Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
I've seen the AstroTops and need to get some advice as well. Not expensive, but not quite the same as stock glass tops.

I did hear that you should loosen or remove glass T-tops when jacking the car, as the slight body twist can shatter them!! I think I'll keep my fiberglass tops.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
I've only used the 1 pc acrylic top... wasnt aware they had a 1 pc glass one... the acrylic had minor sealing issues but was attractive and provided awesome headroom up until it started falling apart
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
i'd say 25% of us that bought them like them n the other 75% LOATHE them. i've had mine on for 14-15yrs now w/no problems and i never remove it when i jackup my vette which is quite often. do they leak, of course, just like my stockers did but i avoid the rain except for taking it on trips. what i really like is the 3" to 4" extra headroom u gain w/them and now i don't have to crouch in it and it's the 1st thing people comment on and wanna touch at carshows!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was on the fence before now i really am. It looked good but the mounts looked average at best. Would like to save the five hundred but i am 6 foot 1 and worry about head room. My options are buying this top, buying new aftermarket glass tops or having my fiberglass tops repainted. (which i dont really want to do)



Btw your car looks great! :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
I was on the fence before now i really am. It looked good but the mounts looked average at best. Would like to save the five hundred but i am 6 foot 1 and worry about head room. My options are buying this top, buying new aftermarket glass tops or having my fiberglass tops repainted. (which i dont really want to do)



Btw your car looks great! :thumbsup:
thanx, btw i'm also 6'1"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,916 Posts
I have glass/mirrored tops. Cost me $1,000. I did not buy the astro top because it's plastic. But, at 6'3", I am wishing I tried it.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top