Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are leaking batteries still a problem on an '04. If it is I'm getting an Optima real soon!:buhbye:

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
I thought the leaking battery issue was fixed on the 2002 or 2001 models. I'll need to check since I don't want my 2002 to spring a leak.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I've had my Optima battery for 9 going on 10 years. It is the best battery I've ever had.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
509 Posts
04's have the top post batt. terminals.. the 97-03 are side terminals.. the side terminal batteries are notorious for leakage.. I think the engineers thought the side posts would be sealed to corrosion and infact they seem to have quite a bit of problems..
-Rick

·
Registered
23 Posts
:surprised

If you suspect a leaking battery on your new '04, go back to the dealer immediately!! You may have additional damage to wiring harnesses and other delicate connections under or near the battery. :( :( :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
GM Batteries

I heard thet even GM gel type batteries were no good. When I was at the dealer a guy came in with his 03' and said his battery was dead after not having started the car in 2 weeks. I was going to go with the GM gel type until I heard that story and then I purchased the Optima Redtop. I love it and even put one in my pickup.:thumbsup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,524 Posts
You won't have as much a problem with a top post. when you warranty runs out. the get yourself a Red Top

·
Registered
44 Posts
After I cleaned up my PCM and all the wires under my AC Delco turd, I replaced it with a yellow top. Sleep much better at night knowing that turd is out of my car!! Swap that battery asap! Peace of mind is priceless :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts