reputable and established company!

As for where the best deals are, I'm not up to speed on that. But I'm sure someone will jump in and let you know. :)

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
when i was researching wheels,the discussion of strengh was always being brought up.supposedly none of the aftermarket wheels are as strong as G.M.-which is actually some germany company,so i passed on aftermarket and just looked around for stock ones.i was looking for polished aluminum YSKs (the skiniest spokes from all years)i found a perfect set of silver ones from a guy in Calif.for 1500 + shipping.now it's pretty easy to find C-5 rims.now you can get a good set for about a grand.as a matter of fact a friend of mine bought a set of c5 wheels today for a 66' chevelle.
i am going to purchase the wheels that alexws6 has on his car,or his dads car,can't remember.there brand new 5-spoke (split) from CCW.just my opinion.good luck.....:smokin:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
when i was researching wheels,the discussion of strengh was always being brought up.supposedly none of the aftermarket wheels are as strong as G.M.-which is actually some germany company,so i passed on aftermarket and just looked around for stock ones.i was looking for polished aluminum YSKs (the skiniest spokes from all years)i found a perfect set of silver ones from a guy in Calif.for 1500 + shipping.now it's pretty easy to find C-5 rims.now you can get a good set for about a grand.as a matter of fact a friend of mine bought a set of c5 wheels today for a 66' chevelle.
i am going to purchase the wheels that alexws6 has on his car,or his dads car,can't remember.there brand new 5-spoke (split) from CCW.just my opinion.good luck.....:smokin:
sounds like you'll have a set to sell in a few weeks/months

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
The CCW wheels are cool! And, would look great on your car. I hear the inserts are swapable, and you can change the center from black, to polished.... or simply remove it and have it powdercoated any color you want!

:cheers:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
The CCW wheels are cool! And, would look great on your car. I hear the inserts are swapable, and you can change the center from black, to polished.... or simply remove it and have it powdercoated any color you want!

:cheers:
wow,
that would be killer.i'm a couple months away from doing this,but i may have to pop in on there web site and check that out.

Punk Boy.-i thought the same thing,but i tink i'm going to keep them.i think the front (17s) will get a E.T. street tires,put them on the back for track night,so i can get some traction at the ice skating rink -i mean our race track. :laughing:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Y2K wheels

Try Voodoo performance just north of Atlanta. (www.voodooperformance.com) Good to work with, great finish on rims. I live in the area and they mounted mine. New o rings in the sensors, weight balanced on the interior of the rim so as not to scuff the rims, perfectly round, , choice of lug covers, center caps, etc. I think the picture of my 2k torch red coupe is still on their customer rides gallery. no problems with the rims after 2 years, no little rusty spots,, no fades where the lacquer didn't quite cover everything. but then again, my coupe is an overly waxed, double covered , never been in the rain garage queen, too, so I wouldn't expect those issues even with a blue light special set of rims from a k-mart auto center:laughing:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts