Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a vid of my C6(L92/L76 combo) at Rockingham vs a stock(except for PS2 tires) 04 Z06. The times shown tell the story of bad traction,high humidity,95 degrees air temp,and 120+ degrees track temp.

BTW, the regulars at the track said their times were off by .5 to 1.0 from normal due to the conditions.That's put the Z in the 12's and my car in the 11's easily.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
120 trap speed not bad:thumbsup: easily in the 11's. Are you still running the run flats?

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Another great video of track racing...:thumbsup:

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
L92/L76 combo w/ mild cam and lg headers & tune. Stock exhaust and everything else,tires too, unfortunately.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I don't think you ever answered the question.....L76 what??

What kind of power are you putting to the wheels?

You get that 60 time to about 1.50 and you will consistently see the 11's.

·
Registered
58 Posts
L92/L76 combo w/ mild cam and lg headers & tune. Stock exhaust and everything else,tires too, unfortunately.
The weather made a huge affect on your et last time out,you went 12.2 in 95 degree air and 12.05 in 45 degree air in january. Right there is 5 tenths in the 1/4 because of the 50 degree temperature change! Trust me you will see 11.80's this fall when cooler air arrives with higher traps also. If you are trying for a new best I wouldn't even bother taking your car to the track until you have a nice cool day because heat kills the performance on these cars.Good luck!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Yeah, lets see a vid of that 11.70 stock run:huh:

·
Banned
176 Posts
Oh, here we go again. It's all driver and can't easily be taught over the internet. It takes years of practice and the launch is particularly important.
If you'd like we can get together some time at the track.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I believe you, I don't doubt the skill... I'd just love to see a video of it

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts