Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddies '07 Z06 has a little over 4000 miles on it. When you are turning sharp the rear chatters really bad. Is there a TSB for fluid change or a recall before he goes to see the dealer ( he just picked it up two months ago used)

·
Registered
247 Posts
My buddies '07 Z06 has a little over 4000 miles on it. When you are turning sharp the rear chatters really bad. Is there a TSB for fluid change or a recall before he goes to see the dealer ( he just picked it up two months ago used)
Yes, there is a TSB on this.
Unfortunately I've no number to give you; but, one's out there.

Had this very issue on my '06 Z51 car, as did many other C6 owners.
My dealer's wrench put an additive into the differential as the first step, IIRC. When that didn't quiet the rearend down they replaced clutch packs.

Thankfully everything was covered under warranty because given all the work required to do clutch pack replaceent/installation it'd surely have cost me a bundle. :cheers:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Two years ago when I went to my dealers servicecenter to have the rear diff REPLACED for my Z06 (same noise as yours), I took these pics from another victim.

Different car, same problem !

Dealer tried to use Additive on the first cars but soon started to replace them all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts