Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last night a friend and I are walking though walmart and we always go see what new 1:18 scale cars they have. Well we look at all these fixed up ricers and couldnt believe how detailed they are. Well then I notice....THOSE WHEELS!!! They look just like my CCW's!! So I end up buying a car just for the wheels...25$ My wife goes nuts and tells me Im crazy. We get home and with about an hours worth of work we make them fit.

...but they end up being alittle BIG. It actually looks close if they were 1:24 scale we might be in business, I just cant spend another 20$ to buy another car and destroy it.

Mark

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Ok, you got me thinking now. Was this hard/difficult any? I have a model (riced up Civic) and it is just sitting up in my closet (Im not about to set that thing out in my room. But it has pretty nice wheels and am thinking about putting it on one of my Vette models. What all did you have to switch out and take apart? How long did it take you?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It took knives and other tools about an hour but I needed 1:24 scale I think to match the size. I love playing (taking them apart) my 1:18 scale, I have about 20 of them now and I have 3 general lee's I plan on taking one and making it look "wrecked" Like its been ramped from the show and put it on a flat bed.

I always like to have cars that I owned.

1. buick grand national....got it

2 300Z ...getting it

3 94 coupe corvette yellow....got it

4 97 black hard top....got it

5 99 convert..... got it

6 02 yellow Z with wheels.

·
Registered
333 Posts
are those 24 scale inch wheels :laughing:

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Well I gave this a shot with two of my models and It didn't work out. I guess it would have worked if they were the same brand. Also it didn't work out too well because I was taking from a Civic and putting them on a Vette and the Civic wheels are skinny compared to the Vettes and would not have looked right. Oh well...yours is still very cool! I wouldn't worry too much about the size.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I've though about buying a ZR-1 model for the wheels to go on my mini me
But just can't part with $30 to ruin two models.:laughing:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just open the one you want to take back very easy, get the wheels out and then return the model and tell them it came with no wheels? easy. lol Mark

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
1badz06 said:
Just open the one you want to take back very easy, get the wheels out and then return the model and tell them it came with no wheels? easy. lol Mark

Love it! Great idea.:D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was hard to do it this time of the year...but I told them manufacture defect so it didnt go back to some kid.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts