Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had magnaflow agressive exhaust put on. Any ideas on how to make it quieter. ok around town but way too loud on trip. too much ressinence. Thanks for any help. Rich:thumbsup:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Your going to need different mufflers or to slap some resonators on there. I guess there's a reason they call it an "agressive" kit.

·
Registered
559 Posts
The way I see it, you can turn up the radio or switch to Corsa mufflers. I think they offer the best of both, great sound without the drone at cruising. just my 2cents.

·
Registered
559 Posts
thanks, i will see what corsa has. :cheers:
I had a '98 coupe that I put the Corsa mufflers on, I felt it was quiter than the factory mufflers at cruise but had a great
sound when you leaned on the pedal.

I see you have a '06 VY Z, same here I love it! Have you had any problems with yours? I have not. just curious. :partyon:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so far so good and fassst. i wish i would have never changed the pipes. i think i would trade some body for his factory set for my agressive magnaflow set. wish i never sold my original set, but i sold them to buy the loud magnaflows. ****.Rich

·
Registered
559 Posts
Yeah, I know what you mean, been there done that, I think anybody that fools around with cars can say the same thing.

Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've been pretty happy with the "mild / wild" bypass switch and usually leave it in the bypass mode most of the time. However, it does "annoy" in low RPM highway cruising. Easy then to just push the button and quiet it down. This is with the stock Z06 exhaust system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had magnaflow agressive exhaust put on. Any ideas on how to make it quieter. ok around town but way too loud on trip. too much ressinence. Thanks for any help. Rich:thumbsup:
I have my stock system in the basement with less than a 1000 miles on them. I would consider selling them if you decide to go back to stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts