Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Alleydude.... I have the T3 track layout, but I want to turn it into something new.

Do you have any links to track sites that have sample layouts of what else you can do with the T3 without buying more track?

From the looks of things I'll want to add some more straight track, and some tighter radius turns.

Something like this .... something that'll fit in a 4x8 - 5x9' area.

Also, do you know of any slot car laden hobby shops in the Chicago suburbs that I can waste tons of money on?

:laughing:

·
Registered
216 Posts
That second layout is using a different brand of track called Carrera. There is a section on SCI for track layouts you might want to check out:

Track Layouts & Scenery

But what I would recommend is going to http://www.slotrace.com/ and downloading (and purchasing the key) Tracker 2000. This is bar none the best track design software available. This is where those pic's above came from.

With Tracker 2000 you can plug in the track that you have and go to town designing the layout of your dreams. It works GREAT! The T3 uses wider radius curves, so you will probably need to buy some R2 curves (yours are R3) to get a tighter layout in a smaller space.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Patrick,
I'll "track" down the name and address of a shop in Wooddale. It's on Irving park road, IL Rt19 about 4 miles west of IL 83, south side of street in Georgetown center with Big Lots store. It is at the West end of center. They have 2-3 tracks there where you can rent a car and time on the track. they also sell parts and premade cars. When I was in my early teens I lived for that stuff. All the stuff I threw away shortly after getting married is the same type of stuff they sell there. I'll get you the info and when/if you decide to go maybe I'll be able to meet you, it's about 3 miles from home.

Dj"s Hot Slots
338 Georgetown Center
Wooddale, IL 60191

630 595 6960 I'll get hours when they are open

1 - 3 of 3 Posts