Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted another way to creatively display my die casts and my wife suggested that I do a 50's style drive in diner. I designed it to fit the shelf I was going to use it on and made it from basswood and plastic. The wood was 50% off at Hobby Lobby and with the other little odds and ends that I bought for it (including LED lights), I have about $20 in the project. There are still a few touch up things I want to do like hide the wires under the canopy, but I couldn't wait to get some pics on here to show everyone. By the way, there is a mirror on the back of the shelf where it sits.

Corvettes at the diner

I don't know how many hours I have into it... I've been tinkering with it for a few weeks, but it has been fun.
Brent

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool Diorama...where did you find the 53 vette with the side window...:thumbsup:
are they FM or DM...

This is a limited edition Danbury mint that I inherited from my Dad's collection. It is a sweet model. The fuel door opens, the engine is extremely detailed... amazing. Thanks for the comments :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can start on mine, jejeje. way cool dude
Thanks, man. I've found some more things to do. Hopefully I'll be posting some pics up here real soon... maybe later today :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts