Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a current c5 vert. z51 and my buddy that sells cars told me he get me a 06 zo6 at msrp. I went and looked at it and sticker said 76k and change, but the had a 10k sticker{hand written). Manager said he had the buyer(orderer) not want it but they got their shipping and t/m paid for by the deposit. They would take the hand written premium off the car and sell it to me( because of loyalty) for msrp, you think I should move on it right away or talk them down to 50% of then invoice/msrp differnce? It sure is a magnificent car.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
How are they just getting an '06 Z06 this late?

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Why get an '06?

I am sure all of our supporting dealers would sell you an '07 at MSRP.

Rick Conti
is closest to you, you could fly to Wisconsin and drive your new baby home. It's awesome to bond with the car on the open road. And, you get to see America.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has only 110 miles on it and i can't take a week off of work to go get it. or I wouldn't be able to buy it. I gonna call him and ask for invoice. Screw it go in low ballin right. He told me it sat in the back of the dealer until the 1 year on the deposit run out.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
It has only 110 miles on it and i can't take a week off of work to go get it. or I wouldn't be able to buy it. I gonna call him and ask for invoice. Screw it go in low ballin right. He told me it sat in the back of the dealer until the 1 year on the deposit run out.
You fly to Wisconsin in the morning, take you 20 hours to get home. 2 days!

·
Registered
73 Posts
There was no 2006 Z06 with a factory sticker price of $76,000 +...I think about $72,800 was the max and that is if it had the Yellow Tint upgraded paint cost. If its got 110 miles and is a year old...its a used car and you should be able to buy this thing all day long for under $70K. If not get an '07 or better yet wait 6 weeks and get an '08.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Buying a 2 year old '06 Z at MSRP is pretty much like taking your hard earned $$$$$ and flushing it down the toilet. RUN, dont walk, away from that "deal"

·
Registered
754 Posts
:agree: There are much better deals out there.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Nah

I may be wrong but wont you lose some of the balance of the factory warranty? So its a year old and they will sell it to you at msrp as if its still 2006. Do some checking and see what a newer one will go for.

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
I own a current c5 vert. z51 and my buddy that sells cars told me he get me a 06 zo6 at msrp. I went and looked at it and sticker said 76k and change, but the had a 10k sticker{hand written). Manager said he had the buyer(orderer) not want it but they got their shipping and t/m paid for by the deposit. They would take the hand written premium off the car and sell it to me( because of loyalty) for msrp, you think I should move on it right away or talk them down to 50% of then invoice/msrp differnce? It sure is a magnificent car.
dude, I'll be happy to help...step up and a 2007 and a save,....I have 2 Blk ones available and a Red in bound....
this one just came available yesterday;

email me if still considering a Z
[email protected]

Thanks & thumbs up!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Be patient and what ever you do.....DON`T PAY MSRP ! Thats a joke, there are dealers out there, just look and look, you`ll find the right deal on an 07 Z for under MSRP.:thumbsup: Sometimes the more you put into a search.. the better the payoff FOR YOU, not the dealer.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Tony's right... just tell the dealer's you are looking for the best deal out there and that you will go to whoever offers the lowest. Give them one chance at it, don't let them haggle you. This is how my dad and I went about getting my '07 Coupe dropped from $56,380 to $50,310.

Let them know they are competing for your business. If they give you attitude or try to call you as bluffing, walk away.

Also, Rick Conti is a good dude... I would have bought my Vette from him if I lived closer to Wisconsin, but Denver is a long drive from there.

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
Tony's right... just tell the dealer's you are looking for the best deal out there and that you will go to whoever offers the lowest. Give them one chance at it, don't let them haggle you. This is how my dad and I went about getting my '07 Coupe dropped from $56,380 to $50,310.

Let them know they are competing for your business. If they give you attitude or try to call you as bluffing, walk away.

Also, Rick Conti is a good dude... I would have bought my Vette from him if I lived closer to Wisconsin, but Denver is a long drive from there.
thanks bro...OH FYI, I used your car for my picture of the day, the other day.

Yes , I am flexible on pricing and always adjust to the market to be fair and always make it fun...to many guys make buying this car torture or they talk down to you...F them....I understand and appreciate working with you..

wait a minute, did I just say F them?!?!?!:laughing: :rolling:

YEP, I did, that's why I love the net and the abilty to express ourselves...I'll guarantee you won't see another dealer rep say F them....:smack :D :laughing:
Thank-you!
and AFA, we'll just drop ship , enclose carrier or do museum delivery on your next one....just let me know sir...we'll find a way for ya;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Another issue on the '06 is that it only has a 3yr/36,000 mile warranty. All '07 vettes have a 5yr/100,000 mile powertrain warranty. DON'T BUY THE '06!!!!!! The '07 or even an '08 made to order at MSRP or less is the way to go.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Rick, you are the man:partyon: made my day!

Mike:thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts