Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the old black beauty has been replaced with the new one and it was certainly worth the wait! As much as I loved the 02, the 06 is beyond comparison and we haven't even begun to push it yet as we're going through the break-in period. Much more comfy on the inside, seats are superior, handles like a dream and of course it's quick. Certainly worth the wait for those on lists around the country.
Got a few pics up for a look-see. :excited:

http://home.earthlink.net/~dougatl

Be safe out there and be sure to wave.

doug

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Nice pics, Nice car!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,909 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Congrats Doug! After feeling the difference between your old and the new Z06, I can't imagine what GM will do to make another improvement jump over this. Enjoy and let us know how it goes as she breaks in? :thumbsup:

EFE Z06

·
Registered
168 Posts
For those who went to a C6 Z or a C6Z51 from a C5Z - dont you feel that the older car (C5Z) was easier to drive and throw around? For some reason it felt lighter than the new one....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's all subjective. Going from the 02Z to the 06Z there are definitly differences besides the obvious power/torque. The car seems much tighter to me, not quite as loud as I thought it would be and handles much better. Don't feel any extra "weight" but it looks heavier side by side. Truly enjoyble world class machine.

doug

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Congratulations!!!!

Now you need to change your description over here......
<------------------------

Thanks for the desktop background. Your car is beautiful.

:buhbye:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
dougatl said:
not quite as loud as I thought it would be. doug
You can fix that! Just pull the passenger floorboard open (back), go down to the lowest right hand fuse (red) and pull it out. The sound will be music to your ears! :thumbsup:

EFE Z06

·
Banned
212 Posts
10 Amp Fuse Pull

EFE Z06 said:
You can fix that! Just pull the passenger floorboard open (back), go down to the lowest right hand fuse (red) and pull it out. The sound will be music to your ears! :thumbsup:

EFE Z06
It is a 10 Amp Fuse under the passenger floor mat, towards the firewall. It is labeled FUEL MOD.... Pull it and see what we are talking about...MAKE Sure the car is OFF when you pull it..... Then if you want LG makes a switch you can install and control it from the console... I am going to install that switch. I was driving at 70 MPH in 6th gear with a very good family friend 73yrs old and had to scream for him to hear me. Between him being deff and the sweet Humming:thumbsup: of my Sweet Louise, The switch would have been nice to have. I LOVE THE WAY SHE HUMMS.

·
Banned
1,905 Posts
Not meant to be

EFE Z06 said:

EFE Z06
Careful on the fuse pull!! Need the back pressure:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Hot Z06 said:
Careful on the fuse pull!! Need the back pressure:thumbsup:

What do you mean by that? The more open air flow the engine has the more this monster flies, that's why some are already going to Borla or Corsa exhaust. I reinstalled my fuse for about an hour and couldn't stand the sound or the difference in power.

A monster is meant to breath big, stick a butterfly in his mouth and you smother the monster! :laughing:

EFE Z06

·
Banned
1,905 Posts
Just repeating what some of my friends at the plant told me

EFE Z06 said:
What do you mean by that? The more open air flow the engine has the more this monster flies, that's why some are already going to Borla or Corsa exhaust. I reinstalled my fuse for about an hour and couldn't stand the sound or the difference in power.

A monster is meant to breath big, stick a butterfly in his mouth and you smother the monster! :laughing:

EFE Z06
Did not make this up. Thats why on the site where you found the info..It says "not reccomended", but possible.

Your Car..You way!!! NICE by the way..Keep it that way.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
457 Posts
dougatl said:
Well, the old black beauty has been replaced with the new one and it was certainly worth the wait! As much as I loved the 02, the 06 is beyond comparison and we haven't even begun to push it yet as we're going through the break-in period. Much more comfy on the inside, seats are superior, handles like a dream and of course it's quick. Certainly worth the wait for those on lists around the country.
Got a few pics up for a look-see. :excited:

http://home.earthlink.net/~dougatl

Be safe out there and be sure to wave.

doug
I can't agree more. Have fun with your new toy.:)

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Hot Z06 said:
Did not make this up. Thats why on the site where you found the info..It says "not reccomended", but possible.

Your Car..You way!!! NICE by the way..Keep it that way.:thumbsup:
On what site? I didn't find any site that spoke about this, is there one?

By the way Hot Z06, did I hear you say you sold your Z? If so, I'm sorry you were that discontented. Even with the few problems some are having, the car is still a thrill to drive and worth putting up with some annoyances. What are you replacing it with? :thumbsup:

EFE Z06

1 - 18 of 18 Posts