Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been covered before but what is the best sounding exhaust for c5 corvette? I just installed SLP Loudmouth on my 03 ZO6 and I hate it. I like loud exhaust that is not the problem. The problem is it sounds like I have glass packs and that is one exhaust sound that I hate. My neighbor asked me the first time he heard it and said put some glass packs on there ha. Pulled up to a gas station yesterday and this guy says got any thing else done to that thing besides the glass packs? At this point I am ready to put the stock titanium back on. Please help ! I know everyone has different tastes but what are the best sounding exhausts out there? Much appreciated.

·
Registered
508 Posts
You are right, everyone will have a different opinion....

I am personally, going to go with the LG Long Tube Pros with High Flow Cats, and the B&B Bullet Quad Tip 4" Exhaust. I am just waiting to get back into town from my business trip.

However, I have seen several videos posted from people on here that have their cars idling. It has been my personal experience that the vettes that sound the best to me also have new intakes, cams, and heads too...

One of the best sounding is the one from NemesisC5, he is on this forum too, and here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDQDADTlCiM

He also has a Supercharger. He also is using the Kooks Stainless Headers with the Corsa Pace Car Cat Back. In my opinion, this is the way a Corvette should sound.

Hope this helps.

Dave

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Personally I'm going with the LG Longtube Pros with catless X and B&B Bullet Quad tips. I have the B&Bs on now and the sound awesome. I'm finishing up my cam swap and header install tomorrow and sill get some footage of the start up. I think this cam(114LSA) should sound killer.

But like you said, it's a personal choice. The stock Z06 ti system sounds OK at WOT, but was way too docile at idle. I couldn't stand not being able to hear my 400+hp motor.

Listen to sound clips and what not, then you'll settle on one.

What qualities are you looking for? Loudness, tone?

Josh

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
borla straight pipes are nice and deep, have you heard them at all? i have heard first hand Bullets with LTs and no cats and the sound is awsome

·
Registered
287 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have GHL magnum series on my car. I get complements all over.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I just got my Z back with LG LT Pro headers, catless X, and B&B Bullets quad tips. It sounds SICk:partyon: . IT's loud and nasty. The cam helps out a little too.

Josh

·
DC Crew
1,948 Posts
I have the Borla Stingers and I like 'em. Look into the Stingers and Bullets. I don't think neither will disappoint.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
I have read that the Magnaflows have a deep tone to them.I am looking for a new catback system as well. But Iam not going to pay over $800 for anything I end up with.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm a little out of step with most guys. I have Bassani cat backs fed by Dynamaxx long tubes, hi flow cats and x pipe. My car is very loud and it gets a great response every where I take. The tips on the Bassani are unlike any other vendors. Of course any discussion on exhaust is very subjective, the only to tell for sure is to find cars in your area with the various systems you are interested in and get the owners to let you hear the car from both inside and outside so you can see if it has the sound you are looking for.

Here are a couple video clips of my car so you can some idea how it sounds.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts