Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,166 Posts
Haven't seen a fix as simple as mine yet. One shot of Lithium white grease on the "axle" of that little latch roller on each latch in ...late 06 or early 07 and still no squeek or noise of any kind from the top.

FWIW

·
Registered
37 Posts
Squeaky top

This solution may surprise readers; but rubbing baby powder on the rubber seal (s) will solve the problem. You may need to reapply the powder after washing the car - but it does work.

I stay away from greasy lubricants because they gather dirt and dust and are just plain messy.

Give it a try - you will be surprised.

Another solution is "don't put the top on". But I am from Canada and this will never work long term.

Blackhat

·
Registered
145 Posts
My whole damn car creaks, does Chevy have a fix for that? Especially the rear hatch, it has 14,000 miles on it and it sounds like it has 214,000 and was built in 1976.

Seriously, the rear glass and rear hatch latch squeek, pop, and groan like crazy...Any suggestions?

The front fenders even squeek while I am LIGHTLY handwashing the car. :surprised :crazy:

Outstanding fit and finish... :spanked:
I have a 2007 Coupe and mine is pretty much creak and rattle free. I had the roof panel issue and since the TSB work was completed I have not had a problem. Like the other I keep up on the lubrication and and do not have any issue.

I have not heard of any issues with the rear hatch or glass.

Chris

21 - 25 of 25 Posts