Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
i think the airbag wrap would look much better if the corvette lettering was in different color stitching..

and Rick i guess we do not get to see a jetstream blue car yet?

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
:thud: g o r g e o u s !

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
:agree:
My main hang up with the C6 was the interior.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
533 Posts
After seeing it in person, I like the design of the new interior but in my opinion, they (the two colors) only go well with a couple of exterior colors. THE darker brown looked good on the orange car and I suspect would look good on a black car as well. I can't see it looking real good on any of the other exterior colors. Also, the center stack trim is so shiny it seems out of place. It's the only thing shiny on the interior. I like the carbon fiber look but it's too shiny. When you first see it (on the base interior) it looks like it's just painted gloss black. THe one on the 4lt interior also looks like carbon fiber but it's more readily apparant it's a carbon fiber pattern.

I lucked out and got the chance to actually drive one of the 08's. I drove it for about 20 minutes with one of the GM guys in the passenger seat. :D

·
Super Moderator
10,114 Posts
Rick,

It's hard to tell in the pics. Are you saying that the linin is lighter than the titanium two tone?

Is the titanium two tone discontinued in 2008?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Looks great! I like it better than the orange accents. If you're going to spend the money on a new Corvette, you might as well get one that looks better and is more comfortable!

Does anyone have any guesses about how much of a premium 4LT/3LZ will command over 3LT/2LZ?:huh:

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After seeing it in person, I like the design of the new interior but in my opinion, they (the two colors) only go well with a couple of exterior colors. THE darker brown looked good on the orange car and I suspect would look good on a black car as well. I can't see it looking real good on any of the other exterior colors. Also, the center stack trim is so shiny it seems out of place. It's the only thing shiny on the interior. I like the carbon fiber look but it's too shiny. When you first see it (on the base interior) it looks like it's just painted gloss black. THe one on the 4lt interior also looks like carbon fiber but it's more readily apparant it's a carbon fiber pattern.

I lucked out and got the chance to actually drive one of the 08's. I drove it for about 20 minutes with one of the GM guys in the passenger seat. :D

great to see you at the bash bro....
NOW SPILL YOUR OPINION OF THE 2008.....

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rick,

It's hard to tell in the pics. Are you saying that the linin is lighter than the titanium two tone?

Is the titanium two tone discontinued in 2008?
titanium stays for 2008...I am simply stating that it is a different tone than titaium Many think it is the titatnium just wrapped..and it's not.

Again, feedback we could only share by BEING THERE.

I'll save it for another post, but another dealer has made a comment or two that does not sit well with me in regards to the new engine and the new interior and a the new blue....

once people read it, they will be upset at that type of representation of Corvette....that's all for now.

I for one, LOVE THE NEW INTERIOR, and yes it's not for everyone, but now we have some extra choices and that is fun

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'll save it for another post, but another dealer has made a comment or two that does not sit well with me in regards to the new engine and the new interior and a the new blue....

once people read it, they will be upset at that type of representation of Corvette....that's all for now.
Rick, you might want to consider the following:

The True Gentleman is the man whose conduct proceeds from good will and an acute sense of propriety, and whose self-control is equal to all emergencies; who does not make the poor man conscious of his poverty, the obscure man of his obscurity, or any man of his inferiority or deformity; who is himself humbled if necessity compels him to humble another; who does not flatter wealth, cringe before power, or boast of his own possessions or achievements; who speaks with frankness but always with sincerity and sympathy; whose deed follows his word; who thinks of the rights and feelings of others, rather than his own; and who appears well in any company, a man with whom honor is sacred and virtue safe.

by John Walter Wayland

Such a man does not spread stories after the Bash about a "beloved" member of the Corvette fraternity who had an unfortunate accident; or tries to make himself look better by repeating conversations to make his competition appear worse.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts