Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys i finaly got to drive a new Z06 at the track last night and let me tell you it was a hell of a birthday present!!!

Im up in vegas at 2200ft and it was 94* out. Track prep was great.

This was my first time driving this car period and ive never raced a manual car at the strip. My fastest run was a 12.70 with a 2.450 60' :down: i know... For the life of me, I can not figure out how to launch this car, either i give it to much or not enough off the line. ohh and let me add that the wheel hop in first and second was freaking me out as well (sounded like a jackhammer behind my head). but considering how bad of a driver i was i still cannot believe how much a BEAST this car really is in stock form. And all runs were done in competition mode.

All in all I never lost a race, I beat a modded STI, lol he abvously jumped on me but once i finally got going, i passed him like he was sittin still.

I can tell that this car is clearly above my skill level, by the way i was still trapping 117 with all my stupid mistakes....

Any Tips for next time?:D

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
2500 rpm slow release of the clutch like you were leaving a stoplight. Roll on the throttle as you roll off the clutch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts