Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Please Help Can You Put A 06 Steering Wheel On 05? I Like The Look Of The New 06 Wheel And Was Wondering??

·
Registered
546 Posts
i dont see why you wouldnt be able too...:huh: and yes the newer steering wheel is a huge upgrade in the looks department for the vette i think

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it sure looks nice any one eles done this??

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
If you do a search on this subject youll find athread from when the new wheel first came out, I think theres even part numbers listed.

The wheel bolts right on but youll need a unique puller to remove it, Adavance Auto Parts proly loans it out if you dont have it or cant find it/dont wanna buy it.

The new style inflator module(air bag) will snap right into the cars harnesses as 05 and 06 are exactly the same.

CAUTION

I dont know for sure if the resistance specs for the 2005 and 2006 air bags are exactly the same. If they are different bad things can happen, it wont be DC's or my fault.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol no i totaly understand yeah i think its alot of money some thing like 1k at the parts shop at a local chevy dealer but id liek to buy the wheels and have some one install it any one got any ideas?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
lol no i totaly understand yeah i think its alot of money some thing like 1k at the parts shop at a local chevy dealer but id liek to buy the wheels and have some one install it any one got any ideas?
I thought it was more like $600. I'll look into the resistance specs today.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah thanks that would be really cool cause i cant get any info on it and i tryied searching it nothing cam up?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts