Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe someone out there can clear this up for me.
1972 C3 the build sheet shows 2 different part numbers for the body mount spacer 3973897 LH & 3973886 RH.
The difference being one is flush on both sides and the other has a raised washer face on one side only.
Which one is which?
My car was apart and put back together before i came to own it and I'm trying to put it back factory correct has much has possible.
Alex

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I am assuming that since the part numbers have a LH & RH designator, one would be left, the other right. Install accordingly, you should be OK.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for asking however that's the issue the parts are not marked L or R so which one is which and the build sheet does not give a clear item picture or detail.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Try this, Google the full part number then go to images, see if you can discern. I did find some youtube videos concerning C3 body mount kits, maybe that will help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did and best I can come up with is that the raised washer face spacer goes on the D/S at the #1 & #4 mount, to which when I replaced the #4 mount last year it did have the raised washer face. So given that LH PN is 3973897 with raised washer face, & RH PN 3973886 is the flat face spacer.
Thanks for your help
Alex

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well on to my next repair job some pics of what I've done so far, re-riveted P/S #1 mount, replaced D/S #1 mount and cut plenum to reach back plate re-riveted and will re-glass patch over opening, next on to the fresh air vent doors which you can see are shot. After this remove dash and replace just about everything i can see along with rebuilding steering column, this has been my near basket case car frame & body were in good shape everything else well let's just say it's been removed and cleaned or replaced, but it's been fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts