Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope you enjoy these pictures of this 24th scale garage that I made. It is made from balsa and basswood- standard frame construction with a truss roof that is removeable. It is lit with LEDs that have a wire going out of the back to a battery pack. The shingles were made with sandpaper. It is great for displaying models... like my 2007 Corvette shown inside.

I made this for my Dad about a year or so before he passed away. He really loved showing off his Danbury Mint and Franklin Mint cars in it. I must say that we had fun fooling people with pictures like these... making them think it was a real garage :rolling:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the nice comments. I forgot to mention that the tool boxes, the stool, creeper, ramps, and air compressor (misc garage items)... were all purchased at the local hobby shop in one of those 1:24 scale display sets.

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
Man ,that's first class work sir,love the detail,I can see where people would think it was reqal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Man ,that's first class work sir,love the detail,I can see where people would think it was reqal.
Thanks bucwheat, I've admired your work, so that means a lot coming from you :partyon:

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
OMG! I had to really look closely at that first picture.:surprised It looks alot like my car only in someone elses garage.:lookinup:

Extremely nice work and it's great you have this to remember your Dad by.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Very cool, a lot of time and effort went into that. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
:thumbsup: Super job..I admire your patience..I'm sure Dad was a proud man.

ZEP

·
Registered
897 Posts

I must say that we had fun fooling people with pictures like these... making them think it was a real garage :rolling:
Could have fooled me too. :laughing: That C6 looks like it's :D to be in there. Glad you were able to share good times with your dad. May he RIP.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Could have fooled me too. :laughing: That C6 looks like it's :D to be in there. Glad you were able to share good times with your dad. May he RIP.
:laughing: Here ya go. This is mine when I did the grill :D in my real garage. (I wish my real garage was as nice as the model)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts