Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this is a repost somewhere, but it is new news to me. I just read in a magazine last night (dont remember which one) that toyota is remaking the supra! In the magazine it said there will be a coupe model and a vert. I think it said there will be two engines, I know it said one engine will be a 5.0L V8 making 450hp. and if I remember correctly the other engine will also be a smaller V8 something like a 4.2L or something. also I think they said they plan on releasing it as a 2009 model? anybody else heard about this?:huh:

·
DC Crew
5,554 Posts
Supra should always be a TT 3.0 Inline 6 :partyon:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
The one thing you can depend on is cars produced by Toyota will not live up to their potential. Toyota is the classic underachiever when it comes to performance. Examples are the previous Supra, GSs and ISs. Compared to the other Japanese companies thier attempts at Sports type Cars have been a dismal failure.

Yeah, I know 1100rwhp Supras, etc. but other than drag racing their attempt at a world class sports car was a joke as was their Lemans attempts with the world's most advanced sports prototype. It was put on the trailer by Mazda's severly underfunded Sports Prototype program. Acura kicked their butts in Sedan road racing. The list is long with few bright spots.

:cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts