Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Once again, the Vette proves it is the Biggest, Baddest, Meanest MF'er on the Block!!!!

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
DAMN THAT LOOKED LIKE FUN!:laughing:

·
Registered
393 Posts
08 Viper vs Z06

Rex I love you for that .Great vid Ilove when vette beats viper .Pist of A big understatement thank ypu.:rolling:

·
Registered
267 Posts
?????

We lost every comparison test, we only won because we have cruise control:D

I don't consider that a victory.

I still LOVE my Z06 and won't trade for the Viper, but we are a tick behind, it is still close enough to be a drivers race.

From a roll 600hp is most likely gonna f-ck us up though.:surprised

Sorry, just being honest.

Howard

·
Banned
118 Posts
They were beating the crap out of those cars. Didn't the Viper break down too? I think 10 of the 10 rods went right through the pan. :devil:

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,388 Posts
Really, watching that vid trying to be totally inbiased, the Viper just looks like a big heavy lumbering brick on the track. I know it's a formidable opponent, but beyond it's brute strength it just seems to have a total lack of grace. OK, so maybe I am a little biased, but good to see yet another reason I should be:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Really, watching that vid trying to be totally inbiased, the Viper just looks like a big heavy lumbering brick on the track. I know it's a formidable opponent, but beyond it's brute strength it just seems to have a total lack of grace. OK, so maybe I am a little biased, but good to see yet another reason I should be:thumbsup:
it beat the Z06 around the track by 1/2 second--it may not look pretty around the track but it did what Dodge intended it to do--beat the Z06 on a performance basis only

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
?????

We lost every comparison test, we only won because we have cruise control:D

I don't consider that a victory.

I still LOVE my Z06 and won't trade for the Viper, but we are a tick behind, it is still close enough to be a drivers race.

From a roll 600hp is most likely gonna f-ck us up though.:surprised

Sorry, just being honest.

Howard
I know that you are being humorous, but we didn't lose every performance test, as I believe the Vette did out brake the Viper...that aside it was very, very close on all measured performance tests. So I see the glass as half full. I think the numbers will be even closer with the improvements made to the 08 Z06 (chuck the run flats and I think the Vette would probably win on the track and through most accel. and handling tests) and I wouldn't take for granted the creature comforts. They didn't say the car had cruise control, they said that you could get in and out of it without third degree burns to your legs, that you could actually go on a trip and take more than what you could pack in a duffle bag, and the exhaust not didn't sound like a Hoover vaccuum cleaner. If its testostone, chest thumping hairy nuckle fun you want maybe you do choose the Viper, but I still see the Z06 as the real everyday supercar of the two.

·
Registered
130 Posts
it beat the Z06 around the track by 1/2 second--it may not look pretty around the track but it did what Dodge intended it to do--beat the Z06 on a performance basis only

First of all thanks for posting, ScRex.

And to tar heels :

I´d like to see other comparos with better drivers on both cars. Watching that video, I felt that the drivers liked to show off, but somehow I suspect him / them to be limited by relativly poor skills compared to race professionals. And to take those two beauties to the limit and do a real good lap, a good one is in need !

Greetings from faulpelz

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
:partyon: Dodge...what a joke.
you think? I'm still waiting for the other two American car makers to offer the same lifetime powertrain warranty, styling, and overall cost/quality ratio. When is GM going to get rid of thagt way out dated 4 speed auto in it's sedans?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Dang when the Z did a 180 and then just zoomed away.....SO TIGHT!!!!!!!!

Also, if i didnt know any better it seemed like they shifted when they did the 0-60 before they hit anywhere near 60...if thats the case then it would def have beat the viper to 60

1 - 20 of 53 Posts