Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they want 46K & give me 14,200 for my '87 what do you think? I'd be in it for 31,800 out of pocket!:(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My '87 is a Z52 with every option and 14,000 mi. But that is A GOOD price . But what do you think of the total cost of the car?(Z06) I know nothing about them.

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Do you qualify for the zero percent financing?

You may find that a new Z06 is actually cheaper than a used one because of the difference in interest.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Sounds like a great price on a used(?) 02 Z06. Even with zero percent (which I don't think is now available for vettes) you should be better off purchasing the 02 for $31,800.

Ask for the dealer history, have them pull it.

Current Chevy Offers

DAM thats a great price.

What color is it?

:cheers:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: '02 Z06 3K on it?

Patrick96LT4 said:
Do you qualify for the zero percent financing?

You may find that a new Z06 is actually cheaper than a used one because of the difference in interest.:thumbsup:
Good ? That's why i'm talking to you guys! I have a bad habit to just jump at stuff. But the only new one they have is yellow. (That aint happenen) Hillcrest chevy in salem mass became a big vett. dealer out of the blue. ( Chev. prob. said you take these or BYE,BYE) Dodge did that to my father in the '70s.YOU WILL SELL THESE CARS OR ELSE! Anyway those are the two that I'm looking @ right now. I'm torn hard. I didn't want to buy a new car untiil sunday when I saw that Z06,now that I like that, WTF are the C6s going to be like? I don't know I'm going to drive the red Z06 monday. I did'nt have time today and were getting rain this weekend.:buhbye:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I may be wrong but that really sounds a bit high for the car? Consider that a new one sticker is 52ish. If you look you can get about 3k off sticker...so you're saving 3k plus tax on 3k.?? or am I dreamin?

Try cars.com, put in your zip, do the thing about car and put 50k in as max dollars. i just found an EB 02, Z at Metro Dodge in Hudson with 2500 miles for 42,900!

Do your homework!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
offshore said:
they want 46K & give me 14,200 for my '87 what do you think? I'd be in it for 31,800 out of pocket!:(
Had two firsts my C4 just turned 15000 and I met the owner of the Z06 I saw at comp usa. @ weeks ago. Man that car is nice! A new car is going to be out of the question until the make a Z06 vert. or I like the C6 I had the top off my 87 today when I met the gentelman with the Z06 And he missed not having that option. I still have the 69 vert. but that comes out 4 or 5 days a year. I'm going to start driveing the 87 much more! Boy would I like to have a Z06 though. That top thing just won't fly.PLEASE come out with a vert!!

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Re: Re: '02 Z06 3K on it?

offshore said:
Had two firsts my C4 just turned 15000 and I met the owner of the Z06 I saw at comp usa. @ weeks ago. Man that car is nice! A new car is going to be out of the question until the make a Z06 vert. or I like the C6 I had the top off my 87 today when I met the gentelman with the Z06 And he missed not having that option. I still have the 69 vert. but that comes out 4 or 5 days a year. I'm going to start driveing the 87 much more! Boy would I like to have a Z06 though. That top thing just won't fly.PLEASE come out with a vert!!
Dave hill said the Z06 will never be available as a vert.:(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Re: Re: '02 Z06 3K on it?

Patrick96LT4 said:
did he say why? It's a shame! I think half of the fun of owning one of these cars is going topless, my 69 moves so bad when I hit the gas the body comes foward and smacks the door jams body flex is one of those things you'll have to live with in a car like that. 400hp should'nt worry chev. that much. If body flex is even why they won't make a vert? I do know that's what just cost them a sale! I love the Z06 as I stated before but after looking at the big pic. price,stuck in a cave (no roof or vert) and not knowing what C6 will offer I can't justify locking myself into the payments (if I just wanted to go fast I'd take one of my 572's and drop it in) And the payments are easy it's the Ins. that would kill me. I own my 69 & 87 the ins for both cost under $1000. a year. GF just said $872. If I bought that car I would need a loan. And I would do what the other person said too. (buy new 0%) but the ins. would kill me @$3500 yr after 3 yrs' I could buy another 65" hdtv. Anyway if they make a vert. or even a pop top I'm there! Thank you all for your input.:partyon: If it were'nt for you I'd be stuck with a car I liked but not me.

B

·
0 Posts
You can always ship it up to Canada and Caravaggio will cut the roof off and make it a vert or a targa if you have the $$$

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank's any way! Would that be like the mustang chops? This will prob. get me in trouble but for the near future (rest of my life) canada & anything french is OUT!! IN FACT it has been out for the last 25 years! My 69 & 87 are 100% stock no hack "vert" maker would ever touch my Z06 if I ever got one. The thought of that makes me sick!! I hope you were kidding.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Last year May Vette magazine listed the '01 Z06:
-$42.5k-Excellent condition
-$38.5k-Good condition

They also listed your '85 coupe w/Z51 as:
-$16.0k-Excellent
-$12.0k-Good
-$8.0k-Aveage

Or you could wait till '04 and get the Red/White on Dk Blue Commemorative Z06, in honor of the C5-R colors for LeMans this year.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
65Z01 said:
Last year May Vette magazine listed the '01 Z06:
-$42.5k-Excellent condition
-$38.5k-Good condition

They also listed your '85 coupe w/Z51 as:
-$16.0k-Excellent
-$12.0k-Good
-$8.0k-Aveage

Or you could wait till '04 and get the Red/White on Dk Blue Commemorative Z06, in honor of the C5-R colors for LeMans this year.
Thank you but i made up my mind no moon no car. and my 87 C4 is a Z52 with 14,000 mi. A little more than excellent but if you can get 16,000 for it i'll give you $3000.:partyon:

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Re: Re: Re: '02 Z06 3K on it?

Patrick96LT4 said:
I wish they would come out with a vert Z06. I don't think it will happen (marketing scam) but I could hope.

·
Registered
336 Posts
BIG LAW MAN said:
You can always ship it up to Canada and Caravaggio will cut the roof off and make it a vert or a targa if you have the $$$
You can ship it to Bartlett and I can fire up my chain saw and make you a Z06 vert, not quite as nice of work as Carvaggio but the price is right :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MVR 155 said:
You can ship it to Bartlett and I can fire up my chain saw and make you a Z06 vert, not quite as nice of work as Carvaggio but the price is right :D
:spanked:

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Z06 is only 405 HP, It's easyer to mode the vert to what ever your pocket can afford. Well past the Z06's output, thats the reason I didn't buy a Z06, gotta go toppless:):)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts